Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also, no Liverpool fan can ever mention Webb again after today. Not with a straight face anyway.

Skrtek should have gone, Johnson should have gone, Kagawa should have had a penalty.

Lol ball was going through to Renia so yellow was right, should have been a free kick to Liverpool as Valenica fouled Johnson 1st, it was a shoulder to shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You've been watching too much of the Sky Sports.

Lol probably true but I've never bought into the Premier League hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The word Gulf thrown around a lot. Didn't see it today, anyway. Bit of a crap game and a shame Sturridge couldn't make it 2-2, but sure. We played well in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Lol ball was going through to Renia so yellow was right, should have been a free kick to Liverpool as Valenica fouled Johnson 1st, it was a shoulder to shoulder

No, it was dropping straight to welbeck, thats why Skrtl pulled him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

welbeck MOTM bit of a joke IMO.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »
    A game of two halves.
    Utd get the little bit of luck that we didn't. Draw would have been fair.

Good game. Next.

Are you actually being serious or are you just trolling? Even when Liverpool were on top, United came closest to scoring. 4-1 would've been fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I absolutely agree with you. Never mind the semi-finals, I'd be shocked of either Man Utd or Arsenal get into the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Yeah its a much for muchness league at the moment

Can't see Ferguson being happy with that second half. Complete role reversal

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Sign on, sign on

Its funny they sing that to be honest considering how Manchester's unemployment rate is the same as Liverpool's.

Coupled with the myth of the people of Liverpool being criminals, as perpetuated by this banner, yet the city of Manchester has the third highest crime rate in England.

I suppose the irony is lost on the fans who make the 100km plus journey to see their team play at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even though we were useless in the second half, it was more about us turning off rather than Liverpool actually being any good.

The true gulf in class between the teams and players was shown in the first half when we completely dominated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Also, no Liverpool fan can ever mention Webb again after today. Not with a straight face anyway.

Skrtek should have gone, Johnson should have gone, Kagawa should have had a penalty.
    Fuhrer wrote: »
    Another game were the referee made many terrible decisions against United that wont ever get brought up when people go on about Fergie buying the refs and whatnot.

Before this goes any further, can somebody put up a GIF of the Johnson/Valencia incident?

It seems 100% clear to me that Valencia dragged back Johnson's arm about 3 seconds before the Rugby Tackle.

So, surely Liverpool should be the ones aggrieved what with being denied a FK in a great area when a goal down late in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

double GG wrote: »
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

10 point clear.
    6 points off Liverpool.
    24 Points ahead of Liverpool.
    7 place ahead of Liverpool.

Keep HATING!!

Obviously. Who wouldn't hate someone with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Welbeck. What an interview.

Floyd_Wetherton_S_FamilyGuy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And it was going so well.:rolleyes:

Dire first half, decent second, just didn't take the chances we made. Story of the season.

Ahh sure we knew would happen after the final whistle

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No, possibly, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Delighted with that win. Fair play to Liverpool, weren't at the races first half but stepped it up for the second. Sturridge the difference in the second.

Now hopefully Arsenal can nick a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

United at 21/20 has to be the most ridiculous price ive seen in a while. Whoever in their right mind were betting against them on Liverpool at 10/3, or the draw to drive the price out from 4/5 must really have problems. How people could back that and think it was a good value bet is beyond me. There should be an IQ test before people are allowed to gamble

Yeah odds when liverpool kind of defy belief really as fans blindly back them its amazing really. I remember arsenal were 3/1 earlier in the season to beat us and it was the easiest game they had all season.

Anyways 2-1 probably generous to us, sturridge looked good though. Rodgers needs to really re evaluate the squad and team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

good to get the 3 points.Poor game,United were the better team in the first half but still didnt get out of first gear.Pool improved in the second but just don't have the quality to trouble the bigger teams.
    Glad Webb didn't send Johnson off near the end we would have the same idiots on spouting ****e abound him favouring United.

Good call by redknapp wondered that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

So only one RED CARD here today and I think everyone could have guessed who was going to get it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jamie Redknapp and the Sky Sports hype machine doing there best to manufacture some controversy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Are you actually being serious or are you just trolling? Even when Liverpool were on top, United came closest to scoring. 4-1 would've been fair

Are you actually being serious or are you just trolling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jamie ranting and raving

Ares wrote: »
    Its funny they sing that to be honest considering how Manchester's unemployment rate is the same as Liverpool's.

Coupled with the myth of the people of Liverpool being criminals, as perpetuated by this banner, yet the city of Manchester has the third highest crime rate in England.

I suppose the irony is lost on the fans who make the 100km plus journey to see their team play at home.

How can you use Manchester as the basis of your argument and in the next sentence say the fans come from 100km plus away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

United win with an offside goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jamie Redknapp and the Sky Sports hype machine doing there best to manufacture some controversy.

They have to, there's nothing else to talk about in relation to that game.

Letter of the law its offside. Impossible to spot though

Bit of luck made the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

A game of two halves.
    Utd get the little bit of luck that we didn't. Draw would have been fair.

Good game. Next.

United are more potent upfront. Only thing that swung it in their favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

How can you use Manchester as the basis of your argument and in the next sentence say the fans come from 100km plus away?

an irish liverpool fan saying it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Jamie Redknapp hasn't a clue.

The Liverpool fan from Ireland complains about people not living near their team.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Letter of the law its offside. Impossible to spot though

Bit of luck made the difference

And the huge gulf in class. Christ, fans really will grasp at any straw left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The most ironic part of this whole statement is people in Ireland discussing fans actually going to games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

an irish liverpool fan saying it too...

Lol

SantryRed wrote: »
    The most ironic part of this whole statement is people in Ireland discussing fans actually going to games.

Oh change the fcuking record.

You support the League of Ireland..we get it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ha, you can see how it's annoying 'Pool fans not being able to blame Webb since he did nearly everything in his power to stop the game from being a rout in United's favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No gulf there today lads.
    Sitting here with a load of Man U lads and they agreed that a draw would have been fair after the second half. We dominated.
    Lucky goal. Both teams missed chances.

Next year. Definitely our year.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, I can sense this thread is about to go south, so I'm out (probably). Norwich next to discuss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

United win with an offside goal...

It's not Web's job to spot the offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thought Valencia and Raphael were brilliant defensively (falling asleep for Sturridge's goal notwithstanding). Completely kept Johnson and Sterling out of the game.

I think i'd say Liverpool were a bit unlucky not to have had a few more clear cut chances, given the couple of times that the ball pinballed around the Utd box, and a draw wouldn't have been an outrageous result, but Utd deserved their win.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    OK, I can sense this thread is about to go south, so I'm out (probably). Norwich next to discuss.

It's taking a nose dive alright.

Ha, you can see how it's annoying 'Pool fans not being able to blame Webb since he did nearly everything in his power to stop the game from being a rout in United's favour.

Bit dissappointed we didn't get a FK when Johnson was fouled by Valenica before the attempted Rugby Tackle.

No real complaints about the result though obviously.

Sitting here with a load of Man U lads and they agreed that a draw would have been fair after the second half. We dominated.

Sitting here with a bunch of Liverpool fans and they said the complete opposite.

Its amazing the support we can get for our opinions when we just make things up.

And the huge gulf in class. Christ, fans really will grasp at any straw left

Not at all. I have said tha united were the better team but three goals one deflected from someone technically offside that made the difference.

I'm not sure its class as much as attitude. Manchester united need to be admired for that. Their record in the big games this year is brilliant even when they haven't alwauys played well for wholee 90 minutes

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

As a huge number of ManU's match going atendees come from outside Manchester. I've seen this one upmanship done by many United fans based in Ireland who attend games who dismiss Liverpool as a city while claiming that the people of Manchester are superior people.

The irony is probably lost on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

For what exactly? Honestly just want to know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

United completely deserved to win. Liverpool didn't even make any good chances when they had most of the possession in the 2nd half. When Irish people start slagging about non-local support is when the knuckle-draggers and window lickers come out, so bye.

parc wrote: »
    For what exactly? Honestly just want to know

There's always one.

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yup, this thread is finished with. Enjoy lads/mods.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Sitting here with a bunch of Liverpool fans and they said the complete opposite.

Its amazing the support we can get for our opinions when we just make things up.

There was a gulf for about 55 minutes in fairness.

Hard to deny.

Can't really say Utd were amazing or anything.

As a huge number of ManU's match going atendees come from outside Manchester. I've seen this one upmanship done by many United fans based in Ireland who attend games who dismiss Liverpool as a city while claiming that the people of Manchester are superior people.

The irony is probably lost on them.

As is the irony lost on you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement