Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

1282930313234»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You can tell by the sniping from United fans how much this win mean. Being where we are now is obviously disappointing but it's nice to know we are still important and I suppose being the most successful team in English history will always have those clubs below us enjoying a victory against us.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You can tell by the sniping from United fans how much this win mean. Being where we are now is obviously disappointing but it's nice to know we are still important and I suppose being the most successful team in English history will always have those clubs below us enjoying a victory against us.

I'd bet even you couldn't keep a straight face typing that cringey bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

True story, no matter how irrelevant Liverpool become, it will always be a big game. That's a fact, a win for United against Liverpool will always be celebrated.

I hope it never changes.

24 points. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Is Mary here? ;)

Anyway...2:0 was offside, the flares after the 2:1 were gorgeous and I hate football.

Good night :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I suppose being the most successful team in English history will always have those clubs below us enjoying a victory against us.

Wrong.

Unlucky.:) 60-59 to United

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd bet even you couldn't keep a straight face typing that cringey bollocks.

Just because that's my reaction reading your posts does not mean it's the same for my own.

True story, no matter how irrelevant Liverpool become, it will always be a big game. That's a fact, a win for United against Liverpool will always be celebrated.

I hope it never changes.

24 points. :)

I agree. I doubt United won't over-take us as the most successful club in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

He showed today the difference between a world class striker and a decent one on a purple patch
    I think you need to improve your attempts at subtlety.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The last couple of pages have been tough reading. Step back for a few minutes and think about what ye're posting.

EDIT: I've deleted a few posts that were bringing the thread down. Defeat or victory, fans from both sides have been less than gracious, which is a shame coz the thread was fairly alright throughout the game.

I'm opening this again now that we've all had a break from it but one hint of trolling and it's cards and closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

darced wrote: »
    LOL.
    Do you remember Saurez and Sturridge coming up through the ranks with Liverpool.Bitter much.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Fairly comfortable for Utd today, 'pool never played till they got the goal back, could have been 3 or 4 ahead prior to that. Kept the tension up till the end at least, but utd never had to press or play at their best to win this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not that it affected the game but the pitch at old trafford is looking a bit ****e, when was it last relayed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

such a daft point but whatever helps you sleep tonight i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Your team has just bought Daniel Sturridge and you're talking down to United fans about sloppy seconds?

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Oh good god...

Sloppy seconds?? Really?? Ask arsenal fans is RVP sloppy seconds..

Best player in the league by far...

UNIIIITED

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This thread is so full of cringe, from both sides! Be proud :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yakult wrote: »

well my team has more cringe than yours....oh wait, i mean, ah ffs

I think it's great to see united beating mid table clubs comfortably with out actually trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

J. Marston wrote: »
    Your team has just bought Daniel Sturridge and you're talking down to United fans about sloppy seconds?

Seriously?

Owned.

Chelsea reject.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thread should've stayed locked tbh, makes for funny reading though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Speak for yourself, I never hated RvP, always admired an awful lot actually. Was one of my favorite players outside of United.
    I mean can you ever enjoy a victory over arsenal anymore knowing you took their best player?

Trust me, it makes it sweeter.
    What if Suarez signs for you next year are you all going to want to sleep with him by christmas too.

He won't.

Why would United fans hate Van Persie in the past? I for one have never said anything other than him being a top player.

You have the same outrage with City fans over Tevez?

You have the most one sided delusional points.

WE signed a player who wanted to join us to win things. To play for a top side. You signed a player who couldn't get in the side ahead of Fernando Torres with no other competition. A reject. Fair play.

I'd rather lose a leg than sign Suarez but that's just me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I see we won the Passing & Possession...!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yakult wrote: »

Yeah i cant believe the amount of ****e being spewed from both sets of fans, everyone is just looking to get a rise of other people, gas reading thoigh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've never hated Van Persie. He played for a rival team, yeah, but he never gave me much of a reason to hate him or even mildly dislike him.

Can I enjoy a victory over Arsenal? Erm....yeah.

Suarez? He's a just diving racist for the time being but if he ever joins United then I may see him as the lovable scamp that 'Pool fans do.

(Not likely...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Statistically you mean obviously, Liverpool have 41 major trophies (8 of them are the league cup though tbf)

United have 40 right now.... (with half the amount of minor domestic trophies)

Enjoy having that 1 trophy advantage as long as you can man.

What else will you have to hold on to in defeat when its gone? Not much less then what you have now in all honesty......

the mind boggles .You must be on a wind up.
    By your logic ,you must hate that Liverpool bought Joe Allen considering Swansea would be rivals of Liverpools now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Man United were very poor today, particularly in the second half. I can see them really struggling against Real Madrid. There midfield is particular weak in comparison to other top European teams. Todays result is nothing to celebrate.

Man United were very poor today, particularly in the second half. I can see them really struggling against Real Madrid. There midfield is particular weak in comparison to other top European teams. Todays result is nothing to celebrate.

very poor but still good enough to beat middle table teams without getting out of first gear.Real will beat the living crap out of United,without a doubt.
    3 points is always something to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

zerks wrote: »
    Here's the 'offside',would love to see another line from Evra's arm across Vidic's foot.Looks level to me.

article-2261696-16E981AA000005DC-952_634x464.jpg

What does it matter where Evra's arm is? The two of them are behind the last Liverpool defender so if Vidic is ahead of the ball he is offside. And he was offside.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I see we won the Passing & Possession...!!!

Now there's a reason not to be too upset..

Why would we blindly HATE rival players? Am I supposed to hate the entire Arsenal team now? Bacary Sagna to Giroud? Baffling logic. Van Persie never caused United too much trouble in the past tbh or done anything to upset us fans so why would we hate him?

We offered Tevez a contract which he declined. Get your facts right please.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And we are done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement