Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman beats her 7 year old son to death for not learning Koran verses

• 07-01-2013 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-20920649
    A mother who beat her seven-year-old son to death when he failed to memorise passages from the Koran has been jailed for life, for a minimum of 17 years.

The judge told Sara Ege, 33, she subjected Yaseen Ege to prolonged cruelty and a ferocious beating at home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, in July 2010.

She also set fire to his body, and was convicted after a five-week trial.

Truly shocking, vile woman.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sick world. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

B*tch should never be released :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RIP to the poor little boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Fcuk.

Reading those statements from his teachers is harsh. Kid was obviously a nice little chap. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

She got prison? Oh I see it was in the UK. In the Jemen she would have got a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Crazy bitch, poor little fella :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

This is really messed up, and she just contradicted her entire life since she will be going to hell (in respect to her belief)

inb4 anyone says this is normal in Islam, because it isn't and I'm born Muslim and physically abusing anyone is forbidden, regardless of what some extremists or radicals or media will tell you or have you believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

what ya on about the teachers comments harsh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭gidget

17 years minimum! Disgraceful. Should be never let out. RIP to the little lad. Goodness knows whatever else he must of went through before he died.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mrDerek wrote: »
    what ya on about the teachers comments harsh?

Its hard to read the teachers comments about what a nice little boy he was considering how his mother killed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Tragic case...RIP to the wee lad.
    You get sickos everywhere, in every colour, and of every religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

RIP lil man :(

A literal example of Richard Dawkins statement that religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

This is really messed up, and she just contradicted her entire life since she will be going to hell (in respect to her belief)

inb4 anyone says this is normal in Islam, because it isn't and I'm born Muslim and physically abusing anyone is forbidden, regardless of what some extremists or radicals or media will tell you or have you believe.

And you're a Freemason as well?

And you're a Freemason as well?

Why not? Freemasons aren't based on any particular religious creed. Just that you accept the idea of God as the utmost being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Took 5 weeks to convict her???

Sharpen up Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Inb4IrishConvert comes to defend Islam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Took 5 weeks to convict her???

Sharpen up Wales

Would have taken 5 years here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

This in itself isn't Islam though. In the same way the beatings administered to children in Irish institutions run by religious orders wasn't Christianity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

When I read this

"In it, Sara Ege described how Yaseen collapsed after she had beaten him while still murmuring extracts of the Koran.

"He was breathing as if he was asleep when I left him," she said. "He was still murmuring the same thing over and over again. I thought that he was just tired."

And I've a small man upstairs in bed; reading that nearly brought me to tears :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

gidget wrote: »
    17 years minimum! Disgraceful. Should be never let out. RIP to the little lad. Goodness knows whatever else he must of went through before he died.

you're confusing minimum with maximum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

When a parent beats their child to death, it's not FOR any other reason than the parent being a violent scumbag.

The article talks about the mother getting (or almost getting) some special koran memorising prize, and she wanted the son to get it too. It could have been about getting 10/10 in his spelling test every Friday in a term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

WindSock wrote: »
    When a parent beats their child to death, it's not FOR any other reason than the parent being a violent scumbag.

Or being blindly indoctrinated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

May you rot in hell you disgusting animal of a woman! Although I'm shocked and appalled that the father let her beat the poor little fella that much. I would have ripped her face open if she even raised a spoon to my child for not learning some religious ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

RIP lil man :(

A literal example of Richard Dawkins statement that religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse.

I don't agree. I don't think this is a literal example of what he meant even if she did kill the kid purely out of religious fundamentalism, but I don't think that either. I think she is probably just mental and if she wasn't a muslim would be finding some other excuse to horrible stuff.

Crazy
    Unbalanced
    Nasty
    Tyrant

efb wrote: »
    Or being blindly indoctrinated

Then all blindly indictrinated fundamentalists would murder their children if they're not up to standard with their religious learnings, not just the mentalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

That has shocked me to my core. That poor poor little boy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

What. The. Flip. Is. Happening. With. Wales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Would be very easy to blame this on Islam when in reality she was just a stone cold demented woman, unfit to have been a mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

The poor wee man..... All murders of children and abuse towards children is so so wrong, but it never fails to sicken me when I hear about a parent killing their child. Where does it all go wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

WindSock wrote: »

She's probably severely mentally ill, and in relation to that statement above (though not applicable to this case due to his age) but consider the issue of infanticide and its treatment by the law, most people would regard the 1920's English legal system as pretty harsh and not particularly understanding of mental health issues (and sexist to boot) but even then infanticide was generally treated much less strictly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide_Act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

whole thing smaks of ani-muslim or something. only she and her child know the way this played out and if it had anything to do with not learning the khoran. I havent read the piece but unless it quotes her somewhere in there saying that she did it because the child didnt learn the khoran then wtf you making a thread title like that for :confused:

too much dailyfail for you boy read a real paper

She's probably severely mentally ill, and in relation to that statement above (though not applicable to this case due to his age) but consider the issue of infanticide and its treatment by the law, most people would regard the 1920's English legal system as pretty harsh and not particularly understanding of mental health issues (and sexist to boot) but even then infanticide was generally treated much less strictly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide_Act

Ah yeah of course, I meant nor to just blame it on religion, she didn't do it soley because he couldn't learn the Koran.

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    whole thing smaks of ani-muslim or something. only she and her child know the way this played out and if it had anything to do with not learning the khoran. I havent read the piece but unless it quotes her somewhere in there saying that she did it because the child didnt learn the khoran then wtf you making a thread title like that for :confused:

In fairness the BBC don't have a newspaper. And they often make up quotes from a judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Poor little angel, my heart goes out to him.

How did the father not notice something was wrong in the house, if he had been beaten over a period of time, surely there was physical signs also the childs behaviour must have changed under the conditions she was making the child adhere to here- repetitive learning. I notice every little bruise my children have when washing them or helping them to get dressed. She was obviously a sick nut bag, but I don't understand the father not noticing anything.

yeah beeb is very anti islam... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

unkel wrote: »
    She got prison? Oh I see it was in the UK. In the Jemen she would have got a medal.

That's a pretty revolting thing to say. Not only that but as a mod you would have someone warned, infracted or banned for such a shabby and infantile comment if they spat out such a thing.

The woman is obviously unhinged and to do such a thing to any human being let alone a small boy.....her OWN even demonstrates that she cannot be of sane mind.

That you would state that she would have been rewarded for such a horror in another part of the world is stomach-churning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Would have taken 5 years here...

pal I shudder at the thought of the train wreck that case would have become in the Irish court system :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What gets me about those who go through with beating their child to death is that at some point the child must have pleaded with his mam to stop, those pleas fell on deaf ears. That being is a fcuking animal and animals like that should be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

Yes yes this isn't what islam is about and the majority of muslims don't beat their sons/daughters/wives to death etc, but why when cases like this emerge - the religion involved is typically islam? How often do you hear of hare krishnas or buddhists beating their children to death for not meditating properly, or not singing and cooking vegetarian food?

Why is it that if you left the word "Koran" out of the thread title, I could hazard a guess at filling the blank and most likely be correct.

I suppose I'm not allowed question that though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It's nothing to do with Islam. Protestents, catholics, Jews or any other faith have child abusers in their midst.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with Islam. Protestents, catholics, Jews or any other faith have child abusers in their midst.

Obviously, but the frequency which they beat their children to death in the name of religion seem miniscule in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

Read the OP. It's exactly how it sounds. If you can't even get the source right don't assume it's some kind of slight against Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

She'll do no jail time for this, or very little. Either she's "mentally disturbed" and that renders her immune to taking any responsibility for her actions, or else they'll let her off on grounds of not wanting to seem religiously intolerant.

Sure it sounds like I'm trolling, doesn't it? Wait and see what happens.

She'll do no jail time for this, or very little. Either she's "mentally disturbed" and that renders her immune to taking any responsibility for her actions, or else they'll let her off on grounds of not wanting to seem religiously intolerant.

Sure it sounds like I'm trolling, doesn't it? Wait and see what happens.

She's convicted. Guilty. Sent down for porridge at Her Majesty's pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

Religion is irrelevant here. No part of Islam that I am aware of could be twisted into justifying this.

There are some terrible things done because the misinterpretation of Islam by evil people and even then religion is just an excuse for them to wield power over people. This is all down to a sociopathic mother.

If it wasn't not learning the Koran it would have been something else. I don't think that poor child had a chance of surviving that home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jacob T wrote: »
    Yes yes this isn't what islam is about and the majority of muslims don't beat their sons/daughters/wives to death etc, but why when cases like this emerge - the religion involved is typically islam? How often do you hear of hare krishnas or buddhists beating their children to death for not meditating properly, or not singing and cooking vegetarian food?

Why is it that if you left the word "Koran" out of the thread title, I could hazard a guess at filling the blank and most likely be correct.

I suppose I'm not allowed question that though :rolleyes:

Oh ffs - here we go with the all muslims are child murderers

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

She'll do no jail time for this, or very little.
    What on earth made you come out with that? :confused:
    Either she's "mentally disturbed"
    Why the quote-marks? And being mentally disturbed and beating one's own child to death would surely land them in the nut-house?
    The bullsh1t that severe mental illness is an "excuse" and the person gets away with it and psychiatric experts finding them mentally ill = going soft... is getting quite grating. Seems like a serious lack of understanding as to what very severe mental illness can sometimes cause. If they're not deemed insane, they won't be diagnosed as insane. It's not something that's lied about by psychiatrists.
    and that renders her immune to taking any responsibility for her actions
    Like it or not, that's what insanity can do - should it be pretended that it can't? The person still gets incarcerated in a maximum security psychiatric facility - what do you feel should be done?
    or else they'll let her off on grounds of not wanting to seem religiously intolerant.
    Even though she beat her own small child to death? Ah come on, political correctness isn't gone THAT mad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement