Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Luis is on fire, Stevie is going to dominate midfield. I expect Webb to send off Agger after a dive from Young. Fergie is cracking up. Thanks but no yanks Thanks for those yanks. Kenny is god. Suarez was/is innocent. Its all a conspiracy. I'm changing my username to Stewart Downing etc etc

Lol.:pac:

Predicted teams from The Guardian.

Manchester-United-v-Liver-001.jpg

I'd be happy with that United line-up,plenty of scope for interchanging between Kagawa & Young or Cleverly. Carrick will sit deep & mind the house.

My only change would be Rio instead of Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Paddypower offering 3-1 on united over the phone if its your first time placing a phone bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    Predicted teams from The Guardian.

I'd be happy with that United line-up,plenty of scope for interchanging between Kagawa & Young or Cleverly. Carrick will sit deep & mind the house.

My only change would be Rio instead of Vidic.

Would like to see Rio start as well.Hopefully Nani is on the bench and can be brought on for Valencia,that lad needs a serious kick up the arse.Would be happy enough to see that team start.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would love to see Rio start aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Paddypower offering 3-1 on united over the phone if its your first time placing a phone bet.

Max stake?

colly_06 wrote: »
    Max stake?

50. Not great but not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's hard to see a way in which Liverpool can win the game given the respective form of the two clubs this season. Utd will find a way, and that way may be despite them losing the midfield battle or Suarez being effective or Rooney not being on the pitch, etc. Seems to me Utd have a way of confounding expectations in ties like this and digging out the win.

8 of the last 11 in Old Trafford tells its own story.
    Think the phrase "Utd will find a way" sums it up for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Dub13 wrote: »
    I would love to see Rio start aswell.

Really? Rio was probably the best player on the pitch when the two sides last met!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Blatter wrote: »
    Really? Rio was probably the best player on the pitch when the two sides last met!

Yea he was good that day but I still think he has gone down hill big time.

I'd be happier to see a rusty Vidic playing personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

he is on a downward curve but imo opinion he is still one of the best defenders in the league.He isnt the player he was but he has been very good this season and with a few of the CB's back from injury ,SAF can pick and choose his games for the rest of the season.I just think this game may have came a bit too soon for Vidic.

Not what he was but still pretty good. A better option than Vidic at the moment anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Blatter wrote: »

The game is a bit of a blur for me.. after some heavy drinking later on in the day if I'm not mistaken! But I do remember thinking that day how excellent he was, was Man U's MOTM certainly.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

The game is a bit of a blur for me.. after some heavy drinking later on in the day if I'm not mistaken! But I do remember thinking that day how excellent he was, was Man U's MOTM certainly.

I suppose it wasn't too hard to stand out for United given how poor the rest of the team performed that day, bar Rafael who was also very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Whatever gives the Guardian the idea that Shelvey will start?

Been quite rightly dropped for a few games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Isn't he the second most played midfielder behind Gerrard for Liverpool though, probably hedging their bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dfx- wrote: »
    Isn't he the second most played midfielder behind Gerrard for Liverpool though, probably hedging their bets

Joe Allen I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Vertigo100 wrote: »

Where is that offer, is it your first bet with them or your first phone bet. Don't think I ever did a phone bet with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'll be doing a lot of praying before the match tomorrow. Won't be praying for us to win but praying that Shelvey is nowhere near the squad. Please God make it happen.

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'll be doing a lot of praying before the match tomorrow. Won't be praying for us to win but praying that Shelvey is nowhere near the squad. Please God make it happen.

I don't think Fowler has any input in team selections tbh.

dfx- wrote: »

I doubt that's the reason they put him in, more than likely just incompetence. Same with regards leaving Rio out of the starting line up, he'll almost certainly play after not being involved against West Ham.

I'm still expecting to see Rooney in the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm still expecting to see Rooney in the team

He's not in the squad.

He's not in the squad.

Is he not? Didn't know that.

Knew he's been injured but thought Fergie might be fibbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BREAKING: Suarez won't shake hands with any of Man United players this sunday as he won't risk any Injury to his goal scoring hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BREAKING: Suarez won't shake hands with any of Man United players this sunday as he won't risk any Injury to his goal scoring hand.

That's.fücking.hilarious.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where is that offer, is it your first bet with them or your first phone bet. Don't think I ever did a phone bet with them.

Saw it on their twitter feed. The paddy power offers one. It says new phone customers.

Edit : linky http://pdy.pr/AgW61o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He didn't score a goal with his hand. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

BREAKING: Van Persie won't take part in pre match heading drill for fear of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

He didn't score a goal with his hand. :confused:

True. It was an assist. ;)

hefferboi wrote: »
    BREAKING: Van Persie won't take part in pre match heading drill for fear of death.

tumblr_mg7zsi7bRu1rl4ee4o1_1280.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Seems to me Utd have a way of confounding expectations in ties like this and digging out the win.

A United win will hardly confound expectations though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A United win will hardly confound expectations though...

Obviously, but what I mean is that the manner of the victory, the players who play well, the tactical areas where the game will be won - all of that will likely go against expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Obviously, but what I mean is that the manner of the victory, the players who play well, the tactical areas where the game will be won - all of that will likely go against expectations.

How do you mean? The likelihood going into last years game was that our 'star' Rooney, would prove the difference. He scored twice. In the 3 big games this year, yourselves, Chelsea and City, the expectation was that Rooney or Van Persie would drag us through. Van Persie scored in all 3 games, and Rooney got 2 against City

The plot thickens...

565931_4117474253571_1397961555_n.jpg?oh=8991d7db0d0104506a2403e453d45b8f&oe=50F3DF4F&__gda__=1358193339_8d9afd74b9ef440d130c1504fb528df4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

what is seen.....:eek:

oh%20god.png?1316467507

That is just bloody disturbing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ugh, rarnes, make it stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

*violently thrashes ban-hammer every where*

Mars Bar wrote: »
    *violently thrashes ban-hammer every where*

If it's offensive I'll take it down?

Thought it was kinda funny myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont want to know what he was googling

It's not "offensive" but it's bloody offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If it's offensive I'll take it down?

Thought it was kinda funny myself

I'm kidding, if it was serious it'd be in bold.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever be the same again after seeing that!

Chinpool wrote: »

"Fergie and Webb in bed together" obviously! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'd say it's fake, I couldn't see ferguson staying around for small talk afterwards.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'd say it's fake, I couldn't see ferguson staying around for small talk afterwards.

With Jeff Shreeves peeping out from under the bed with a microphone asking, "How do you feel after that performance,coming from behind like that?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

zerks wrote: »
    With Jeff Shreeves peeping out from under the bed with a microphone asking, "How do you feel after that performance,coming from behind like that?"

The thread is very serene this evening with everyone sharing jokes,can't see it being the same at around 3.30pm tomorrow.;):p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement