Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deception [TV3]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Looks like an ad for Loreal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Was she not drunk at a funeral a minute ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's the craic with her clothes obsession?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

a load of arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did they hire a cameraman from a Carry On film? Lot of arse shots. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I don't think the camera zoomed in on Yer wan's arse for long enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Which one is Niamh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

jazsus could the drug deal people have looked any more suss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

WealthyB wrote: »
    a load of arse

They spoiled it with the crotch shot of yer man walking towards the camera though! *shudders* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

FFS. I've seen better direction on Crime Call.

• Advertisement
    M

Big CB radio aeriel on the mondeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Has your one with the scowly face athsma or something? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

first time to watch, gave it a fair shot, 5 mins was eenough, pure sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 18 A ma an da

I believe they used the same editor from the movie Armageddon. Any moment now we'll see three helicopters flying overhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is not how we talk in Galway.

Emma looks like she's had a bit too much Coke.

"I'll see to her mate."

Bet you will... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

WTF ' I'ma lezzer so come home'

This is too much for any medical student..... Dad she never knew murdered, mam comes out as a lesbian, she meets big uncle johnny& takes up drinking all a matter of days

• Advertisement

Emma, you're drunk. As your boyfriend I'm going to leave you here alone with this sleazy cad to teach you a lesson. It's for your own good.

Haha the bloke wearing his jacket around his elbows like that and it's not 1986

M

Colour co-ordinated grey jackets for dealing, perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 A ma an da

Thats bullying covered. Oldskool type

Emma, you're drunk. As your boyfriend I'm going to leave you here alone with this sleazy cad to teach you a lesson. It's for your own good.

Wasn't her boyfriend. Just a friend. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

oh this is bad very very bad.

• Advertisement

What. The. Flip. Is. Going. On.

Is that boy going on a school shoot out?

Gripping stuff my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nice Willie O Dea inspired shot there at the end

willie%20odea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Well, that was shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Mother of God!!!
    Next week we need to talk about Sean or whatever his name is.
    Could not get better/worse, I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What did Len do with the Beans? Was there some significance to that conversation or did they need to fill in some time, and couldn't justify anymore lingering Arse shots?

Not an iota at this stage.
    Feel like me gran watching TV with all the questions & help I need to get ghru an episode

That's what makes it so good. No one actually knows.

Why did the man want to shoot the girl who slept with the womaniser?

whoever sold this script to tv3 should be in charge of our next round of negotiations with the Troika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd say if you watched Fair City after this it would seem like The Wire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

If only they had added a laughter track we would now be praising a brilliant new satirical comedy.

Personally, I think this week's episode was much, much better.

I think the first episode suffered from trying to introduced too man characters too soon (possibly down to the fact that it's a 6 parter and they had a clear idea of what they wanted to do and had to rush the exposition?), so it was nigh on impossible to get a good grasp of the story. Couple that with some truly awful acting in spots and bad scripts in other places and it a very poor first episode.

I felt this week was far better structured. Less jumping around from scene to scene and character to character. There were a few dodgy places (such as the scene with Jack and Catriona and the car... what the hell was that about?) and the acting is still poor. But overall I thought it was enjoyable and I genuinely am interested in the story.

Will definitely be tuning in next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Personally, I think this week's episode was much, much better.

I think the first episode suffered from trying to introduced too man characters too soon (possibly down to the fact that it's a 6 parter and they had a clear idea of what they wanted to do and had to rush the exposition?), so it was nigh on impossible to get a good grasp of the story. Couple that with some truly awful acting in spots and bad scripts in other places and it a very poor first episode.

I felt this week was far better structured. Less jumping around from scene to scene and character to character. There were a few dodgy places (such as the scene with Jack and Catriona and the car... what the hell was that about?) and the acting is still poor. But overall I thought it was enjoyable and I genuinely am interested in the story.

Will definitely be tuning in next week.
    doubt I can watch any more after that tonight. Shocking stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Haha, what an absolute ****show. Some observations:
    - Emma looks at picture of her dead father, but all we can see is the back of his head. 'I think I've got his eyes.'
    - Has an interview for medical school which is apparently all her mother wants for her. When she gets back in the car, her mother doesn't even ask her how she got on.
    - Putting on her make up in an empty shop, wearing the same clothes as the day before, but then asking her mum does she like her new shoes, friend tells her to mention her dead father in her interview... I could go on.
    At least it's a bit more obvious who the characters are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 baretree

housetypeb wrote: »
    If only they had added a laughter track we would now be praising a brilliant new satirical comedy.

I think this is an excellent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Goolay

Just caught the first episode there, Christ it's bad. Like an unintentional cross between Soupy Norman and Garth Marengi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Another mess of a show but not as bad as last week.
    Few things....
    1: why was the uncle so concerned that sonebody left a lawnmower running, that he had to tell 2 strangers?!
    2: beangate
    3: is the woman really s lesbian or is that her story for the garda?
    4: why didnt (emma) she show her mother her new shoes the first time? And wasnt she supposed to meet her somewhere for lunch? Coz the mother was surprised to see her in the house?
    5: what party was emma on about when she was drunk? Absolutly no reference to obe before that.
    8. im not making sense either- thats what this show does to me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

So it's fairly cringe alright. The acting isn't brilliant and the script has some plot holes alright. But yet, I still want to watch more... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Who killed Emma's father seems to be it,don't see much else of anything except some teenage angst which will become extremely annoying,the young fella with the gun appears to be a blatant rip off of American Beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Why does it have to be an american who's a bit nuts and obsessed with guns?? The preview hints that he's going to have a gun in school next week...oh dear god, why do I want to watch this train wreck again next week.

The hot blonde: Is she a student, the same age as Emma and 'my bodys a temple' Ginger Nut, and if so why was she talking to Emmas mother while on her break at the hospital, where Emma's mother thanked her for all her help getting Emma into Med School??

Is bishop brennans Alzheimers gonna be a significant part of the plot?

Roll on next monday night, same bat time...same bat channel..

I just love how emma turned from shy school girl to grieving daughter to med school student to little minxish trouble causing drink stealing vamp in the space of what was probably what? 3 or 4 days??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I just love how emma turned from shy school girl to grieving daughter to med school student to little minxish trouble causing drink stealing vamp in the space of what was probably what? 3 or 4 days??

I think she's winding up her mother by saying she's not going to med school,she was thrilled when she got the letter.

kneemos wrote: »
    I think she's winding up her mother by saying she's not going to med school,she was thrilled when she got the letter.

I think you might be giving the writers too much credit!¬!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If I ever see that Taxi in Galway I'm not getting into it, the driver clearly has no idea where they're going.

Driving the wrong way down the one way system in UCG, picking up a drug dealer outside Sallys to drop him 50 meters down the road but facing in the wrong direction, random detours to Limerick, consumating drug deals in the Car Park next door to Mill Street Garda station....

Also, that lingering shot of teenagers arse was all a bit Jimmy Saville.

Advertisement