Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

matthew8 wrote: »
    Why can't we see their ratings other than overall in the FA bidding section? It's crazy.

And even then the overall can sometimes change from the list of players to a different overall when you make them an offer.

I saw a DT at 82 OVR, went to make him an offer and it said 75 OVR.

Seems very odd but this is EA's first year with Connected Careers so there are bound to be a few issues I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I was told Hester was 73 overall. He had surprisingly few bids on him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    And even then the overall can sometimes change from the list of players to a different overall when you make them an offer.

Seems very odd but this is EA's first year with Connected Careers so there are bound to be a few issues I guess.

Ya I seen that too actually

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Really bugs me. Have to go through the draft for WRs because I don't know who has the requisite 99 speed in FA.

Alright. 5 bids made, and one I'm surprised to be the only bidder on. My prestige is B-, so I wasn't expecting every player's interest with me to be "very low". Anyone else getting this for the vast majority of players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

lads just to get this straight one last time, do we offer the players their desired contract plus 20% bonus, or can we offer more and pay 20% bonus.

i.e say a lad desires 2m+4 year deal but i want to pay him 3m+4 years, can i pay 3m plus 20% bonus

matthew8 wrote: »
    Alright. 5 bids made, and one I'm surprised to be the only bidder on. My prestige is B-, so I wasn't expecting every player's interest with me to be "very low". Anyone else getting this for the vast majority of players?

Everyone got low, don't sweat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Devin Hester is a ridiculous price in the FA market, he's not worth a fraction of it imo

Over 4 million

You'd get Josh Cribbs for half that

lads just to get this straight one last time, do we offer the players their desired contract plus 20% bonus, or can we offer more and pay 20% bonus.

i.e say a lad wants 2m and i want to pay him 3m, can i pay 3m plus 20% bonus

20% of the actually salary he is being offered.

That i offer?

Yes, as far as I know anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

madalig12 wrote: »
    Browns with all their dosh bidding on lower rated players than I thought they would.

Calling me a penny pincher???

I'm the only GM who bid on a punter :p

Punters are people too you know!
    Give them some love

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    20% of the actually salary he is being offered.

no its 20% of his total salary. bonus + salary = total salary... 20% of this.

Alright, here's the very basic idea of the rule. The minimum ratio of salary:signing bonus is 4:1. That is, it can't be 3:1, but it can be 5 or more:1. For every dollar offered in signing bonus, you must offer at least 4 dollars in salary. Salary being the thing between years and bonus on the screen.

Yes, as far as I know anyway!

cool, i should be sorted so, ive bid for a good few players, i went by my team needs page. roll on 11 tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

This is correct and intentional.

A players overall may be only 75 BUT he may be the TYPE if player you have in your scene and fit perfectly and so in your team he will be rated 82.

A HB could show as 70 depending on your scheme, change it and he could show at 87 !!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thinking I might have to make most of my offers tonight,mightn't be on 2moro.just so i have the contract system right
    A players desires 4.5 a year for 4 years so
    so a salary of 3.4 and bonus of 1.1 would be an illegal contract but a salary of 3.6 and bonus of 0.9 would be legal

100% correct.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Finally :pac:

just over 11 hours until FA round 1 is over...

Mike will welcome Joe Flaco :eek:

And Hopefully the Titans pick up a couple..

This has really frazzled the brain, still not sure whether my offer are right or very very wrong.

Tonight will either be :D or :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I was told Hester was 73 overall. He had surprisingly few bids on him.

87 for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

This has really frazzled the brain, still not sure whether my offer are right or very very wrong.

Tonight will either be :D or :eek:
    Ha feel the same!

T-7 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

T-7 hours!

Yeah, we should have just sorted it out to advance it early. Ohwell, we will know for next season. Remember the preseason this year :eek:. Thank Christ we aren't doing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Are the guys currently on auto pilot coming back like dolphins/Bills?
    Just wondering cos they don't post anymore.
    Why 11pm, does Santry work late?

Should be no-one on autopilot or the CPU will put in bids for players !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Don't advance it early :eek:
    I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Don't advance it early :eek:
    I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Timelines will remain dave, dont be worrying.

As a side note, I think the fact we have stuck to the 5 day advance rule has been awesome.
    Its very very easy to plan games now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

madalig12 wrote: »
    Are the guys currently on auto pilot coming back like dolphins/Bills?
    Just wondering cos they don't post anymore.
    Why 11pm, does Santry work late?

It's to give everyone two nights each for each round of FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's to give everyone two nights each for each round of FA.

Thats totally fair but :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Plus there is no real advantage to advancing early, we would only get to pre draft position more quickly with nothing to do

Advertisement