Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a faulty touch screen

Options
  • 07-01-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭

I got a Huwaei 858 smartphone (it was only 80 euros) . Of late the screen has been dodgy.

I did a restore on it as I thought it might be overloaded with applications but it is still playing up.

For example , if I am using the calculator and I press the 2 it might show up as equals.So not a slight error in responsiveness but like there is a few crossed wires.

It was very cheap and doesn't owe me a huge lot.

Is there anything I can do or should I just think about getting something a little better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you drop it/ crack it?

It not, you are entitled to get it sorted under warranty. Return to point of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭amandstu

I thought those warranties only lasted a year.....(it would not be a problem bringing it back but I assumed it would be too old now and also not valuable enough).

I am pretty sure I didn't drop it. I thought perhaps a cheap phone like that might not be expected to be too robust.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

amandstu wrote: »
    I thought those warranties only lasted a year.....(it would not be a problem bringing it back but I assumed it would be too old now and also not valuable enough)

24 month warranty on all phones since 2005 ish, cant remember exactly the date

That might change things.Good news if you're right.

I seem to be unlucky in that this mobile is now giving worse problems with the touch screen and the 24 month "warranty" (if that info was correct) has just expired .

Is there anything I can do myself to improve the screen sensitivity since ,at 80€ purchase price I doubt it is worth getting repaired. ?

I already rebooted it in the past (to factory settings) but it had no noticeable effect at the time.

Could it be that the sceen could be "cleaned" with alcohol or some such?

I had a look at the settings (it does allow me to get in eventually but there seems to be no way to ajust the speed of responsiveness (the way you can change curser speed in a PC)

The actual screen does have a hair line crack running horizontally but it has been that way for more than a year and it worked better up to the past few days.

When the screen comes on you have to wipe an icon from right to left to open the phone up or to answer a call and this is the hardest of all the actions to perform - which means that I miss phone calls since it might take me 5 minutes to get past that first hurdle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement