Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shops in Wexford that sell second-hand bikes

Options
  • 07-01-2013 10:11pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm moving down to Wexford town soon for work, and rather than bringing a bike from home (with the hassle of trains etc) I intend to buy a second hand bike when I get down to Wexford. I've seen online that theres at least two bicycle shops in Wexford town, but does anyone know if they sell second-hand bikes?

thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi everyone, I'm moving down to Wexford town soon for work, and rather than bringing a bike from home (with the hassle of trains etc) I intend to buy a second hand bike when I get down to Wexford. I've seen online that theres at least two bicycle shops in Wexford town, but does anyone know if they sell second-hand bikes?

thanks for any help :)

Thinks Hayes do down South Main Street

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thinks Hayes do down South Main Street

Yeah think they do, they're the far end of south Main Street between Nona Rosa and Wexford Autofactors

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to call in there so!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

There's a couple of decent options on Adverts.ie in Wexford at the moment. Those Trax and Apollo bikes in Halfords easily become a false economy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Thanks for the replies everyone - won't be down there til next week but will give everywhere a look in the first day or two and decide then!

I've been pointed in the direction of some adverts ads, but they're not in Wexford town so might pose some difficulty, but I'll keep an eye on it and an opportunity might present itself!

@Darkglasses what do you mean they become a false economy? Break down easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks for the replies everyone - won't be down there til next week but will give everywhere a look in the first day or two and decide then!

I've been pointed in the direction of some adverts ads, but they're not in Wexford town so might pose some difficulty, but I'll keep an eye on it and an opportunity might present itself!

@Darkglasses what do you mean they become a false economy? Break down easy?

That's exactly what I mean, they are notoriously unreliable. They are fitted with the absolute bottom of the range parts, not built with regular, every-day use in mind. Also, if you begin to enjoy cycling in any way, you will certainly want a new, better bike very soon. Easily ends up being 100 euro wasted.

I commute 15km to Wexford town every day by bicycle, it's a very practical and economical alternative to owning a car. For that alone, it's certainly worth spending slightly more on the bike for greater reliability, and something nicer to cycle. I spent roughly 350 euro on a new Giant Escape last year, has given me at least 2000 km of happy, cheap cycling since then!

Advertisement