Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yea right,me getting a number wrong is the same as some lad making up stuff about a disabled person getting spit on.

I also said it 'sounded like' 1/4 of the fans were singing it.Ether way a lot were singing it.

Is redzer correct, between 20 & 30 min mark or... ? Will watch back in a few min and would prefer not to watch the whole thing despite the result :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Is redzer correct, between 20 & 30 min mark or... ? Will watch back in a few min and would prefer not to watch the whole thing despite the result :)

Sounds about right but cant be sure of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd fans must be the only ones singing inappropriate songs in the league.

Fair play to those Liverpool supporters for picking it up on their tvs. I feel safe in the knowledge that, God forbid, if this were some how spread to other clubs, as unlikely as it is, we will have those trained ears to the telly ready to report on the events.

The Hysel song was clearly heard first half. One of the loudest chants of the first half.

Goes to show you have far Utd have moved from there working class background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Who gives a fcuk about Maggie Thatcher?!

I love all these little victories people have to have. I don't see these Liverpool fans condemning the whole away section singing who's that dying on the runway at OT. Same at the SoS Liverpool Supporters club singing songs about Munich.

Both clubs have fans that can be cnuts. Both teams hate each other. Some of the songs are awful.

Get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yea right,me getting a number wrong is the same as some lad making up stuff about a disabled person getting spit on.

I also said it 'sounded like' 1/4 of the fans were singing it.Ether way a lot were singing it.
    A couple of rough Liverpool fans is nothing compared to 1/4 of the Utd fans singing a song like that.

admit you have no idea how many were singing that song and you also have no proof/source that it was even sung.You made a figure up just like that lad seems to have made up ****e about Liverpool supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm not on this forum as much these days but decided to have a gander at the match thread. Click on the last page and nothing useful bar the usual ****e after these big games. For Christ sake who really gives a toss about chants, whatever they may be?!

please explain?

• Advertisement

What does ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyway the match............................

Good win for United. Liverpool can take positives etc.................

Who gives a fcuk about Maggie Thatcher?!

I love all these little victories people have to have. I don't see these Liverpool fans condemning the whole away section singing who's that dying on the runway at OT. Same at the SoS Liverpool Supporters club singing songs about Munich.

Both clubs have fans that can be cnuts. Both teams hate each other. Some of the songs are awful.

Get over it!

That's clearly a lie.

yabadabado wrote: »
    please explain?

Do I need to give you an A,B,C on politics...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pretty sure I just read the exact same thing on Twitter.

You can be certain the chants were going on both sides. I don't understand how any one can act surprised when they hear them...

maybe an A, B, C on providing evidence to back up your statements though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

The level of whataboutery is always incredible in these threads. One anonymous source said x, another said y and on and on. Can you all just not admit both sides have a section of horrible, nasty scumbags who claim to be supporters and get on with your lives?

n32 wrote: »
    ask a juventus fan who lost a loved one at heysel what he thinks about united fans singing about liverpool fans and their ''actions'' that night .

Classy.

Ah right, it was done for Juventus fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was at Barnsley vs Leeds yesterday and there were anti-irish chants along with "Paddy Kenny where's your wife" and "Jimmy Saville is your dad, you're all paedos". This is from someone who was in the players area and supporting Barnsley in the game. The Leeds fans were just as bad from what I could hear at the other end. I'm sure it's the same at most grounds. Offensive chanting is only done by United fans though I hear in here. I was wondering what would have happened if Paddy Kenny had walked off yesterday because of the personal chanting but apparently all chants are fine as long as they don't deal with tragedies or racism...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

rarnes1 wrote: »

That's clearly a lie.
    What's a lie?

Liam O wrote: »
    I was at Barnsley vs Leeds yesterday and there were anti-irish chants along with "Paddy Kenny where's your wife" and "Jimmy Saville is your dad, you're all paedos". This is from someone who was in the players area and supporting Barnsley in the game. The Leeds fans were just as bad from what I could hear at the other end. I'm sure it's the same at most grounds. Offensive chanting is only done by United fans though I hear in here. I was wondering what would have happened if Paddy Kenny had walked off yesterday because of the personal chanting but apparently all chants are fine as long as they don't deal with tragedies or racism...

Person talking sense.

Finally....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Speaking of A,B,Cs, it's their not there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Who said I was surprised they were sang...?I was surprised they were sang by a large number of Utd fans*

I was surprised that particular chant was sung by fans of a club with a strong working class background.

*less than 1/4

You'll have your minority who won't understand that and will have tunnel vision in such an environment. Unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I liked the part where United won the match in the sense that they got all 3 points by scoring more goals than the opposition but the opposition fans like to make points irrelevant to this and argue the win's credibility. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Just home from the pub and with a sad realisation. I'm glad we came away with a 2-1 loss. Not humiliated. Lot to build on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Relevance?

United are owned by rich Americans relying on a world-wide fan-base to buy overpriced merchandise and match tickets. Sound familiar? If they were singing it it was because it obviously has a wind-up effect on certain Liverpool fans - something you just proved.

None for this match and therefore this thread.

Just wanted to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

saw the Rodgers one there. Came across well tbf. I like him. No bull and what you see is what you get.
    Ahem....
    "We're 24 points behind United - but we're not 24 points behind quality "

Brentan Rodgers strikes again.
    Anyway the match............................

Good win for United. Liverpool can take positives etc.................

No, no, no. Liverpool lost so we must discuss crowd chanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Apparently there's now a quality lge according brenda
    "we may be 24pts behind in the lge but we are not 24 pts behind in quality"
    Top of the quality lge
    Top of the passing lge
    Is there no end to the Scousers talents ...

But if I went into the Man U superthread and posting it lads would be reporting it as trolling.So as it happened in this game its the best thread IMO to post it in.

There's a third option. Don't post it at all. It's petty, small-time and more than a little cringey to go down the "we didn't win the match but their lads sang naughty chants" route.

Like I said above - their reasons for singing it are to wind up opposing fans like you. Unless you genuinely believe a quarter of the stadium decided to announce the alignment of their political allegiance to Thatcher? Is that what you actually believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fuhrer wrote: »
    And yet here we sit still without any proof that 1/4 of the United Fans did it.

Funny that youd know you wouldnt get away with posting it in the superthread but can get away with it here, almost as if you know its unsubstantiated horse****

Precisely when in doubt throw **** about :) well dub13 I commend you!!!

Btw up Wicklow :D

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    ..no that they decided to chant and slag off the dead of Hillsborough!

Don't tell me you can't make the connection.

Thats it,they ether really really love Thatcher or it was a dig at Hillsborough by a large part of the Utd fans on the day.*

Ether way it goes to show how far Utd's fanbase has moved away from there working class background.

*less than 1/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So Liverpool won the offensive chanting, lost the actual match but ........ Who won the passing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Yeah but 9/10 of the Liverpool supporters at old trafford were shouting Heil Hitler and throwing rocks at children.
    I mean, I dont have any actual proof that any of this happened but I said it did so its not in dispute.
    You see why its a problem for Dub13 to come in here and post this thrash?

Its not like your club doesn't have from though , Over the last couple of seasons your allocation has been cut for Anfield and the last time yous came Alex Ferguson actually wrote out a letter to ask your fans to behave themselves . To me thats pretty embarrassing .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19681043

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Ah here lads leave the politics at the door. It was exactly what you want from a derby game. Some banter in the pub I was in. It's a Liverpool supporters club. Me and another poster here nearly got glassed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

IMG]

Jeez Kew I had you down as better.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ah here lads leave the politics at the door. It was exactly what you want from a derby game. Some banter in the pub I was in. It's a Liverpool supporters club. Me and another poster here nearly got glassed

Sweet that means its 1-1 on the moral victory scoreline now.

Leiva wrote: »
    ..no that they decided to chant and slag off the dead of Hillsborough!

Don't tell me you can't make the connection.

Wondered when the Hillsborough card would be played.

Another Liverpool loss to United, another Hillsborough discussion.

Not sure what those poor families had in mind when they set up the JFT96 campaign but I'm fairly sure it wasn't for future Liverpool fans to score points in online forums against United fans after their team loses. Looking for the moral victory eh? How many points does that get you?

Wondered when the Hillsborough card would be played.

Another Liverpool loss to United, another Hillsborough discussion.

Not sure what those poor families had in mind when they set up the JFT96 campaign but I'm fairly sure it wasn't for future Liverpool fans to score points in online forums against United fans after their team loses.

You're just not educated in the matter. And pretty low place to go to score a few thanks with your last paragraph I must say.bravo

beside I'm tired of this and only replied to the denial of anything been sung when it was as clear as day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Right, the song topic ends here. Some posts deleted. Next person to talk about it is banned for a week. Anything else that isn't discussing the match may see this thread closed.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Right, the song topic ends here. Some posts deleted. Next person to talk about it is banned for a week. Anything else that isn't discussing the match may see this thread closed.

Thank you dfx.

If I could thank twice I would.

What's peoples opinions on Skrtel non red Vs Kompany red, for those who have seen the latter?

Can I just say what a legend Robin Van Persie is.

If I was gay then I sooooooooooooooo would:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Can I just say what a legend Robin Van Persie is.

If I was gay then I sooooooooooooooo would:D

He probably wouldnt back though...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    What's peoples opinions on Skrtel non red Vs Kompany red, for those who have seen the latter?

Missed Kompanys. what happened?

Timmyctc wrote: »

Skrtle's was not a red IMO - ball was running through, no goal-scoring opportunity as the laws typically require.

Kompany's was a lunge and rightly a red IMO though the question of whether it was two-footed or not is less-clear. Both feet leave the ground but one foot led the other in the tackle.

City are appealing Kompany's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

about time.
    A poster got banned for far less earlier today.

Missed Kompanys. what happened?

Was apparently out of control 2 footed etc. But he looked in perfect control. Wilshire sprang back up on his feet after too, but Kompany even bent his high leg back to make sure he was attacking the ball with only one foot. Looked very harsh imo.

Why?

It's the match thread and disgusting chants got sang at it.

I just hope the regular guys from this forum that travelled to the game (from both sides) bring back the evidence of what we heard.

Then we will see who is "pulling the Hillsborough card"

He probably wouldnt back though...

Your in for it now Fuher.

42672.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement