Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman beats her 7 year old son to death for not learning Koran verses

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Abraham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jacob T wrote: »
    Yes yes this isn't what islam is about and the majority of muslims don't beat their sons/daughters/wives to death etc, but why when cases like this emerge - the religion involved is typically islam? How often do you hear of hare krishnas or buddhists beating their children to death for not meditating properly, or not singing and cooking vegetarian food?

Why is it that if you left the word "Koran" out of the thread title, I could hazard a guess at filling the blank and most likely be correct.

I suppose I'm not allowed question that though :rolleyes:

I like religion bashing at the best of times but in this case the lady was simply mental. Take religion out of the equation and the child was just as likely to have been beaten to death for not memorising Winnie the Pooh.

As for it being a muslim only issue all it takes is a simple google to show that as a ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

unkel wrote: »
    She got prison? Oh I see it was in the UK. In the Jemen she would have got a medal.

If you are going to bash an entire country you might want to spell its name correctly.
    That's a pretty revolting thing to say. Not only that but as a mod you would have someone warned, infracted or banned for such a shabby and infantile comment if they spat out such a thing.

As much as I agree with your comment, I cannot help but notice you don't show the same outrage about generalisation when it comes to discussing America.

You might reflect on that.
    America's nutcase gun culture and paranoid paralysing fear of everything from germs on the door handle to North bloody Korea.
    People in America are this biggest cowards in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

how did the trial take 5 weeks? It should have been done in a day,... life sentence, throw away the key, good luck and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

All religion should be banned and anyone found practicing it should be punished by imprisonment

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

Henlars67 wrote: »
    All religion should be banned and anyone found practicing it should be punished by imprisonment

What a well thought out and intelligent post. Please tell me more. I'm interested in the faultless logic behind this argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Read the OP. It's exactly how it sounds. If you can't even get the source right don't assume it's some kind of slight against Muslims.

and read my post I didnt say dailymail I said dailyfail. the source may be exactly as it sounds but that is bollox too :rolleyes:

only way I believe a judge said something as retarded as that word for word is if it from one of the women who record the trial dialogue on one of those typing machines, or from a tape of him saying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just as a (hopefully) caring human being, besides being a parent of four, when I heard about this case as with others of child abuse, I try not to read too much of the details because such things sicken me deeply.

Besides the natural emotion to wish to see such evil people be tortured daily for the rest of their lives for their cruelty to innocent kids, in reality and with better sense I think such evil people should never be set free again out to the outside world.

Child (and animal) cruelty sickens me to the core.

I hope the poor child rests in peace - and if there is a god and heaven, he is forever more wrapped in the loving arms of someone that truly loves him and he feels that love.

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Difference Engine

IM0 wrote: »

and read my post I didnt say dailymail I said dailyfail. the source may be exactly as it sounds but that is bollox too :rolleyes:

only way I believe a judge said something as retarded as that word for word is if it from one of the women who record the trial dialogue on one of those typing machines, or from a tape of him saying it.

What is dailyfail supposed to mean? The BBC are a lot of things but they can't be accused of bias against minorities. Whether you like it or not they are a reputable source.

Have you read the OP yet? You got up on your high horse looking for some imagined insult against Muslims after reading nothing more than the title of the thread.

Inform yourself at least before you draw the wrong conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That's a pretty revolting thing to say. Not only that but as a mod you would have someone warned, infracted or banned for such a shabby and infantile comment if they spat out such a thing.

The woman is obviously unhinged and to do such a thing to any human being let alone a small boy.....her OWN even demonstrates that she cannot be of sane mind.

That you would state that she would have been rewarded for such a horror in another part of the world is stomach-churning.

It's not that far fetched to think she would have been rewarded for enforcing the learning of the Koran in a Muslim country given that women in some of those countries have been accused, convicted and lashed/stoned for adultery when they themselves have been raped.

They have a fcuked up way of seeing things in certain Muslim countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Drakares wrote: »
    Inb4IrishConvert comes to defend Islam.

Why would anyone even bother to make such a pointless contribution?
    Madam_X wrote: »
    This in itself isn't Islam though. In the same way the beatings administered to children in Irish institutions run by religious orders wasn't Christianity.

I absolutely agree with you there.

Advertisement