Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 The year of the tri

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Woo hoo... HUGEST congrats there Dave.
    He's ready for school at that weight.. :D
    Well done to the missus and enjoy the newborn cuddles..
    Welcome to the mad world Darragh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Congrats dave and mrs red face!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Woo hoo!!! Well that is fantastic news - congratulations! :D Love the name, Darragh, and I'm sure it sounds even better with an Irish accent! So, so happy for you and the missus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Showed my wife your post and she fainted :) Congrats on the great news.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well done to your missus on a heck of an endurance event!

A welcome to Darragh from me, too. Virtual hugs to the whole red face family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

griffin100 wrote: »
    Showed my wife your post and she fainted :) Congrats on the great news.

He is getting that reaction quiet a bit;) He is a big lad

Not getting much done these last 2 weeks bar pushing a pram. Hope to start back tomorrow with some slow jogging. I suppose that's the end of my triathlons for 2013 but roll on next year starting with Portlaoise in April

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Hey, don't underestimate pram pushing! :D

Ah, you've a whole winter to get some good training under your belt (well, that's my plan anyway).

Hope little Darragh is giving you and the wife an easy time of it. ;)

Finally I started back on Tuesday between the late nights and a crap internet connection I have not been online lately. The aim for the rest of the year is to concentrate on fitness and maybe try and tackle a half marathon but the love for running is not really there at the moment. Just going to run by feel for a couple of weeks and leave the garmin at home. Also need to make a few improvements to bike before next year.

Tuesday 5k

Having been out of action for a while I finally got the time to head for a run. I knew it would not be easy, its amazing how much fitness you can lose in the space of 3 weeks but I finished.

Wednesday 5k

Much the same as yesterday but with heavy legs. Just going to spend the next week and half on running and then hit the pool. Need to make some time for the bike also.

Its great to be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Not getting much done these last 2 weeks bar pushing a pram. Hope to start back tomorrow with some slow jogging. I suppose that's the end of my triathlons for 2013 but roll on next year starting with Portlaoise in April

And buying crisps in Tesco;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats Dave to you and B on the birth of baby Darragh. May you have nothing but good fun times together. Enjoy because in a blink of an eye there are all grown up!!;)

Thanks Anne. Its great we see changes in him everyday. Not on here as much lately as no internet at home fecking O2. Still training away hitting the pool and roads. Need to make some time for the bike.

Elvis the demon crisps have gone its now salads :-)

Well its 2014 and I'm still alive just about. Darragh now is 5 months so its time to start preparations for 2014 season. Have only got bits and pieces done since November a lack of sleep has been a major obstacle.

Plan for the year is Portlaoise in April, Ballina again in July and a few others hopefully lined up.

Started back training this week proper with a couple of sessions on the turbo and I'm starting back in the pool on Monday. I was hoping to do an Olympic distance this year but I will put that back until next year and concentrate on getting my sprint time down.

Its good to be back :-)

Advertisement