Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough / Cabra Park - Safe Area?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnnystorm

Is there a safe place to park my car there I'm going up this Sunday and need a safe place to park over night any help please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Phibsboro is great place ,really undervalued in Dublin
    Woodstock is a little Gem ,the Sunday morning fry in there is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Phibsboro is lovely. +1 on Woodstock, absolutely brilliant spot. Smyths, hegigans are super too for a pint.

My sister lives on on the Phibsboro side of Cabra (Fassaugh ave) and finds it really nice. One of my best friends lives on just off Annamoe Rd and find it super. I don't know much about Cabra Park.... but it is pretty close to both of the areas I know. I would check it out at a few times of day... might look nice during the day, but how does it look at night etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Is there a safe place to park my car there I'm going up this Sunday and need a safe place to park over night any help please

It's safe to park your car anywhere in the city. Just don't have valuables visible. However a majority of phisboro is pay and display. And I would expect clampers even on St Patrick's day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

hfallada wrote: »
    It's safe to park your car anywhere in the city. Just don't have valuables visible. However a majority of phisboro is pay and display. And I would expect clampers even on St Patrick's day

as mentioned,sad to say but your car contents are a meal ticket for there heroin.best advice i could give is park in the airport,€6 a day and just bus it back and forth from the airport,hope this helps and your trip to my city is incident free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Minier81 wrote: »
    I don't know much about Cabra Park.... but it is pretty close to both of the areas I know. I would check it out at a few times of day... might look nice during the day, but how does it look at night etc.

I walk past Cabra Park maybe 2 or 3 times a week, at night and never had a problem. That's just walking past it, mind, but it seems grand enough. Occasional congregations of fairly dodgy looking groups on Peter's Road and Connaught Street, but I think they are just bumping in to each other on their way to/from the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Celeste111

Does anyone know anything about the area around Eglinton Terrace / Royal Canal Bank? I'm thinking about renting around there. Also, would it generally be safe for a female to walk home alone (often around 9 p.m. and sometimes later) from city centre to this area?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

About car parking ?I used park my Camper Van on a side road off Iona road with all the very high class Victorian houses .Used even sleep in it the odd night without a problem .Its just a 5 minute walk from Phibsborough .
    P.S,there is a nice walk from Phibsborough to the City center ,through the Royal Canal bank park and on through whats known as the Basin ( large water resevor with birds and seating ) .You exit out to Blessington street ,and walk down North Frederick street and on to O Connell st ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

anto9 wrote: »
    P.S,there is a nice walk from Phibsborough to the City center ,through the Royal Canal bank park and on through whats known as the Basin ( large water resevor with birds and seating ) .You exit out to Blessington street ,and walk down North Frederick street and on to O Connell st ..

Good shout! That's one of my two "scenic" walks into town. The second is through the Royal Canal Bank Park down to Broadstone, into King's Inns Park off Constitution Hill and through King's Inns to come out to Henrietta Street (nice video here: http://vimeo.com/63742898). And then onto Parnell Street via King's Inns Street.

Both actually make the walk a bit longer for me (and the second will make it much longer for anyone!) but they're nice journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Sacksian wrote: »
    Good shout! That's one of my two "scenic" walks into town. The second is through the Royal Canal Bank Park down to Broadstone, into King's Inns Park off Constitution Hill and through King's Inns to come out to Henrietta Street (nice video here: http://vimeo.com/63742898). And then onto Parnell Street via King's Inns Street.

Both actually make the walk a bit longer for me (and the second will make it much longer for anyone!) but they're nice journeys.

I used do both also when i lived in Phibsborough ,on Royal Canal Bank ,for several years behind the library and facing the Prison.My local was the RedWINDMILL on Phibsborough road ,still going strong when i was last in Ireland ,Sept.2012.

• Advertisement
Advertisement