Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

calling anybody who has done qltt or is doing

• 07-01-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I tried to post about this before but I dont know where I put the post. So apologies if this is repeat message.

I hope to do all 7 qltt exams in June. I qualified in New York

I feel really lost here in Irish system and would really appreciate any advice at all.

Im looking to buy books , for any notes ?
    I am looking to set up maybe an online or meetup study group to share ideas , materials and help each other.

Really hope somebody else out there doing them too:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FlyingLawMan

Hi QLTT June,

I am in a similar position. I was working as an attorney in NYC for a while but I have since returned home and I am due to sit the QLTT this year also.
    There is very little materials available and the law society are less than helpful.
    I havn't even looked at the subject outlines yet.

It aint gonna be easy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Hi guys,

might I ask why you returned? What is the situation like in NY? I'm thinking of trying the NY Bar after my law degree but I've not been very successful in getting inside info. Any thoughts most welcome and good luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 christine530

Hey there,

I just received my cert of eligibility. I think I'm going to do two or three of the exams in June, but haven't even started studying yet. I also qualified in NY, and I practised in NJ for five years before moving here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dpw

I finally realized I should check these boards....

It's great to read of others who are taking the QLTT this June/July. I was just issued my cert and will be taking the professional conduct portion this July. I'm pretty terrible at oral exams, so I figured it's best to take my weakest first and overload that one - I'd rather be overprepared than otherwise.

Like others posted, I also can't find much information on the Ireland QLTT exams; I am waiting for the past years' exams to arrive. I have seen information on courses, but these seem to be for the FE-1, and I'm not to sure how similar that is to this exam.

In addition, I know there is a pass mark of 50%, but does anyone know the pass rate?

Are all of you already (back in) Ireland or are some of you still stateside?

Where are you qualified, where did you practice, and what type of law did you do? If back in Ireland, what type of work are you doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 misterherro

I'm planning on sitting all the exams in June. I'm up for getting together to discuss studying tips.

I'm told that the FE-1 and QLTT materials have quite a bit of overlap, so I'm using the FE-1 materials to study. I think there's more information in the FE-1s, so I am trying to weed out the useless bits by cross-referencing them with the last 5 years of QLTT exams.

Currently living in Dublin. I'm an American who has practiced in Seattle since 2008 and licensed in NY since 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dpw

@Misterherro - I think we met during the July exams, we talked for a bit in the waiting room before the exam. Actually I think I met a number of the people posting on this thread. How did the exams work out for everyone? I thought I did terrible on the oral exam, but to my surprise I passed it. It was a lot like a personal interview.

I'm going to start preparing for Accounts & EU law. I have no idea where to start or even what the "Books of Account & Ledgers" or "Bank Reconciliation Statement" should look like. I've ordered some accounts book from the Law Society, hopefully that will have some examples....!

Did anyone else take the July 2013 exam, and how did it work out - better, worse, or meeting expectations?

Advertisement