Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Skrtle's was not a red IMO - ball was running through, no goal-scoring opportunity as the laws typically require.

Kompany's was a lunge and rightly a red IMO though the question of whether it was two-footed or not is less-clear. Both feet leave the ground but one foot led the other in the tackle.

City are appealing Kompany's.

Eh, really?

the ball was dropping right to his feet and he would have been facing straight on at the goal at a decent angle, how is that not a goal scoring opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Skrtle's was not a red IMO - ball was running through, no goal-scoring opportunity as the laws typically require.
    Kompany's was a lunge and rightly a red IMO though the question of whether it was two-footed or not is less-clear. Both feet leave the ground but one foot led the other in the tackle.
    City are appealing Kompany's.

On first look Kompany's was a red card from the angle of the camera but when they showed it from behind it was a yellow card at most .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wondered when the Hillsborough card would be played.

Another Liverpool loss to United, another Hillsborough discussion.

Not sure what those poor families had in mind when they set up the JFT96 campaign but I'm fairly sure it wasn't for future Liverpool fans to score points in online forums against United fans after their team loses. Looking for the moral victory eh? How many points does that get you?

I tell you what the match threads are a great way of weaning them out:pac:

Whoever thanked that ^^^^

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Eh, really?

the ball was dropping right to his feet and he would have been facing straight on at the goal at a decent angle, how is that not a goal scoring opportunity?

As I said I think the ball was always running through to Reina.
    Leiva wrote: »
    I tell you what the match threads are a great way of weaning them out

Whoever thanked that ^^^^

Why are you persisting? It's like you're yearning to be offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wondered when the Hillsborough card would be played.

Another Liverpool loss to United, another Hillsborough discussion.

Not sure what those poor families had in mind when they set up the JFT96 campaign but I'm fairly sure it wasn't for future Liverpool fans to score points in online forums against United fans after their team loses. Looking for the moral victory eh? How many points does that get you?

That needed saying. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jeez Kew I had you down as better.

and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

What needed saying?

Will you apologise if the evidence of the Hillsborough reference is produced?

Doubt it !

You're embarrassing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Will you apologise if the evidence of the Hillsborough reference is produced?

Produce the evidence before going on a morally high horse rant then.

Will you apologise if no evidence is produced?

Thought not.

I just wish I was off tomorrow. Love a celebration pint or 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Remember those brief few seconds where the topic went back onto football... I liked those :)

• Advertisement

Anyone got gif of RVP backheel? Missed that with my dodge laptop stream.

Yep

What might I be apologising for exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

for a few brief moments I thought this thread might go back on topic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ladies and gentlemen, Leiva is now banned for a while, please do not reply to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

United the better team today. Liverpool did relatively well the second half but created **** all apart from their goal.

The ref was grand. Skrtel yellow was correct, Johnson may have been sent off but meh, it was a fair decision. Great win, 6 points off Liverpool. We're going to win the league.

Eidt: Only read -dfx's comment there. Apologies for talking about the singing again.

dfx- wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, Leiva is now banned for a while, please do not reply to him.
    orly :D

:D

:pac:

shortest ban ever:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Mod lag :p

I think only this mans option should count from now on:D

PHOTO_13273973_173471_29859341_ap_320X240.jpg

• Advertisement

any word on Vidic?He went straight down the tunnel when subbed.hopefully just a precaution.

yabadabado wrote: »
    any word on Vidic?He went straight down the tunnel when subbed.hopefully just a precaution.

Fingers crossed. Be such a pity to ruin a good result.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ah here lads leave the politics at the door. It was exactly what you want from a derby game. Some banter in the pub I was in. It's a Liverpool supporters club. Me and another poster here nearly got glassed

That was gas. Some people are cray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Alls well that ends well!!!

RVP IS A GIFT FROM GOD :)

I honestly can see us premier league champs this year.. Back where we deserve to be!!

And carrick is a general!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I just wish I was off tomorrow. Love a celebration pint or 20.

If it was Saturday id be breaking my non-drinking in 2013 so far and be well on the way already.

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh robin van persieeeee

If it was Saturday id be breaking my non-drinking in 2013 so far and be well on the way already.

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh robin van persieeeee

I've had a skinful. It feels good. RVP is great. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That was gas. Some people are cray.
    What an idiot, sitting at the bar sipping his dilutable orange. Sporting a typical Scouse shell suit.

"That should be an orange card". LoL

Welbeck MOTM? Seems legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jose enrique sanchez ‏@jose3enrique3
    Vidic goal in offside.....

Was goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

wa wa wa I'd hate to be a Liverpool fan today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was goal?

Redknapp the idiot tried to say it was offside then stuck a line along the still image of Evra & Vidic to prove his point,all it proved was that they were level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Dunno why people in here were surprised with Welbeck getting MOM, I thought he was marginally our best player and called him to get MOM a few mins before he got it.

The only thing missing from his performance was a goal, but he brought so much to the team with his link up play, pressing and general work rate. Great decision from Ferguson to start him.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Redknapp the idiot tried to say it was offside then stuck a line along the still image of Evra & Vidic to prove his point,all it proved was that they were level.

Funny how Redknapp wasn't as vociferous over the Wisdom push on Kagawa. That was 'technically' a penalty.

You could tell he was hot under the collar after the match, really hurting. He exploded in a similar manner in this fixture last season, Rio got a knick on the ball when he was last man to stop Suarez getting onto it. It was clearly fine defending yet Jamie somehow managed to convince himself after several replays that it was a foul and a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Blatter wrote: »
    Dunno why people in here or the match thread were surprised with Welbeck getting MOM, I thought he was marginally best player and called him to get MOM a few mins before he got it.

The only thing missing from his performance was a goal, but he brought so much to the team with his link up play, pressing and general work rate. Great decision from Ferguson to start him.

Some fantastic interplay between him, Kagawa and Clev. Refreshing to see the three of them constantly on the move looking for space and actively seeking the ball, makes a big difference from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Funny how Redknapp wasn't as vociferous over the Wisdom push on Kagawa. That was 'technically' a penalty.

You could tell he was hot under the collar after the match, really hurting. He exploded in a similar manner in this fixture last season, Rio got a knick on the ball when he was last man to stop Suarez getting onto it. It was clearly fine defending yet Jamie somehow managed to convince himself after several replays that it was a foul and a red card.

Here's the 'offside',would love to see another line from Evra's arm across Vidic's foot.Looks level to me.

article-2261696-16E981AA000005DC-952_634x464.jpg

I thought Welbeck looked out of ideas when he got into a threatening position. He linked with others fairly well but he didn't capitalise on some good possession. He can be too indirect and too afraid to shoot at times. I'd have had Hernandez on instead of him from 70 mins onwards, to try to stretch the defence on the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Here's the 'offside',would love to see another line from Evra's arm across Vidic's foot.Looks level to me.

what about when the ball was struck?

syngindub wrote: »
    what about when the ball was struck?

:eek:
    not sure if serious.

Offside would be from where the ball is though. Also arms don't count in offside I think "If you can score with it, it's offside" the old saying. That being said. Inches in it. Completely understand the linesman missing it. Liverpool should have had at very very least one man sent off anyways so I guess it worked itself out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd have had Hernandez on instead of him from 70 mins onwards, to try to stretch the defence on the counter.

I'd say that would have been the plan if Young and Vidic didn't have to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

:eek:
    not sure if serious.
    oh, is vidic offside ? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Offside would be from where the ball is though. Also arms don't count in offside I think "If you can score with it, it's offside" the old saying. That being said. Inches in it. Completely understand the linesman missing it. Liverpool should have had at very very least one man sent off anyways so I guess it worked itself out.

It is offside as his leg is ahead of the ball (doesn't matter where any of Evra's body is in this equation). However, it would be a miracle if the officials were able to tell and give it (which they clearly didn't). It is one of those offsides that are one of those things with no one to blame really. I don't particularly see any Liverpool fans giving out about it anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Raw_Eve%25281%2529.jpg

16230240.jpg

16230264.jpg

16230276.jpg

16230288.jpg

16230312.jpg

5starpool wrote: »
    It is offside as his leg is ahead of the ball (doesn't matter where any of Evra's body is in this equation). However, it would be a miracle if the officials were able to tell and give it (which they clearly didn't). It is one of those offsides that are one of those things with no one to blame really. I don't particularly see any Liverpool fans giving out about it anyhow.

..Umm.. Yeah that's what I was saying :p Offside 'cause the ball is behind Vidic (by like 4 inches) when Evra heads it. Yeah tbh I think at least some LFC fans were grateful Skrtel didn't get sent off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Redknapp actually said wisdom got away with one with kagawa.but hey ho dont let the truth get in the way of a good story

Selective hearing

sfwcork wrote: »
    Redknapp actually said wisdom got away with one with kagawa.but hey ho dont let the truth get in the way of a good story

Selective hearing

I know he did. What I said is that he wasn't as vociferous about it as he was with the 'offside' goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's probably offside but it's so marginal. I actually thought Evra put it in directly and it was the 2nd or 3rd replay before I noticed it was Vidic. Very tough one for the linesman to call.

gotta love this guy.Best striker in the league,fairly quiet today but scored one and had a big part to play in the second.

159404364.jpg

sfwcork wrote: »

Selective hearing

He said Redknapp wasn't as vociferous - not that Redknapp didn't say it at all. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Selective reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

United won ^ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

gotta love this guy.Best striker in the league,fairly quiet today but scored one and had a big part to play in the second.

159404364.jpg

He showed today the difference between a world class striker and a decent one on a purple patch

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Nope not atall,

ok :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement