Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else worried about Saturday's loyalist protest?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ahh yeah your well behind its been postponed since wednesday evening

I was in town on Saturday, thankfully nice and quiet, but did notice a slighter bigger Garda presence than normal?

but also, on Nassau Street I overheard a tracksuited man on a his phone saying, "was just up at the Dail. No, it was sh1te. There's no-one there, nothings gonna kick-off. I'm going home".

Not much to go on, but I suspect some people were determined cause trouble. Even if those dastardly Loyalists never showed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

donaghs wrote: »
    I was in town on Saturday, thankfully nice and quiet, but did notice a slighter bigger Garda presence than normal?

but also, on Nassau Street I overheard a tracksuited man on a his phone saying, "was just up at the Dail. No, it was sh1te. There's no-one there, nothings gonna kick-off. I'm going home".

Not much to go on, but I suspect some people were determined cause trouble. Even if those dastardly Loyalists never showed up!

Yeah heard from a few people there we some track suit hooded/balaclava wearing morons going around with irish flags waiting for something to kick off, thankfully nothing did but the gardai were right to put a few more on duty just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

donaghs wrote: »

Sure everyone knew that a section of the Irish republican movement was going to be there, ready to have a go at our police. He obviously didn't get the memo that the 'counter-protest' was cancelled. It probably ruined his Saturday.

Advertisement