Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wilton waste??

• 07-01-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    I'm trying to organise a bin service in cootehill area. Is wilton waste good? If so which option works out better the pay by weight or the pay by use service?
    I'm confused about the compost and recycle bin situation...I thought they were free to have collected but the website says it's 4.50 per lift for recycle bin and nothing at all about the compost bin? All help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I am with Wilton and I find them excellent - was previously with Cavan Waste and found them poor to be honest. Wilton's customer service is very good.

I am on the pay by weight option which means that I have four bins, Regular, Recycling, Compost and a glass bin. The glass bin is collected 4 times a year, the other are collected every forthnight. The Recycling and Compost are free with the pay by weight option. For me the way it works is that i paid €170 ish for the first six months - For the next 6 months I paid closer to €140 as I had used less waste that the 400kg estimate Wilton Use. For me this works out as a better option that the pay for lift - you are being encouraged to recycle and the more you recycle the more you save.

But everyone is different so it really depends on how much waste you produce and what your needs are - for example for me the compost bin is a must for grass cuttings food waste etc.

With the pay for lift if you need your general waste emptied once a forthnight it's €150 per 6 months and then there is the recycling bin @ €4.50 a month on top of that - AFAIK you don't get a compost bin under the pay per lift option.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cavangirl21

Thanks for that,
    I think we will go with them and the pay by weight option seems the best for us.
    Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

No problem - glad to be of help.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'm with them an agree with everything Tom Joad said. I was also with Cavan waste prior to moving to them.

My bin charges have dropped massively under the pay by wait. They text you the remind yu about the bins and also over those bank hols to remind you what way they are working etc, handy over Xmas.

My last bill was €130 and you can pay online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

or you can pay in most local shops

• Advertisement
Advertisement