Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Apartment Development Recommendations

Options
  • 07-01-2013 8:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I'll shortly be looking to rent an Apartment in Dundalk, an apartment mainly due to cost and security compared to a house. I've seen a number of places in Rampart's Mill , the Old Library Apartments, Ath Leithean and St. Nicholas' Gardens on Daft.ie. I was wondering if anyone could give any positives or red flags on any of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

A friend of mine lives at Millstream, The Ramparts and it is a very secure apartment block, however some landlords rent to students and things can get noisy there at night.

I live to the rear of the Old Library appartments, very secure, central but I don't know anything about the tenants.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Thanks very much! Just wondering is Carroll Village OK too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

Red Alert wrote: »
    I'll shortly be looking to rent an Apartment in Dundalk, an apartment mainly due to cost and security compared to a house. I've seen a number of places in Rampart's Mill , the Old Library Apartments, Ath Leithean and St. Nicholas' Gardens on Daft.ie. I was wondering if anyone could give any positives or red flags on any of these?

Is there any other reasons that you would prefer an apartment, small town houses are just as cheap, more spacious than most of the properties you are looking at. Having said that if a secure apartment is what you want I would opt for the old library or millstream.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Mainly because I'll be living there on a part-time basis for the first six months or so - apartment offers a certain amount of in-built security.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Pig Benis

Red Alert wrote: »
    Thanks very much! Just wondering is Carroll Village OK too?

Stay away from carroll village. I wouldnt live there if you paid me.
    Old library is ideal tbh.

Advertisement