Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom build house alarm PIR/PLC based system

Options
  • 07-01-2013 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Following a recent back garden visit,i think is time to draw a system that will keep them away from my garden or walls rather than to tell me they are in my garden / house !
    Nothing extra valuable in the house,two normal cars in the front of the house.

So,i need your advise,as i need to design it with a normal person mindset and with a burglar desire too...

I really need it to be a deterrent system,pro-active rather than reactive:

-PIR external sensors,linked to in house PLC with sensors reading,internal beeper.Located at every side of the house in pair of two,90" looking each and with a flashing red LED to indicate their operation and presence.
    -PIR external flood lights,no feedback,just activation when close enough to the 3-5 m off the wall,installed at the corner of the house,high enough to cover all space
    -PIR external window sensors,mounted so that catch only close to 1-2m off the wall,kind of vertical mounted/positioned.Warning that they really got too closed !! They are connected to and read by PLC and an internal sound ,external beeper and all 4 separate dedicated 150W flood lights going on at same time
    -PIR internal sensors,in each room,above the window frames,ground and floor,connected to PLC and with existing current PIR from the house alarm.

Along with 4 CCTV cameras and 2 IR Illuminator(front and back) that should do it against any one trying to get near the walls,windows,doors.

All system is running off a 1500 SmartUPS unit.

I can integrate a:
    -silence beep/sound when PIRs or external PIRs reads the move outside,especially at night time
    -live feed video/photo of the house CCTV on my mobile
    -GSM alarm by text

Any thoughts ,please,much appreciated !
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

A four channel DVR will work fine for this an you can mix and match cameras . Most work with your mobile . Do you want a system that alerts you if someone is in the garden with sirens? the simon xt will alert you with a voice description eg "Back door open " Garden motion detect " . There's even external PIRs for it . it can operate via landline or gsm and can be remotely controlled by both . Wireless touch screen keypads are available too . Very affordable .

Advertisement