Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knitting Groups in Greystones

Options
  • 07-01-2013 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10

Hi There,
    Does anyone know of a Knitting group in Greystones?
    I found this one listed on a different site but can anyone tell me if there are any others or if this one is still happening?

Greystones: Presbyterian Hall, Trafalgar Road, Greystones every Monday during school term time from 10.30am - 12.00noon

Also, just wondering if anyone knows of any other groups in Greystones that are either free to join or have a small joining fee? I would love to meet new people in the area as I have been away for the past 10 years and would love to build a new circle of friends.

Warm wishes

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is a list of community groups here

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/community-directory/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Also Bridge, there are a few clubs operating from the bridge centre.
    Greystones Bridge Centre

Bridge Clubs and Classes

Phone: 012873633

Address: Victoria Rd, GREYSTONES, WICKLOW

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

Hi There,
    I found this one listed on a different site but can anyone tell me if there are any others or if this one is still happening?

Greystones: Presbyterian Hall, Trafalgar Road, Greystones every Monday during school term time from 10.30am - 12.00noon

Also, just wondering if anyone knows of any other groups in Greystones that are either free to join or have a small joining fee? I would love to meet new people in the area as I have been away for the past 10 years and would love to build a new circle of friends.

Warm wishes

B

I think there is a knitting group in Sommerville or The Burnaby?? Keep meaning to find out but have not got round to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

Hi There,

Warm wishes

B
    Yes, the group thats meets in the Presbyterian Hall is still going..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Mrs Robinsons are thinking of starting a monthly Book Club - maybe call in to them to see if they are going ahead with it - also check out the Greystones Open Forum on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/groups/GreystonesOpenForum/) - lots of community stuff gets posted there.

homer911 wrote: »
    Yes, the group thats meets in the Presbyterian Hall is still going..

Have you more information about this group, when it's on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

Spongebopp wrote: »
    Have you more information about this group, when it's on etc.

I'm sorry, I dont have the details to hand, but I think they still meet at 10:30 on a Monday

If you contact Jayme Amick, I think she "runs" the group (she's american btw)

http://www.greystonespc.org/contactus.html

I do know that while they meet in the church hall, its principally a community group and they have little if anything to do with the church itself

As far as I know its free to attend, but they may ask you to bring a packet of biscuits sometime!

homer911 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I dont have the details to hand, but I think they still meet at 10:30 on a Monday

If you contact Jayme Amick, I think she "runs" the group (she's american btw)

http://www.greystonespc.org/contactus.html

I do know that while they meet in the church hall, its principally a community group and they have little if anything to do with the church itself

As far as I know its free to attend, but they may ask you to bring a packet of biscuits sometime!

Ah it's a day time thing, I am a Full Time working Mum...wish I was around at 10.30 am on a Monday Morning, to stitch and chat, sadly am not, one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Spongebopp wrote: »
    Ah it's a day time thing, I am a Full Time working Mum...wish I was around at 10.30 am on a Monday Morning, to stitch and chat, sadly am not, one day!
    There is a group called Knit Wits who meet in Hillside Evangelical Church on Tues nights 7.30 - 9.30. It's not restricted to just knitting, they serve refreshments and there is no fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

sorry for off topic but is there any wool shops in greystones?

j@utis wrote: »
    sorry for off topic but is there any wool shops in greystones?

No wool shop in Greystones, there is a new one open in Newtownmountkennedy. Or else Shaws in Dun Laoighre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MelanieB

The wool shop Wicklow Wool opened up in Newtownmountkennedy opp the entrance to Dunnes 6 weeks ago. Rosemary the owner is fab and has helped me loads! I am knitting a dress for my 5 year old at the mo.

I also go to the Nazarene Church once every month on the 2nd monday of the month 8-10pm for a Craft night and just put in a donation for teas and coffees. They have people doing crochet, knitting, sewing, dressmaking, cardmaking, decorating jewellery boxes and all sorts of stuff. Nice group, great craic, so would recommend that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 50 Shades of..!

Hi new to boards here im so addicted to crochet! A new wool shop open in baltinglass in wicklow called Slaney discounts beside the post office. great selection of wool colours hooks needles. 100g balls double knit 3 for €6 . great value and they just opened a facebook page they are looking to get more likes! They sell all handmade furniture and toys they are so cute on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Silby

Hi, I'm a newbie on boards so forgive me if I've jumped into this thread. I wasn't sure how to get the info I'm looking for, which is a 50g ball of a particular wool I bought in Lidl a couple of years ago.

The wool is chocolate brown and is called San Marino Knitting Yarn for needle No.5. I just need one ball of it to complete a cardigan I'm making. If anyone has one, please get in touch. Thanks.:)

Advertisement