Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecce Scheme

• 07-01-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

Just wondering if you had a baby in the creche full time,how much should the fees be reduced when he starts the ecce scheme?assuming you want it spread over the 1 year period?any thoughts welcome,and anybody with baby in creche going through similar please share ir pm,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

maneno wrote: »
    Just wondering if you had a baby in the creche full time,how much should the fees be reduced when he starts the ecce scheme?assuming you want it spread over the 1 year period?any thoughts welcome,and anybody with baby in creche going through similar please share ir pm,thanks

ECCE scheme is only for preschoolers, not babies. It entitles them to 15 hours of free preschool care per week. The following link has a bit more info on the matter:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/pre_school_education_and_childcare/early_childhood_care_and_education_scheme.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭maneno

ECCE scheme is only for preschoolers, not babies. It entitles them to 15 hours of free preschool care per week. The following link has a bit more info on the matter:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/pre_school_education_and_childcare/early_childhood_care_and_education_scheme.html

Hi,my "baby" will be 3.5 yrs coming september,was just using the word baby,not to mean he,she was young,sorry for the confusion,am aware of the 62.5 e over 38wks, just wanted to know what the creches are reducing the amount by just so i know in advance,
    Is it set in stone how much they should reduce it by,reason being my creche saying 160e per month and its not adding up,
    Sorry for long post

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the fees will be reduced by 62.50e a week. pretty self-explanatory:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

maneno wrote: »

Hi,my "baby" will be 3.5 yrs coming september,was just using the word baby,not to mean he,she was young,sorry for the confusion,am aware of the 62.5 e over 38wks, just wanted to know what the creches are reducing the amount by just so i know in advance,
    Is it set in stone how much they should reduce it by,reason being my creche saying 160e per month and its not adding up,
    Sorry for long post

If its over the entire year then it works out at €209 per month which would be deducted from your fees for 12 months. That's how it was for my son in crèche last year.

You should be able to call the Dublin Childcare Committee of you need clarification but the crèche is wrong with 160 if he is in 5 days. If he attends less than 5 days then this would be pro-rated, so 4 days would only be reduced by €160.

Advertisement