Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water problems

Options
  • 07-01-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

i live in kilcock village, i've noticed a degredation in the quality of our tap water over the last few days. at first it was a mild taste of bleach but now this evening its very strong. anyone got any ideas whats going on? or who i should contact? iVe never had water on a mains system before i moved here.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

pedro7 wrote: »
    Hi all,

i live in kilcock village, i've noticed a degredation in the quality of our tap water over the last few days. at first it was a mild taste of bleach but now this evening its very strong. anyone got any ideas whats going on? or who i should contact? iVe never had water on a mains system before i moved here.

Thanks folks

It is not bleach you taste or smell, it is Chlorine.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pedro7

Oh I know that thanks. But why is it suddenly so much more concentrated that it is leaving a strong taste and smell off the water? No problems since I moved in nearly a year ago until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nothing here in Maynooth but I don't think Kilcock is on the Ballygoran reservoir.

We frequently get a salty taste here which is likely over flouridation though. KCC seem to be unable to actually dose the water properly and just do it at random. Water department phone operators tell me there's "no reports of anything" despite members of my family being able to taste it in Maynooth and Celbridge

Roll on Irish Water and actually having competent (allegedly anyway) people running the water system .

Advertisement