Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool; SUN 13th Jan @ 13.30pm ** MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

zerks wrote: »
    The thread is very serene this evening with everyone sharing jokes,can't see it being the same at around 3.30pm tomorrow.;):p

The big joke tomorrow will be Howard Webb :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The big joke tomorrow will be Howard Webb :p:p

If he sends of Suarez in the first few mins,PC World will be busy on Monday with people buying new keyboards:D

If he sends of Suarez in the first few mins,PC World will be busy on Monday with people buying new keyboards:D

That will be me and i'll probably need a new window too !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

have a feeling the united fans will go easy on luis tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

And I can only leave some post match comments tomorrow night, when I'm back from work, but I'm looking forward to Mary's violently thrashing ban hammer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The thread is very serene this evening with everyone sharing jokes,can't see it being the same at around 3.30pm tomorrow.;):p

People joking and talking about football in a calm and rational manner. It's the apocalypse.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    And I can only leave some post match comments tomorrow night, when I'm back from work, but I'm looking forward to Mary's violently thrashing ban hammer :D

banhammer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well alot of us who are heading to the game, wont be online tomorrow, win, lose or draw so that should dilute things a bit!

my biggest worry now is the fact that its supposed to be -10 in England tomorrow and snow is forecast, could effect our ability to get to and from the game.

hopefully everybody gets over safe and sound tomorrow anyway.

well alot of us who are heading to the game, wont be online tomorrow, win, lose or draw so that should dilute things a bit!
    my biggest worry now is the fact that its supposed to be -10 in England tomorrow and snow is forecast, could effect our ability to get to and from the game.

I wouldn't be too worried about getting home or to the game because the UK are so much better equipped at dealing with the weather then us !

People joking and talking about football in a calm and rational manner. It's the apocalypse.

Really?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I saw that earlier in the week, I'm flying into liverpool in the morning. The site I use yr.no say it will be about -2 in the morning and no snow so I'd say we should be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm still expecting to see Rooney in the team
    He's not in the squad.

Didn't think the actual squad was officially announced yet?

perspective I guess

566086_4117577296147_458932137_n.jpg?oh=1d1072478304f38f5fc6aa32ad0fd8e3&oe=50F366C4&__gda__=1358191661_7af0c3fd071dc1d4f25f67c45ade7738

Blatter wrote: »

Was kinda thinking that myself too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Enjoy the game Homer. Hopefully no disruptions for the Red Devil fans going over.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I saw that earlier in the week, I'm flying into liverpool in the morning.

theres a few of us united fans from here on that flight also ;)

Enjoy the match...and of course, the flights :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'll be the one with the big liverpool jester hat on, you can't miss me.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'll be the one with the big liverpool jester hat on, you can't miss me.

ill have a big stick and dont worry, i wont miss :)

• Advertisement

ill have a big stick and dont worry, i wont miss :)

No violence, please...otherwise, I'll tell Mary :D

Yeah, we only found out Rooney wasn't in the squad against Newcastle an hour before kick off that day so the squad obv wasn't officially announced the day before.

The rumours from the rags (they're usually far more reliable when it comes to team selections and this sort of stuff in comparison to transfer stories) are that he's been training since yesterday. If that's the case he'll more than likely start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

perspective I guess

566086_4117577296147_458932137_n.jpg?oh=1d1072478304f38f5fc6aa32ad0fd8e3&oe=50F366C4&__gda__=1358191661_7af0c3fd071dc1d4f25f67c45ade7738

What does this have to do with Ferguson? This is what Ferguson said about the handball.
    I never saw the [Mansfield] game so it is difficult to say whether it was a deliberate handball or not

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/liverpool-luis-suarez-controversy-ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yeah, we only found out Rooney wasn't in the squad against Newcastle an hour before kick off that day so the squad obv wasn't officially announced the day before.

The rumours from the rags (they're usually far more reliable when it comes to team selections and this sort of stuff in comparison to transfer stories) are that he's been training since yesterday. If that's the case he'll more than likely start.

I thought a squad was announced a few days before kick off and then the subs/starters were announced from that before kick off. No idea if that is the case though. Fergie did say this the other day
    "Nani is back training and Anderson has been back for 10 days. They will be in the squad," confirmed Ferguson. "But Wayne is still out. He will start training today [Friday]. He is not far away and should be available for the FA Cup replay with West Ham on Wednesday."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/manchester-united-liverpool-nani-anderson

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be suprised to see Rooney play
    I thought a squad was announced a few days before kick off and then the subs/starters were announced from that before kick off. No idea if that is the case though. Fergie did say this the other day

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/manchester-united-liverpool-nani-anderson

C'mon now Chucky, we know Fergie tells a few fibs every now and again ;)

Didn't see that Fergie quote. Assuming he means Rooney started full training yesterday then he will at least be on the bench imo.

• Advertisement

It's all about mind games in a huge match like this...Rooney will make it into the starting XI, and everyone will call it a miracle and will praise the excellent work of the doctors :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Catch yourselves on lads! He *might* make the bench for the West Ham game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Rooney has shown in the past that it takes him a couple of games to get fully match fit anyway. He may come on for 10 minutes if he is in the squad but think that will be it.

There will be one surprise in the United lineup tomorrow I feel.

Maybe Nani.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

Maybe Nani.

Michael Knighton is coming back. Finally the box to box midfielder that we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Maybe Nani.

Giggs or Phil Jones in midfield. Or Ji Sung Park bought back tomorrow morning in time for the game. Something frustrating anyway

Michael Knighton is coming back. Finally the box to box midfielder that we need.

That the fella who wanted to take over United?

He was good at "Keepie ups";)

That the fella who wanted to take over United?

He was good at "Keepie ups";)

Yeah....fat little fella with a moustache.

Think that the purchase price was £10m!

Yeah....fat little fella with a moustache.

Think that the purchase price was £10m!

Just glad it never happened. We could be doing a Leeds now.

Just glad it never happened. We could be doing a Leeds now.

I love the way that Fergie says "Weeds" instead of "Leeds" 'cause of his accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Timmyctc wrote: »
    <Heated Debate>

dont see why. im sure the pool fans know they arent a title challenging threat so it doesnt matter where they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

dont see why. im sure the pool fans know they arent a title challenging threat so it doesnt matter where they are

The point is these Heated Debates oft' lack logic and sense and other nice things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The point is these Heated Debates oft' lack logic and sense and other nice things

Why post the article in here so? If only to stir the pot.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Why post the article in here so? If only to stir the pot.

It's relevant to the match tomorrow. Because the match is between Liverpool and United and the article was about Fergie's opinion (as United manager) on Liverpool and their position ahead of the aforementioned fixture between the two. This is the Man Utd v Liverpool thread is it not :O The <Heated Debate> remark was but a lighthearted remark commenting on the many previous heated debates this thread has already witnessed on matters much more trivial than that of my innocent little article link. I hope this misunderstanding did not impact our relationship Heffer and that you will still come over to my house next week for dinner.
    Yours forever...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

We've just had a page long debate about an abbreviation...

It's relevant to the match tomorrow. Because the match is between Liverpool and United and the article was about Fergie's opinion (as United manager) on Liverpool and their position ahead of the aforementioned fixture between the two. This is the Man Utd v Liverpool thread is it not :O The <Heated Debate> remark was but a lighthearted remark commenting on the many previous heated debates this thread has already witnessed on matters much more trivial than that of my innocent little article link. I hope this misunderstanding did not impact our relationship Heffer and that you will still come over to my house next week for dinner.
    Yours forever...

It is relevant to the thread but then you said "The point is these Heated Debates oft' lack logic and sense and other nice things" which seems, imo, like you dislike these heated debates so why would you post that if you don't like them and know they would cause a debate?

And I won't be over for din dins Tim sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There isn't a debate to have. Ferguson doesn't look at Liverpool's league position. Why would he? Who cares? I couldn't give a sh!te if he doesn't do the crossword either.

It is relevant to the thread but then you said "The point is these Heated Debates oft' lack logic and sense and other nice things" which seems, imo, like you dislike these heated debates so why would you post that if you don't like them and know they would cause a debate?

And I won't be over for din dins Tim sorry.

No yer man implied it is unlikely to cause a debate. However in the wake of the ManU debacle I'm saying the debates on this thread lack any form of logic. Therefore an article with more rousing elements mar shampla may evoke more <HEATED DEBATES> :pac:

Also. The wife will be devastated. She was looking forward to this ever so much.

12 hours.......

No yer man implied it is unlikely to cause a debate. However in the wake of the ManU debacle I'm saying the debates on this thread lack any form of logic. Therefore an article with more rousing elements mar shampla may evoke more <HEATED DEBATES> :pac:

Also. The wife will be devastated. She was looking forward to this ever so much.

They do lack logic so I'll say no more. Tomorrow should have enough.

Sure I'm having dinner with her next weekend;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Anyone else wide awake with excitement/nervousness?

I have a soccer match tomorrow at 12. Don't know whether to miss the soccer or the first 20 mins of the big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I have a soccer match tomorrow at 12. Don't know whether to miss the soccer or the first 20 mins of the big one.

You should be banned from doing either for calling it 'soccer'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement