Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

yesno1234 wrote: »
    What's the max bet do you know?

Probably a tenner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

When was the last time we scored against United with a long ball into the box?
    Last February at Old Trafford.

Any chance Fergie might have a brainfart and play Vidic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sturridge could cause United more problems than people realise. Should allow Suarez to play between the lines and cause United endless problems from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Note the accuracy stat. Long passes do not = hoofball.

Newcastle, statistically the most hoofed ball team in the league, Feeding Ba and Cisse directly no doubt.

Exactly the point i was making :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Any chance Fergie might have a brainfart and play Vidic?

I'd say there's every chance. I hope he doesn't but Fergie just said that he will rotate CBs for the rest of the season. Hard to know what the rotation will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2-1 to Utd I think

slingerz wrote: »
    Sturridge could cause United more problems than people realise. Should allow Suarez to play between the lines and cause United endless problems from there

The last time Sturridge played United in a meaningful match he took shots from 30-40 yards into the stands and missed an open goal. Sure, he may do well but he hasn't shown much against us in the past.

I'd say there's every chance. I hope he doesn't but Fergie just said that he will rotate CBs for the rest of the season. Hard to know what the rotation will be.

He looks poor since he came back.

He wouldn't be the best choice against Suarez but I hope he plays :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Likewise as a United fan I'd hope to see Lucas in the team.

90% sure Vidic won't start btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

No ones doubting that but it's his fitness which is the concern, he's played very little football this season. Were he fully fit I'd expect him to start.

Blatter wrote: »
    Likewise as a United fan I'd hope to see Lucas in the team.

90% sure Vidic won't start btw.

I hope Lucas is in the team too and has plenty of help in a packed midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Not sure probably a deuce but there's plenty of paddy powers

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's in the shops January sale special

Might as well be in Outer Mongolia given the likelyhood of me going to an actual bookies to put on a bet. :pac:

If ya got 2k on them the lay 2300 on betfair @1.95 you make 300 either way easy money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Liverpool will play Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Wisdon Lucas, Allen and Gerrard in midfield, front three of Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez

I hope Lucas is in the team too and has plenty of help in a packed midfield.

He's looked a good bit off the pace since returning though, not sure he's up to starting on Sunday. I'd say there's a good chance Rodgers will go with Allen, Gerrard and Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He has started 2 games and got 20 odd minutes against Sunderland since he came back way too soon to judge him.This game has probably came a few gamess too soon for him ,delighted SAF is easing him in slowly and would hope by the end of the month he is back to his best.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

When Liverpool are doing poorly they always beat us, 2-3 to Liverpool.

If ya got 2k on them the lay 2300 on betfair @1.95 you make 300 either way easy money

Yep that's why there's always a max bet on these types of specials. Any half decent bettor would rape the bookies otherwise.

• Advertisement

Liverpool will play Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Wisdon Lucas, Allen and Gerrard in midfield, front three of Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez

Link?

Highly unlikely Sturridge will start.

Very good chance Henderson will start.

Blatter wrote: »
    Yep that's why there's always a max bet on these types of specials. Any half decent bettor would rape the bookies otherwise.

True but at the current price there's value in United. At 6/4 that's value which just can't be left alone. If there was a decent max bet on it it'd be worth a few trips around.

True but at the current price there's value in United. At 6/4 that's value which just can't be left alone. If there was a decent max bet on it it'd be worth a few trips around.

It will be at least 200 you would have no trouble you and a couple of mates getting plenty of dough on round dublin .

It will be at least 200 you would have no trouble you and a couple of mates getting plenty of dough on round dublin .

200 really? Was expecting 20 myself. Not in Dublin, only 2 in PP in my town but if it was 200 that'd be unreal. Dundalk on until after 9 so I presume they'll be open until 7 at least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Supposed to be a chance of snow at the weekend, hopefully it won't **** up any flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

For Liverpool to cause damage to Utd's defence I think their best hope is play it in behind Evra.
    I'd imagine Young & Evra will try and exploit Wisdom, that's what I'd do anyhow. If Liverpool can break up the play when Evra has motored forward, quick ball into where he would be defensively could see trouble for Utd.

3-1 Utd, 2 for RVP and a defender to get the other
    Suarez to score for Lverpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Supposed to be a chance of snow at the weekend, hopefully it won't **** up any flights.

More importantly, hope it doesn't affect the match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

:confused::confused::confused::confused: where? not one goal came from decent slick passing. everything was basic basic defending which United failed to do.

the only decent goal from a United point of view, was Gerrads goal in September, but even at that Ferdinand should have cleared the initial ball into the box.

And here it is, Liverpool never play teams off the pitch, or if they win a game against another big team it is because that team never turned up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It will be €12.50 knowing Paddy Power

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

And here it is, Liverpool never play teams off the pitch, or if they win a game against another big team it is because that team never turned up

Liverpool played Man City off the park earlier in the season and got feck all for their efforts thanks to Skrtel going asleep for 2 seconds.

In my book you can play a team off the park without scoring,to me playing a team off the park is dominating possession and out passing the opposition.

Beating a team is a different story altogether :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Completely raging I missed the special in PP earlier. I'll be keeping a close eye tomorrow to see if it crops up again.

In real odds, United are ridiculous value at Evens. They have won the last 4 meetings between the sides at Old Trafford, and go into the game in decent form. It's quite baffling how short Liverpool are at times such as the 4/5 at home to Arsenal earlier in the season.

In comparison to this game, United were 4/6 to beat Arsenal in OT earlier in the season. They were 8/11 to beat Spurs. Liverpool are worse than those sides, so how can United be a bigger price to win? Against a team on around Liverpool's level this year, Stoke, United were close to 1/3. And you can be sure they will be a lot shorter than Evs to beat Everton next month. Again, makes no sense.

You can talk about form going out the window for these ties, but 4 wins in a row doesn't reflect that. Of course this game could easily go the other way but the United chances to win are certainly better than the 50% bookies are saying. The 4/6 the bookies opened them up at looks like the right price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Completely raging I missed the special in PP earlier. I'll be keeping a close eye tomorrow to see if it crops up again.

In real odds, United are ridiculous value at Evens. They have won the last 4 meetings between the sides at Old Trafford, and go into the game in decent form. It's quite baffling how short Liverpool are at times such as the 4/5 at home to Arsenal earlier in the season.

In comparison to this game, United were 4/6 to beat Arsenal in OT earlier in the season. They were 8/11 to beat Spurs. Liverpool are worse than those sides, so how can United be a bigger price to win? Against a team on around Liverpool's level this year, Stoke, United were close to 1/3. And you can be sure they will be a lot shorter than Evs to beat Everton next month. Again, makes no sense.

You can talk about form going out the window for these ties, but 4 wins in a row doesn't reflect that. Of course this game could easily go the other way but the United chances to win are certainly better than the 50% bookies are saying. The 4/6 the bookies opened them up at looks like the right price

Liverpool are generally always a shorter price than they should be because of the amount of money that comes in for them from the Asian market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Paully D wrote: »
    Liverpool are generally always a shorter price than they should be because of the amount of money that comes in for them from the Asian market.

True. I was advised by a couple of sharps to lay them in every game they play over a season as they are always a couple of prices shorter than they should be. I'm doing it this season and am up a very decent amount. They aren't this bad usually obviously but apparently that system has returned a nice profit for the last 4 seasons running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    True. I was advised by a couple of sharps to lay them in every game they play over a season as they are always a couple of prices shorter than they should be. I'm doing it this season and am up a very decent amount. They aren't this bad usually obviously but apparently that system has returned a nice profit for the last 4 seasons running

now theres a man talking sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Quandary wrote: »
    Based on form logic would suggest a Utd win of some sort but logic goes out the window in these fixtures :)

WORD. I'll take any class of a win for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

hope its 1-0 to liverpool from a reina long punt up the field that suarez punches into the net

perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hope we destroy em. Cmon United

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Ha ha good craic this thread. Its like a preview of my sitting room on matchday, all the bickering and jibes.
    Cmon ManU, 3-1 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BASHIR wrote: »
    Ha ha good craic this thread. Its like a preview of my sitting room on matchday, all the bickering and jibes.
    Cmon ManU, 3-1 I reckon.

Watch, you'll get pulled up on using that term.

1-1, Gerrard and RVP.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

K-9 wrote: »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Only 3 current Liverpool players have scored against United in the league. I can only think of 2; Suarez & Gerrard. Agger in the FA Cup. Who's the 3rd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Only 3 current Liverpool players have scored against United in the league. I can only think of 2; Suarez & Gerrard. Agger in the FA Cup. Who's the 3rd?

Could be someone like Downing for another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gbear wrote: »
    Could be someone like Downing for another club.

Daniel Sturridge maybe? Can't remember if he did or not

def did in the league cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Trilla wrote: »
    Daniel Sturridge maybe? Can't remember if he did or not

Yeah, in the Carling Cup a month or two ago.

Edit: Oh, in the league? Not sure then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Glen Johnson? For Portsmouth maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

K-9 wrote: »

1-1, Gerrard and RVP.

Ya sound. Just realised it after.

Looking forward to the game hopefully its not ruined by dodgey decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nice piece by Amy Lawrence re RVP transfer. Tough reading for Arsenal fans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/phone-call-manchester-united-van-persie?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

can see utd winning by 1 goal from a dodgy decision imo like the last game....

but in a perfect world it would like to sturridge on at the start and to bag a couple of goals would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BASHIR wrote: »
    Ya sound. Just realised it after.

Ah just slagging, Man U is just an abbreviated term, bit like many say pool.
    Looking forward to the game hopefully its not ruined by dodgey decisions.

Chances are we'll have an endless debate over how this or that decision totally affected the game, its just the way of these things.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mada999 wrote: »
    can see utd winning by 1 goal from a dodgy decision imo like the last game....

but in a perfect world it would like to sturridge on at the start and to bag a couple of goals would be nice

What was the dodgy decision in the last game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement