Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scouting...

• 07-01-2013 10:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Doing some scouting..
    Doesnt seem like a whole lot of talent at the positions i want..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

Will the scouting points carry over into next week? Don't think I'll be able to get on today:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gufc21 wrote: »
    Will the scouting points carry over into next week? Don't think I'll be able to get on today:/
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I wish the twitter feed wouldn't go ahead and announce who you've been scouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

No fear of that for the Patriots, otherwise the twitter feed would be spammed with messages.

I have a system >_> and I'm not sharing.

Although it is probably the same system that everybody else is using. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I scouted about 14 players and not one was rated A overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Doing some scouting..
    Doesnt seem like a whole lot of talent at the positions i want..

Have noticed that certain high profile positions (normally where the Jags would go first) don't have much.
    matthew8 wrote: »
    I wish the twitter feed wouldn't go ahead and announce who you've been scouting.

Is that just for "storyline players" or are there more? Quite annoying if you're scouting for other teams.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    I scouted about 14 players and not one was rated A overall

I wouldn't trust that rating totally. There will be a few B's who are actually A's and in an offline draft I took an A wide receiver 1st and he was a 67!

Dying to get stuck into the draft. Actually dying for an advance to the next stage of FA!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Very unlikely to find A rated players

Are you scouting overall? I'd socut a few key attributes for the position you are after rather than dropping 2000 points on overall..

I've found very good players in the draft with low-ish overall but great at a lot of the key stats for the position,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Wrong forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

What attributes should you be scouting for inside/outside linebackers?

is play recognition a big one?

HowAreWe wrote: »
    What attributes should you be scouting for inside/outside linebackers?

is play recognition a big one?

hit power, pursuit, play recognition, agility and awareness would be big ones for me.

The way I've been scouting (I've no problem sharing as I'm constantly getting tips on here) is to find the position you want to draft in, lets say WR, then find a player on your roster (if you have one) that you feel very comfortable with. Someone who is reliable, although maybe not a star, for me in WR it would be my 3rd choice WR Mike Thomas. Look at his stats and see what he is good at, what makes him reliable, and look for that in your scouting. Like Mike Thomas has good speed, good catching and good catch in traffic, but he has a low release which means he doesn't burst off the line quickly and his route running isn't the best so his OVR is around 75. So really you just have to ask yourself what you want your Rookie to have, then go look for one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where is the scouting option on CC?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where is the scouting option on CC?

I think it's only available in your "TASKS" menu, I'm not even sure tasks is the right word for it? Your weekly to-do list where you can check when you're ready to advance.

I don't think you can get back to it if you clicked dismiss after you did the initial scouting, I hope I'm wrong though, because I wouldn't mind another look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Did my scouting last night . Have my 1st 3 targets in first round . Should hopefully get them all .

After that I only really have 2 situational guys I'm interested in .

How's everyone else's scouting going ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have 2 guys picked for my 2nd round pick and then for my 5-7 round picks, hoping to unearth a couple of gems there.

I picked a good WR up in the PFL draft in round 7, who is a great returner, as the seasons go on, he'll get his shot, would hope for something similar here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Have a good first rounder sorted !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

All these plans go out the window after the top 10 pick the actual best players rather than the guys who are "projected" to go early.

I've scouted every player at the positions I'm looking at and ranked them, hoping for 4 starters, 1 each from the first 2 rounds and then a Kicker and Punter later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm gonna do my scouting soon. Have to have a good look at who i want to take around 12-14 pick.

Really should have left my scouting until today, and splurged all at once.

Scouted some positions that are no longer a need thanks to FA and trades (thankfully not too extensively). But have good idea of the guys I want in round 1 and 2, and a few flyers after that.

Would love to get a returner late.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I have decent picks but I have no idea who I should be picking up...

I keep changing my mind :-(

I cant decide who to target with my first pick...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So what do production and size really mean?
    Size equal physicality maybe?

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    99 size means they're a perfect height and weight for the position. Production I m not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

PerrinV2 wrote: »

From the manual, here

Five brand new ratings are introduced in Connected Careersand play a big role. These ratings give each team an authentic identity to who they are and how they construct their football team. It will be important to understand what these new ratings do and how they are calculated. These new ratings do not affect your player on the field but instead are used to help shape the personality of each NFL organization.

Physical
    Calculated from a player’s physical ratings, player type and position. For example, a WR’s physical rating would weigh heavier on speed,agility, jumping and catching where as an offensive lineman is weighed on run,pass, and impact blocking.

Intangible
    Calculated off of a player’s intangible ratings. Player type and position are also taken into consideration. For example, a QB’s intangible rating would be weighed heavier on short, medium, and deep accuracy while a defensive end is weighed on block shedding, power, and finesse moves.

Size
    Calculated from the height and weight of a player while also factoring in the position and player type of that individual. For example, aPower RB who is 6’0”, 247lbs, would have a 99 size rating. But if he were a Speed HB, his size grade would be considerably lower.

Production
    Calculated from the player’s season and career stats,position and age. It is important to understand that a rookie will enter with aproduction rating of 0. That will increase as he begins to produce on the field.

Durability
    Calculated from a player’s durability rating. Injury,stamina, and toughness are all factored in when determining the durability rating.The age and position of a player are taken into consideration as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i didnt make enough points to do a good scoting on players but have 1 player in mind with my 1st pick, after that i hav'nt a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Yeah - dont know whether to pick of QB to back up Dalton in draft or wait it out and grab one in FA

A lot will depend on who the pre-ceeding pickers go for as I have a few lads scouted that jump out at me

For all the "realism" EA are trying to achieve, and considering the fact that stroyline college players have Combine stats mentioned, you would think we wouldn't have to scout the basic physical stats: Acceleration, Speed, Strength, Agility

Or do what they did in previous Madden games, actually have the combine stats for each player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

From the manual, here

Size
    Calculated from the height and weight of a player while also factoring in the position and player type of that individual. For example, aPower RB who is 6’0”, 247lbs, would have a 99 size rating. But if he were a Speed HB, his size grade would be considerably lower.

Production
    Calculated from the player’s season and career stats,position and age. It is important to understand that a rookie will enter with aproduction rating of 0. That will increase as he begins to produce on the field.
    When I go into a player these 2 are already given.
    So on production is this rating based on how well he did in his college year or something?

i wish they used real players in the draft, really could do with QB Johnny Manziel from Texas A and M.

I am looking to move up in the second round. Will swap second round picks this year and give next year's second. Anyone able to help?

i wish they used real players in the draft, really could do with QB Johnny Manziel from Texas A and M.

He won't be out till next year, plus you have Luck!?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    He won't be out till next year, plus you have Luck!?
    yeah i just remembered that about manziel after i posted.

Advertisement