Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scouting...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

bucs what did you give me to trade up? i didnt agree it the cpu did :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

how much roughly left time wise does anybody know, want to go back on when its over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

how much roughly left time wise does anybody know, want to go back on when its over

I dunno but its round 5 pick 10 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

empacher wrote: »
    bucs what did you give me to trade up? i didnt agree it the cpu did :mad:

took the 7th pick in the fourth and gave you the 10th and 16th... did you lose out on the player you wanted? that's weird the cpu accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

were we allowed trade with cpu in the draft?, i would've took royster from the dolphins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm not sure can't get onto the draft. nope got all my picks in the first 3 rounds except the CPU getting a RE with my 1st round draft pick, I already have JPP. not angry just annoyed at the EA servers. hope you got the player you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Noticed folk dropping in and out. not good ea. rnd 6 pick 24 now

madalig12 wrote: »
    Noticed folk dropping in and out. not good ea. rnd 6 pick 24 now
    Ya I got knocked out of the server a few times myself
    were we allowed trade with cpu in the draft?, i would've took royster from the dolphins
    Don't think so,was having a look at royster myself.
    In fact the CPU drafted far too many good players

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I had a nightmare with the servers. The players I drafted were not much better.

Do we need a post draft thread to sum how every1 did in the draft or will here do?
    Anyway pretty happy with my draft,1st rounder was an 86 rated C,took a predicted 6 rounder (FS rated 77 i think) in the 2nd but I quite like him,3rd got Dj Curry (WR 76/77 I think) boy has he got pace to burn,rest I left to the CPU

• Advertisement

My draft summary:

1st pick - RE Tyrell Davis, 77 OVR
    2nd pick - TE Josh Kolhausen 79 OVR
    3rd pick - WR Emmanuel Jenkins 74 OVR

The rest were pure muck and have already been cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got a cracking MLB with the 12th pick. Absolutely gutted the CPU Bills picked up the top rated HB at the start of the 2nd round, he would have fallen to me!! :(

SantryRed wrote: »
    Got a cracking MLB with the 12th pick. Absolutely gutted the CPU Bills picked up the top rated HB at the start of the 2nd round, he would have fallen to me!! :(
    Was it Foster? he was quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I had scouted QB very heavily and picked #15 Merrian who had good scouting on him. He is not as good as I thought rated 74 and with the important attributes same as Cassel. The thing is he turned out to be the highest rated QB when I looked at all the rookies on the rosters afterwards. After that I had scouted WR and ended up with two of them Silver rated 81 at pick #16 and Harper rated 72 at #64. Also had scouted TE and picked up Bullock rated 74 in at pick #48. Had not scouted anything else in depth and so rounds 5-7 ended up being players who probably be cut to make the roster requirements.

Berty44 wrote: »
    I had scouted QB very heavily and picked #15 Merrian who had good scouting on him. He is not as good as I thought rated 74 and with the important attributes same as Cassel. The thing is he turned out to be the highest rated QB when I looked at all the rookies on the rosters afterwards. After that I had scouted WR and ended up with two of them Silver rated 81 at pick #32 and Harper rated 72 at #64. Also had scouted TE and picked up Bullock rated 74 in at pick #48. Had not scouted anything else in depth and so rounds 5-7 ended up being players who probably be cut to make the roster requirements.

Are you using Merrian in his correct scheme yeah? He might go up a few rating points if you change your QB scheme to suit him. My RE I drafted was a 68 in the scheme I had, changed it to Run Stopper and he went to 83.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

just did a practice there and have to say i'm very happy with my rookie draft... on offense anyway.

1. Joshua Mosely... TE74 ovr Picked up as a replacement for Dallas Clark. only 74 ovr but caught everything in practice thrown by the rookie receiver.

2.Jason Brewer... HB 75 ovr again nice catching and can run to outside with ease with a 96 speed. Something I lacked last season with Martin and Hightower.

3.Daniel Zagzebski... QB 73 ovr If it wasn't so hard to spell he'd definatley be starting :p Sorry Weber but this guy looks solid.

4.Terrell Reese... LOLB 76 ovr Traded up to get him in the fourth, albeit due to luck on my part, forgot to play him in practice.

5.Jonathon Dixon... CB 67 ovr

6. Chris Johnson... WR 73 ovr. can't wait 'till week 5 v Lions cause Johnson is definitely scoring... not the one you might think though

7.Davis Noel... CB 72 ovr.. a flyer, decent ratings for 7th round pick 89 man coverage... if only it could have been zone.

obviously practice v cpu doesn't count for much so looking forward to friday Berty

Advertisement