Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature

• 07-01-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

A little off topic but hopefully someone can help.

Just tried my hand at making my own sig. It looks decent enough so I uploaded it to an image sharing site. When I put the link into boards I get a broken image picture, like the one below.

3z57i

The site where the image has been uploaded gives a link to use on forums which results in my sig being made tiny, like it is currently. The image size is 600x150 so this shouldn't happen. Any ideas?

Play Madden on Xbox or PS3?
    Well come and visit the Madden NFL Game Forum!

3z57i

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Luke, I've just put your image link into my sig, there's a problem with your image link...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Luke, I've just put your image link into my sig, there's a problem with your image link...

So should I just upload the image to a different host?

EDIT: Just uploaded to tinypic, seems to have worked :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

try photo bucket, thats what i use

Here is my sig

Play Madden on Xbox or PS3?
    Well come and visit the Madden NFL Game Forum!

[URL****=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1541][IMG***]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/HeliCJsig1.jpg[***/IMG][***/URL]

So just replace the photobucket link and remove the stars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I would use Photobucket, it's free to sign up and it keeps your pics in an album if you need them in the future. Sig looks cool, did you use gimp? or photoshop?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I would use Photobucket, it's free to sign up and it keeps your pics in an album if you need them in the future. Sig looks cool, did you use gimp? or photoshop?

Thanks, first attempt :D I used photoshop and downloaded some custom brushes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lukebray wrote: »
    Thanks, first attempt :D I used photoshop and downloaded some custom brushes

Yeah it can be a bit overwhelming at first, youtube tutorials are a great way to learn some tricks, and DeviantArt is a great spot for some really brilliant brushes.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah it can be a bit overwhelming at first, youtube tutorials are a great way to learn some tricks, and DeviantArt is a great spot for some really brilliant brushes.

Yeah it wasn't too bad as I used photoshop quite a bit a couple of years back. That's the place I got the brushes actually, some really nice packs on there

Luke did you sort this out?

Luke did you sort this out?

Yep got it sorted Heli thanks, can you not see?!

Sorry mate, have sigs turned off!

Looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sorry mate, have sigs turned off!

Looks good!

Turned off?? That means you don't see your beautiful Chris Johnson sig everytime you are on. For some reason my sig is now too big. Need to fix that.

Raoul wrote: »
    Turned off?? That means you don't see your beautiful Chris Johnson sig everytime you are on. For some reason my sig is now too big. Need to fix that.

I see him on the PFL.. thats enough!

Advertisement