Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lads a question regardings schemes and signing players?
    My offense scheme is spread
    Why is it some players who's scheme is spread are coming up as a poor fit?
    I'm even getting players who are power run as saying there are a good fit
    Basically on the free agent screen should I pay more attention to the player scheme or rather if he is a good fit regardless of the player scheme

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Right lads... as we seem to be struggling...

1+1= 2

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Basically on the free agent screen should I pay more attention to the player scheme or rather if he is a good fit regardless of the player scheme

tbh, i dont pay a huge amount of importance to it (cromartie is a 3-4 CB)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

You also have player type, in addition to offense scheme. If your O-Scheme is say, power run, then you will want Run Blocker or Big Mauler O-Line rather than pass blocker o-linemen. Similarly if you run a Tampa 2 D, then you would [probably] want a Cover 2 LB, rather than a run stopper or a pass rusher LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Its saying he's a bad fit because of his style eg a centre might be a spread player but a big mauler style whereas CPU might think a passer is a better fit for your offence. Similarly a cb might be 3-4 and fit your scheme but could be a zone player instead of man to man which is better for your style according to CPU and as a result will come up as a poor fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What happens if I go over the cap? Do I just keep cutting players until it's down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So all in all I should ignore what it says under player scheme and scheme fit to a degree and go with what I think myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It's 20% of the total salary right? I wasn't even close.

Bah! I thought it was 20% of the wage and went in and reduced the bonuses on most of them. Think the only one I was near an infringement on was trying to get Eben Britton back, which I don't have much chance doing seeing as 4 others have made bids, think I was like 1m bonus on a contract worth 4.5m?

Should be fine so. Didn't realise I need to bring in as many as I do, I need 16 players to have a final 53 (obviously not all FA's but I don't have strong draft picks)! How many does everyone else need?

You dont actually need 53 players mikey...
    Thats just the max limit for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

So all in all I should ignore what it says under player scheme and scheme fit to a degree and go with what I think myself

well yes and no... It depends on how you call your plays. If the game is telling you a man to man cb is a poor fit then it is likely that if you use that quick gameplan selection or the ask madden selection you will be given mostly zone plays to choose from.

If a cb's style is man to man its pretty much guaranteed that his man to man attributes are going to be better than his zonal attributes. How much better I don't know. It can be quit important depending on how you select your plays.

another example would be your LB, if you have a run stopper because he has a high overall but generally run a zonal defense then he could actually hurt you as he may have poor zonal marking attributes.

I generally wouldn't be to bothered with the scheme but would consider the style before I make my bid. If the style suits bid more if it doesn't then don't overspend.

• Advertisement

You dont actually need 53 players mikey...
    Thats just the max limit for the season

Oh I see, I'll be aiming for 53 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'm in a bit of a mess...

I currently have 36 players :pac:

0 Qb's and no kicker.....If these signings dont pull through I'm ****ed for the 1st preseason game

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a mess...

I currently have 36 players :pac:

0 Qb's and no kicker.....If these signings dont pull through I'm ****ed for the 1st preseason game

You could just cut out the middle man and run Adrian Peterson out of the wildcat.

:pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You could just cut out the middle man and run Adrian Peterson out of the wildcat.

:pac:

ah sure jaysus I forgot there's always the draft....

7th round for my kicker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

ah sure jaysus I forgot there's always the draft....

7th round for my kicker :P

I believe there are very few kickers in the draft....looks like McNab might get a job after all!

cliff avril's demands are ridiculous!

I wonder will anyone sign the fool....

What QBs are you looking at Vikings?

Looks like your dear Flacco won't be wearing purple. Kurt Warner is vikings Number 1 target, he fits my new scheme. ( if he signs)

Otherwise trades will be done. Worst case scenario, I sign David Carr....good lord....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

madalig12 wrote: »

I believe there are very few kickers in the draft....looks like McNab might get a job after all!
    In the drafts it's common when scouting that only 2/3 kickers are available. However in the draft additional kickers do mysteriously appear so there most likely will be 4/5

Looks like your dear Flacco won't be wearing purple. Kurt Warner is vikings Number 1 target, he fits my new scheme. ( if he signs)

Otherwise trades will be done. Worst case scenario, I sign David Carr....good lord....

That means he'll end up at the Browns :mad: Damn you Mike!!!!

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That means he'll end up at the Browns :mad: Damn you Mike!!!!

mike... trollin da fuq out of Balitmore :pac:

mike... trollin da fuq out of Balitmore :pac:

He is, every time I came across one of my former players, there was the Browns having made an offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cheer up Baltimore

As a peace offering I'll cut the legend that is Colt McCoy, you can make him starter :)

This is all Ray Rice's fault, if he didn't ask for that bumper new contract I'd still have Joe :( Also its my fault for panicking and giving it to him without realising his deal wasn't up!

Thanks for the offer Mike, but I think I'll pick up Joe Webb instead.

Lads don't forget vince young is out there.... the real star :pac:

Hasslebeck is there too pudsy..

Hasslebeck is there too pudsy..

Nah he's too slow for me Heli. Lets just say there'll be some style of play changes in Baltimore!

Chad Henne too ;)

(his penalty was less severe than Gabbert's so Blaine gets to ride the gravy train for one more year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Browns with all their dosh bidding on lower rated players than I thought they would. I might pick up some poor aging qb to hold the ball during points after. I lost two million trading Kaepernick for two picks, he was on five million so the two picks must get seven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Why can't we see their ratings other than overall in the FA bidding section? It's crazy.

Advertisement