Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

parc wrote: »
    For what exactly? Honestly just want to know

theyre only messing with it, just let em have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

liverpool awful first half, dominated second half and could and should have got a draw, van persie is carrying that man utd team more than suarez is carrying liverpool atm and thats saying something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

That was an embarrassing statement he made tbh, next year is liverpools year the last 20 odd years FFS!!

UNIIIIIITED!!!!

That was an embarrassing statement he made tbh, next year is liverpools year the last 20 odd years FFS!!

UNIIIIIITED!!!!

and another :D

enjoy lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

UNIIIIIITED!!!!

Whooooosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thought Liverpool gave a good battle second half. I had to put away my cigar that i was smoking after the second goal. Nervous ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

noodler wrote: »
    There was a gulf for about 55 minutes in fairness.

Hard to deny.

Can't really say Utd were amazing or anything.

Yeah but thats the point, United didnt have to be amazing.

How many saves did De Gea have to make after the goal? When do the stats usually appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oh change the fcuking record.

You support the League of Ireland..we get it already!

It has nothing to do with the LoI whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

UNIIIIIITED!!!!

BxrN3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

#This is not a troll comment#

Allen is extremely average and that's exaggerating, cant believe Lucas was taking off before him, lucas didnt do anything wrong mind he didnt do anything but at least he wasnt mistake after mistake.

Young is not United quality, i'd go as far as to say that he's nearly everything wrong with the english game.

Also why do pool fans not like Sturrige, he is clearly a class above everything attacking player bar Surrez and maybe Gerrard.

Overall, United pretty dominant, though after pool's goal it was mostly pool, no disgrace, decent match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

rossie1977 wrote: »
    liverpool awful first half, dominated second half and could and should have got a draw, van persie is carrying that man utd team more than suarez is carrying liverpool atm and thats saying something

People wonder why we call Liverpool fans deluded, and then we have people stating they should have got a draw. Liverpool had 3 chances. United could have had 5 goals in the first half alone. It was domination for 60 mins. After that, Liverpool were slightly the better side. Even then, Van Persie came closest to scoring. I don't know whether people are trolling or this is their honest opinion. Saying Van Persie is carrying United is also wrong. Bear in mind United were also missing Rooney, who a lot would consider their best player. Gulf in class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

United deserved to win.Liverpool improved in the second half but for all their possession they didn't trouble De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can you block people posts on the touch boards?

Also well done Webb had a good game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

yabadabado wrote: »
    United deserved to win.Liverpool improved in the second half but for all their possession they didn't trouble De Gea.

They scored a goal didnt they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This thread was going so well. Don't let me down now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Nice to have a handy win with no controversy against liverpool. First half was as comfortable as against any so far this season

The result was as expected tbh!!

United are by far the better team, they didn't play well and still beat the pool.

Positives for the pool are Rodgers seems to be open to changing things up he has to be commended. Btw Sturridge could be a decent player for you.

Dcully wrote: »
    They scored a goal didnt they.

they scored the goal more so because of united not clearing the ball than Liverpool ripping them apart.Bar the goal De Gea had probably had one of his easier games all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just deleted some off topic posts. The LOI has nothing to do with this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

rossie1977 wrote: »

How do you make that out? Man Utd(39) has scored almost twice the amount of goals without RVP than Liverpool(20) has without Suarez.

Plus isn't that the whole idea of this sport? That it's a TEAM game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Are you actually being serious or are you just trolling? Even when Liverpool were on top, United came closest to scoring. 4-1 would've been fair

That close you's had to bring on an extra defender in Phil Jones ! We where muck in the first half and where much improved in the second half . 2 - 1 was better reflection of the game and it could have 2 - 2 very easily .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

naughtb4 wrote: »

Thats a good question and in that second line you demonstrated why its a very necessary feature to people who want to block out utter stupidity.

yabadabado wrote: »
    they scored the goal more so because of united not clearing the ball than Liverpool ripping them apart.Bar the goal De Gea had probably had one of his easier games all season.

But you said he wasnt troubled :)
    Liverpool scored a goal and were the better side in the second half,nobody mentioned them ripping mancs apart for the goal,the fact remains they scored a goal, just thought id correct you saying de ghea wasnt troubled.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ya have to hand it to rvp was a quality piece of forward play for the goal

anyone any stats on how many touches/shots he had today? seems like he hardly touched the ball today

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Thats a good question and in that second line you demonstrated why its a very necessary feature to people who want to block out utter stupidity.

He said Webb had a good game?

Thought it was a fair enough comment tbh.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    ya have to hand it to rvp was a quality piece of forward play for the goal

anyone any stats on how many touches/shots he had today? seems like he hardly touched the ball today

It was all about the ball for me and Agger being poor for that particular incident, it was a decent finish but the assist was better imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Vidic goal was offside. Should have been a draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Liverpool were very poor in the first half, saw the United goal coming a mile off. Made it too easy. 2nd half was a much better performance, Sturridge unlucky not to land that last shot in the top of the net. RVP is class, best buy this season. Kagawa is also a brilliant player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

The majority of his decisions went Liverpool's way today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Phew!!!

When it went 2-0 I thought we might push on and get a 3rd. Credit to Liverpool they fought back, but think the scoreline was fair reflection in the end.

GGMU!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Just deleted some off topic posts. The LOI has nothing to do with this thread.

If you could delete the ones by Utd fans as well as Liverpool fans then that'd be super!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

UNIIIIIITED!!!!

You realise you are the butt of the joke here?

Nope, hilarious.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    The majority of his decisions went Liverpool's way today.
    That's why he had a good game, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

United deserved to win. Pleased with Sturridge scoring again. Liverpool only came alive after the second goal, annoyed that it took that long

Dcully wrote: »
    But you said he wasnt troubled :)
    Liverpool scored a goal and were the better side in the second half,nobody mentioned them ripping mancs apart for the goal,the fact remains they scored a goal, just thought id correct you saying de ghea wasnt troubled.;)

Yeah, I should have worded it better.
    Pool scored a goal but for all their possession they did very little with it.United let them have the ball and to come onto them,I don't think they would do this against the better teams in the league.Was very disappointed with United in the second half ,they should have killed off the game but they were happy to let Liverpool have the ball.
    Still 3 points and didnt get out of first gear but United really need to up their game as performances like that will be punished against better teams.
    A good 65 minutes out of Vidic and should have Rooney,Nani and Anderson back soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

United fans singing "there's only one maggie thatcher".
    I don't know what else to say

Can we not discuss songs for one game? Both sides sang few cringe ones btw. Not all one way.

Come on thread is going down right way for once without having to mention few mindless individuals.

Fuhrer wrote: »

A game like that and no real contraversy what did he do wrong?

But no you carry on there everyone is against you..... and people wonder why these threads go so badly

Can we not discuss songs for one game? Both sides sang few cringe ones btw. Not all one way.

Come on thread is going down right way for once without having to mention few mindless individuals.

Agree and a boards mod dragging tone down says it all tbh this thread just hit rock bottom

Who got Sky MOM? Missed it...

• Advertisement

A few mindless individuals....!!!sounded like about 1/4 of the ground to me.

Welveck tough game to pick someone out

Agree and a boards mod dragging tone down says it all tbh this thread just hit rock bottom

I am not a mod here,I posted my opinion about something that happened during a game.This is a discussion board yes....?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If you could delete the ones by Utd fans as well as Liverpool fans then that'd be super!

Leave the moderation to the moderators, thanks.

Now the distraction of the game is over, please remember the charter. This includes backseat moderation, accusations of trolling, abuse and the update for bans associated with cards. 'Not being aware' will not be an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wellbeck.

That confused me more than some of the posts on this thread, though not many players stood out.

DARK-KNIGHT lost his phone AGAIN.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Welveck tough game to pick someone out

Cheers.

K-9 wrote: »
    Wellbeck.

That confused me more than some of the posts on this thread, though not many players stood out.

would of given it to 1 or 2 ahead of Welbeck although he did have good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Dub13 wrote: »
    United fans singing "there's only one maggie thatcher".
    I don't know what else to say

Really? Didnt hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dub13 wrote: »
    A few mindless individuals....!!!sounded like about 1/4 of the ground to me.

Saw a tweet from someone just now saying they have video evidence of Liverpool fans spitting on disabled United fans. As well as aeroplane gestures etc. But hey, it's only United fans that can be cúnts, right?

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Wellbeck.

??????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement