Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You should be able to grab a few backups after the draft for cheap enough to one year deals, that's my plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hmmm did go over on all guys I wanted but might go a little more as I still have 20mil left after 6 decent offers, do I need to have a look at guys coming out of contracts next season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You do if you are offering multi year deals as these generally get more expensive each year. The spreadsheet I posted helps in this regard if you have the patience to fill it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

It is so hard to figure that out on the website... just gives you the totals over the years

I'm not even sure if the 'desired salary' is per year or for all the years they want

I've either low balled most people or over paid on others...

It's per year that they are looking for.

• Advertisement

So glad I franchise tagged Houston, $10m but my Suh trade paid for that.

Not much in the way of good corners there in FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's per year that they are looking for.

Balls. I massively undershot a few of them then...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Go back and re-bid neko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

A lot of the players I looked at had very low interest, even ones that fit the scheme and I have no player for that position....what's the problem like?

Secondly, draft money set aside is 9.8m or thereabouts but I have 15 draft picks!
    2-1st, 2-2nds, 4-3rds, 2-4s, 1-5th, 2-6s,2-7s. Is this enough does anyone know?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah the draft money is guranteed, so a 1st round pick will get X and a 2nd round pick will get Y.

IF you trade a first pick, you will see you rookie reserve go down by X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Ok finished bidding for the players i want and still have some money left.

Special thanks goes to the percentage calculator i found online, great help :)
    Maths was never my strongest subject at school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Ok finished bidding for the players i want and still have some money left.

Special thanks goes to the percentage calculator i found online, great help :)
    Maths was never my strongest subject at school

I had to get the calculator with a % button my phone didn't have a % button i could remember if you had to multiply or divide by 20 you would never guess i barely managed to pass maths it the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Was player interest low for everyone? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Pudsy33 wrote: »

It was for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Was for me too, every player!
    They probably all want to play for the chiefs!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Was for me too, every player!
    They probably all want to play for the chiefs!

Lets not get carried away.. they are still the Chiefs!!

Tbh I think its just set to low for everyone!

Ok, I have a bit of an issue. Went onto xbox, made my offers, and all the while I had a trade with Heli pending. I didn't take into account the effect this would have on my cap. So I had 1M in spare room, then he accepted, now I am 2m over the limit. I tried to go into my negotiations to cancel some of my offers but it won't let me. I says I dont have the money to make an offer, despite the fact I'm trying to cancel offers!

So, do I have to cut people now the get under the cap? Or can I wait until the advancement tomorrow and hope some of my free agents don't sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did you try to access it through the my negotiations tab or the main screen?

Can you not go onto Xbox and "withdraw Offer"?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Did you try to access it through the my negotiations tab or the main screen?
    My negotiations!
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Can you not go onto Xbox and "withdraw Offer"?

Nope, when I got to my negotiations and click on the player, I get a message to the effect of "You dont have the money to make an offer to ******* "

Usually when you click on it it gives you 3 options; to increase, withdraw or leave. I can't even get that far!

• Advertisement

My negotiations!

Nope, when I got to my negotiations and click on the player, I get a message to the effect of "You dont have the money to make an offer to ******* "

Usually when you click on it it gives you 3 options; to increase, withdraw or leave. I can't even get that far!

That's gammy, guess you gona have to sit and hope you don't go over tomorrow night.

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's gammy, guess you gona have to sit and hope you don't go over tomorrow night.

If I do it cutting time!

I'll try the website and see if I can fix it.

Edit: No, of course not. The website only has like 20 players on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Nobody wants to play for the Chiefs either! Every player I looked at last night, their interest was low.

You'd think wit the cap and fa being such a major part of madden ea would have at the Kesw least released a patch at this stage to sort all the bugs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When does this advance lads? Tomorrow?

Have to go back on now and make sure I'm not breaching the rules as I totally forgot about that 20% bonus rule and I have no idea what I offered.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    When does this advance lads? Tomorrow?

Have to go back on now and make sure I'm not breaching the rules as I totally forgot about that 20% bonus rule and I have no idea what I offered.

It's unlikely you went over, the default is far far below 20%

I went over in a few cases, some of them defaulted to well above 20%.

It's 20% of the total salary right? I wasn't even close.

Yeah, the bonus component can be up to 20% of the total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

It's 20% of the total salary right? I wasn't even close.

When you are offering the contract just divide the salary (3mill/year) by 5 and thats the max bonus (600k/year).

Advertisement