Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 The year of the tri

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

The bike is a bit of a problem alright but hopefully I will have that sorted as I hope to be getting a turbo trainer which I will be able to spend more time on the bike. Loads more brick sessions needed. Also going to join a club next year.

Thanks for your suggestions all much appreciated and welcomed

Not getting much done lately.

Sunday

1 hour run on the treadmill.

Tuesday

6.5km. Maybe all this run training is paying off. Felt great weather was just right. Held the pace fairly well and have to say its the first time in along time that I actually enjoyed the run.

Hope to head for both a run and cycle tomorrow. First time back on the bike since the race

Brick Session

22k cycle - First 11 was done at an average speed of 32 kph. Felt great smashing evening no issue with bike. Second 11km pace dropped to 27.8 kph and started to struggle a bit.

This is where I'm having a problem on the bike. I go off to quick and then I cant sustain it for the second half need to work on constant speed.

3km run

Just left the bike down and off I went nothing to major but enough to work up a sweat. All my cycles for now on will end with a run of some length.

Legs were heavy after yesterday. So just used today's run as a recovery. Struggling with hydration today no matter how much water and hydration tablets I drank just cant seem to get hydrated.

5k (very slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Legs were heavy after yesterday. So just used today's run as a recovery. Struggling with hydration today no matter how much water and hydration tablets I drank just cant seem to get hydrated.

5k (very slow)

Were you in a blue top, i think i waved at you at Pet Care.

• Advertisement

Sorry never saw you, I must have been in the zone or the sweat was in my eyes:P:P

Brick Saturday

Headed out the door early this morning (7.45) wanted to get it done before the sun got to much.
    25k cycle. Instead of always having a fast first 10k and a weak second I'm now trying to keep my speed at an constant for the duration. So between 25 -28 kph and work on increasing it every second week. Its a work in progress

Landed home and just did a quick 15 minute run.

Couple of days off now as I'm heading to see Kraftwerk tomorrow in Dublin so that's Monday wrote off. I cant wait:D

After 3 days off it was time to get back on the horse.

Just did a slow 25 minute run, Slow very slow I reckon I got rid of most of the drink from Sunday by now. I must be getting old I'm not able for it anymore takes me days to recover.
    Roll on the next time:D

Had to do today's run on the treadmill (boring).

30 minutes with varied speeds. My wife has taken to nesting now so had to give a hand with the mid week clean. Hope to get a brick session done on Saturday and a run on Sunday and then back to normal come Monday I so miss the pool, just could not get the time these last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

When is the missus due?? :D

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    When is the missus due?? :D

Only 2 weeks to go Dory. Excited and scared but she is doing great and its not easy in this warm weather

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Oooh exciting times Dave! Best of luck :D

Not much done.

26k cycle on Saturday keeping the speed at an average of 28kph kept the speed as close to 28 at all times. Came home and went for a quick 5k run.

Back to the pool tomorrow. Hoping to do a run at lunch and a swim in the evening.

Going to start upping my miles on the bike starting this Saturday before the weather starts to get bad again.

5k run (lunch)

Felt like today that all that extra running was starting to pay off. I forgot the watch but it felt quicker then I have gone in a long time still felt fairly fresh when finished

1,260 swim (After work)

Finally back in the pool. It was great to be back. Didn't want to push it to much.
    Did 3 sets of 20 lengths moderate effort and 10 lengths to cool down

Same again tomorrow

Legs were in bits after yesterday, very sore and heavy.

Didn't manage to get out for a run today rain was just to bad.

Headed to the pool after work. 1,150 meter swim (I'm really going to have to learn how to round up totals)
    Three sets of 20 lengths and 4 warm down.

360 meters - Warm up
    360 meters - 6 minutes
    360 meters - Concentrating on stroke and body position

5k run (lunch)

Had no choice but take it easy. I have a blister on the side of my foot since Tuesday and the runner kept hitting of it making it very uncomfortable and sore. Was great when finish not to tired, going to up my daily runs for next week.

1,242 swim

100 meters warm up
    750 meters straight swim with one small break for a drink
    100 meters just concentrating on kicking
    100 meters on stroke
    190 Mixture of freestyle and breaststroke

Saturday

6k run. Just a plan boring run on the treadmill.

Sunday

Up early (8 am) Love this time on a Sunday.

30 km cycle in 1.05
    Trying to spend alot more time in the saddle. Did my usual 13km and then decided to take a new route. While it was a lovely road along the canal, the road itself was a disaster could not manage to get any speed going because of the surface and holes. Finished with still a bit in the tank but decided against the run as I'm trying to get this blister to heal.

Finishing off a great day with a Mayo win. Pretty good Sunday in my book:)

1,512 meter swim

4 lengths to warm up

540 meters (30 lengths)
    540 meters (30 lengths)
    360 meters (20 lengths)

My furthest swim for a long time and really enjoyed it. All done well under half hour mark. Was fairly tired when finished

Much the same as yesterday. 1,512 meter swim

Broke today up into 4 sets of 20 and 4 lengths to warm up

First 360 was done at an average pace
    Second 360 was done at 100% effort
    Third 360 I felt like a child splashing around in the tub. I was taking on more water then the titanic just could not get into a proper rhythm
    Fourth 360 just wanted to get out quick. Got a very tight left hamstring and needed a good stretch.

Had to be pushed out of the bed this morning. So so tired.

30k in 1.03 average pace of 29kph

Felt great today. First 10k averaged 30kph was going great plus the wind was at my back. Second 10k was not as good as the pace dropped to 28kph as it was fairly hilly and a cross wind to deal with turned into a bit of a slog. Last 10k was grand managed to up the speed again to around 29kph.

Finished with plenty in the tank

• Advertisement

Quick 25 minute run

Cant go to far from the house these day. Still on hospital watch. So I just used the treadmill for today upping the tempo every 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I knew it was getting close!!! :D

Only 1 day to go:eek::eek::eek:

1,152 meter swim

6 x 180 meter sets all done at 85% effort with 1 minute break between each.

4 lengths to finish off

First day back playing football since May, played for 1.5 hours counting this as cross training because I'm in pain now not used to using these muscles .

Headed to the pool after just for a quick cool down swim, 500 meters done.

In a world of pain today, maybe I'm to old for that football

Used today swim session as a recovery session
    1,200 meter swim.

I could swear my swimming was better today because my body was so tired. Only could keep a slow pace which meant my technique was better.

Still no movement yet. Things are starting to get exciting and very nervous, hopefully it wont be much longer

Because we are house bound all my runs are been done on the treadmill which is not to bad.

Just managed 30 minutes today while upping the pace every 5 minutes. I more then likely wont get out on the bike this weekend so its another run tomorrow

1,100 meter swim

360 - 50% effort
    360 - 80% effort
    378 - First have done at 100% second half done at 50%

Could have done at good bit more but I was on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Seeing you had updated today after a brief absence I thought there was news.
    That smallie is keeping you on your toes before he/she even arrives!
    Well done on getting the swim in though ;)

He/she is not playing ball at all but the wife is doing a great job.

1,440 meter swim

Sets of 360, 360, 468, 180, 72.

Not to bad when I got out legs felt fairly fresh

• Advertisement

No training done for the last 2 days but I was a very busy man.

Little red face (Darragh) decided to make an appearance at 00.52 today. He didn't make my wife's life easy weighing in at
    9lbs 9ozs but she showed him who is boss. New respect for hospital workers and in particular women I'm not sure how ye do it but bloody good work.

One very happy and very tired red face

Advertisement