Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

baz2009 wrote: »
    Saw a tweet from someone just now saying they have video evidence of Liverpool fans spitting on disabled United fans. As well as aeroplane gestures etc. But hey, it's only United fans that can be cúnts, right?

A couple of rough Liverpool fans is nothing compared to 1/4 of the Utd fans singing a song like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Saw a tweet from someone just now saying they have video evidence of Liverpool fans spitting on disabled United fans. As well as aeroplane gestures etc. But hey, it's only United fans that can be cúnts, right?

Given Twitter, I'll wait to see and hear any evidence of wrong doing. Too much posting of Twitter stirring on this forum for me, match threads aren't the place for it. So many will believe a Twitter troll at the best of times, never mind reporting stuff at matches.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Really? Didnt hear that.

Considering the game ended over an hour ago, i doubt he did either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Time to go me thinks. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

To everyone still posting in this thread for the laboured, cheap digs on either side, consider doing something else with your night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dub13 wrote: »

A couple of rough Liverpool fans is nothing compared to 1/4 of the Utd fans singing a song like that.

All clubs have a bad element and things like twiter are great at showing one of a story.
    Shocking behaviour by the way if true and unprovoked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

What was the best match thread in awhile has now gone. Time to go. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

If you're going to just out and lie like this, why not make it something more interesting?

How about all United fans, and why not not something more offensive? Rarnes had a good fist of it earlier trying to suggest they were singing about Heysel, go ahead, go all out with your righteous indignation over imaginary events.

I have been in old Trafford a couple of times and it always stuck me as not a great idea to have the disabled section right below the away fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I have been in old Trafford a couple of times and it always stuck me as not a great idea to have the disabled section right below the away fans.

Utds fault then I guess.

• Advertisement

No manager interviews yet?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Utds fault then I guess.

Just a general comment.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    No manager interviews yet?

saw the Rodgers one there. Came across well tbf. I like him. No bull and what you see is what you get.

Just hope he does not turn out too good.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Oh and well done today Mars Bar

Just a general comment.

Can't find any youtube of this thatcher song online. If 1/4 of the ground were singing it seems a bit odd... did it go on for long ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Liverpool were shocking in the 1st half.until we went 2 down we had only once been dangerous going forward.utd were the better team.you cant turn up at OT for 30mins and expect to get points.BR got it wrong with hs team selection.

Move on imo

saw the Rodgers one there. Came across well tbf. I like him. No bull and what you see is what you get.

Just hope he does not turn out too good.;)

He is likeable. So is martin jol

Rodgers has alot to do to convince some people

Often we seem to play well by accident or in spite of him

Some positives as well mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

quarter of the united fans.:rolleyes:
    Some people will do anything to try and cause friction.

yabadabado wrote: »

tbh I've been at OT plenty of times and it'd be a struggle to get 1/4 of the crowd to sing Cantona/RvP songs. Still waiting on some evidence on this Thatcher one. 1/4 of the ground is 19 thousand or so. Should be plenty of footage I guess.

All I see online is some twitter whinging hearsay type stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mate of mine was at the game said he didn't hear thatcher song so 25% of Crowd singing it?? I call waffle!!!

He did see both sets of fans at some stage winding up with disgusting spngs re hills borough and Munich..

Bad people everywhere.. Just a good thing most of us are human and don't have that nasty streak

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

If you ignore the first half performance and forget their 2 goals, we were arguably the better side

If you ignore the first half performance and forget their 2 goals, we were arguably the better side
    :confused:

If you have to ignore reality to make your point it probably has little enough value I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Brilliant, Sunderland are top of the league. That's if you ignore the fact we're 30 points behind Manchester United and in 14th place.

@PierreSports: #Liverpool fans today were a disgrace - aeroplane gestures, abusing Evra and spitting at the disabled United fans. I have video evidence.”
    @PierreSports: Manchester United supporters were amazing today. Truly class - Your players should be proud to play for you. #MUFC #StretfordEnd”

When asked to produce the video evidence all he will do is RT.He is suspended from twitter now for tweeting #96wasnotenough to LFC fans.

Hardly a good source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mate of mine was at the game said he didn't hear thatcher song so 25% of Crowd singing it?? I call waffle!!!

He did see both sets of fans at some stage winding up with disgusting spngs re hills borough and Munich..

Bad people everywhere.. Just a good thing most of us are human and don't have that nasty streak

There were no Munich songs and I heard no Hillsborugh songs either to be fair.

@PierreSports: #Liverpool fans today were a disgrace - aeroplane gestures, abusing Evra and spitting at the disabled United fans. I have video evidence.”
    @PierreSports: Manchester United supporters were amazing today. Truly class - Your players should be proud to play for you. #MUFC #StretfordEnd”

When asked to produce the video evidence all he will do is RT.He is suspended from twitter now for tweeting #96wasnotenough to LFC fans.

Hardly a good source.

BOOM.

psychopathic behaviour if he was making it up.

tedjh.jpg

Hardly a good source.
    Where's your source that a 1/4 of the united fans sang that Thatcher song or is that just a figure you plucked from thin air?

• Advertisement

Where's your source that a 1/4 of the united fans sang that Thatcher song or is that just a figure you plucked from thin air?

It was loud enough for me to hear on the tv and mates who were at the game also quite clearly heard it.

It was loud enough for me to hear on the tv and mates who were at the game also quite clearly heard it.

fair play to them to know it was 1/4 of the united fans.

Funny that you're the only one who mentioned hearing it:rolleyes:

Hardly a good source.

Really, you're getting all high and mighty on him about publicly claiming something he couldnt back up and was probably a lie...

Ah, Irony.

You heard it on tv. Jesus. Hearsay is a kind of evidence I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hardly a good source.

My bad so on the spitting. Munich songs and aeroplanes reported by dozens, though.

Bollocks, I couldn't hear any form of a "There's only one..." song being sung?

• Advertisement

One thing I enjoyed from a Liverpool perspective was the flares and smoke yolks. Love seeing them.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Really, you're getting all high and mighty on him about publicly claiming something he couldnt back up and was probably a lie...

Ah, Irony.

Anybody listening carefully to the TV would have heard the same thing,yes the number can be disputed.But the stuff that clown @PierreSports was tweeting most definitely needs backing up.

Anybody listening carefully to the TV would have heard the same thing,yes the number can be disputed.But the stuff that clown @PierreSports was tweeting most definitely needs backing up.

Nobody mentioned the chants during the game here and i think most had the volume on while watching

I was listening carefully I heard none of it, infact the only people that seemed to have heard it is you and your "mates"

Nobody mentioned the chants during the game here and i think most had the volume on while watching

maybe if you're not familiar with the chants then it may have not been clear to you, but i think they were to many watching the game. to me in anyways.

• Advertisement

I have the game recorded. Can you give me the time roughly and I can listen back (to within 5 minutes would be grand). Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

you could clearly hear it on the T.V. and sounded like a considerable amout were signing it as it was the most audible chant all day

One thing I enjoyed from a Liverpool perspective was the flares and smoke yolks. Love seeing them.

Love to see the use of Pyrotechnics at games.

34sqw08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    you could clearly hear it on the T.V. and sounded like a considerable amout were signing it as it was the most audible chant all day

Most audible one i heard from United "fans" was we won it 3 times with out killing anyone

Leiva wrote: »
    bullshít they were as clear as day and i think some people are either deliberately trolling or ignorant

Just tell me when it happened lad and I will listen back. Pretty easy, eh.

:rolleyes:
    Of course the number can be disputed because your talking crap.You said a 1/4 of the fans and you were able to know this by watching on TV.If you said some or even a few fans ,your post wouldn't have been so ridiculous.
    You are no better than that PierreSports dude.Making up ****e to suit your own agenda.Thought a mod would know better.

Leiva wrote: »
    bullshít they were as clear as day and i think some people are either deliberately trolling or ignorant

I genuinely did not hear any variation of that song. Any YouTube(doubtful this soon after the game) videos or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I have the game recorded. Can you give me the time roughly and I can listen back (to within 5 minutes would be grand). Thanks :)

I havent the game recorded but I think it might have been around the 20 or 30 min mark but could be wrong as i dont have it recorded here

:rolleyes:
    Of course the number can be disputed because your talking crap.You said a 1/4 of the fans and you were able to know this by watching on TV.If you said some or even a few fans ,your post wouldn't have been so ridiculous.
    You are no better than that PierreSports dude.Making up ****e to suit your own agenda.Thought a mod would know better.

Yea right,me getting a number wrong is the same as some lad making up stuff about a disabled person getting spit on.

I also said it 'sounded like' 1/4 of the fans were singing it.Ether way a lot were singing it.

Yea right,me getting a number wrong is the same as some lad making up stuff about a disabled person getting spit on.

I also said it 'sounded like' 1/4 of the fans were singing it.Ether way a lot were singing it.

:o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement