Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast whistlestop tour

Options
  • 07-01-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I have a week off work in Febuary and have decided to go to the Whitsundays and Frazer Island. Have already done Cairns up to Cape Tribulation. We're gonna fly from Sydney to Hervey Bay to do Frazer Island. From here, Im a little bit confused as to how to get to the Whitsundays from Frazer? None of the airlines seem to fly direct from Hervey Bay to Airlie Beach?? Whats the quickest way of getting there- dont really want to be messing around with buses with such a limited time-frame.

Also does anyone have any recommendations of a good boat to spend 3 days, 2nights on the Whitsundays- is this enough time or too long? Looking for a lively boat that will be good craic. Theres so many to choose from that Im getting abit confused.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Not the most fun but I did it on an overnight bus - that way you're not wasting any holiday time, though you won't get the nicest sleep.. Anyone I met who didnt have a car themselves had done the overnight bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

You say you don't want to mess around with buses, the only other way by road is to drive the 10 odd hours in a hire car.
    You could fly but will be doubling back via Brisbane, it's about 100$ per leg but will save you a lot of time, it's about 4 hrs all up if you work your connections right. It's a lot of mileage to do in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

You say you don't want to mess around with buses, the only other way by road is to drive the 10 odd hours in a hire car.
    You could fly but will be doubling back via Brisbane, it's about 100$ per leg but will save you a lot of time, it's about 4 hrs all up if you work your connections right. It's a lot of mileage to do in a week.

So it looks like we'l have to take the overnight bus- times of flights don't work. It's odd you can't fly direct from Hervey Bay to Airlie Beach. Really excited now, can't wait for the break!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be in Whitsunday at the start of February, and can't wait. I'm doing Brisbane to Whitsunday on the 7th of Feb, and then Hamilton Island to Sydney on the 15th of Feb. Surprised by how cheap it is to fly within Aus. Costing me around €130 for the entire trip.

Advertisement