Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login error or forgotten password

Options
  • 07-01-2013 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I am unable to login to my account to pay my bill. Every time I try to login, I keep getting this message:
    Your account has been locked as you have failed to enter the correct password. Please click on the "forgot your password?" link on the Logon screen for a new password to be issued to you and for your account to be unlocked.

I clicked on forgot password and tried to get Electrical Ireland to send me my detail to my Gmail (Google Mail) account, but no luck - I got no return email. I also tried to create a boards.ie account from this Gmail account and no email was sent back. I figure Gmail is a load of bollocks.

What can I do to access my Electric Ireland account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Harry Deerpark,

The email address we have on file for you is the one you would need to input when completing the "Forgotten password" form.

If your Gmail address is what we have on file, maybe check your Gmail spam folder. If you perhaps have a different email address on file with us and you are not sure which one, private message us your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your Electric Ireland account, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account and we can see what email address is attached to your account.

We are finishing at 6pm and back tomorrow at 8am.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Hi Harry Deerpark,

The email address we have on file for you is the one you would need to input when completing the "Forgotten password" form.

If your Gmail address is what we have on file, maybe check your Gmail spam folder. If you perhaps have a different email address on file with us and you are not sure which one, private message us your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your Electric Ireland account, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account and we can see what email address is attached to your account.

We are finishing at 6pm and back tomorrow at 8am.

Regards,
    Una

I'm not sure how they appear the account because I can't access it, but I sent you the details from my bill Electrical Ireland sent to my billing address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

We tried again and it worked. Thanks for replying anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks for letting us know Harry, and our apologies again for the inconvenience.

Advertisement