Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to find a certificate...

Options
  • 07-01-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have Internet via UPC and am trying to connect a desktop upstairs to the wireless router downstairs. I bought a TP-LINK wireless USB adapter as the desktop doesn't have a wireless network card.

All was going swimmingly until I entered the encryption key in order to connect to the network and I get the error message "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you onto the network...".

I've done a bit of research on the Internet but all suggestions (including unchecking the "enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network") doesn't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Unlikely but is the time and date set correctly on the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Under "Wireless Properties" \ Security \ Security type, Is the security type set to WPA 2 Personal?
    (Assuming that you are running Vista or Win 7)
    If it is set to WPA2 enterprise or 802.1x authentication then it'll expect a certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Dubsey

Thanks for the responses.

Dale Parish - I checked the time and it was a few minutes off but putting it on the correct time didn't solve the problem (tried it this morning before leaving for work).

rassem - I'm running XP SP2.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

At work now but can try again in the evening.

D.

Advertisement