Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Raoul wrote: »
    Can someone please look out to see what saints related news there is. Please and thanks

Koppen the Centre signed for you.

Cason CB hasn't decided yet.
    Kemoeatu DT hasn't decided yet.
    Rivers OLB hasn't decided yet.
    Williams WR hasn't decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Can anyone update me on the packers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Fook, if I've broken a rule it's unintentional

Commish, I'll take a cap hit and the consequences if I've done so

I've signed other FA players according to the rules

Mistakes happen, can the commish review?

Ehhh...mistakes happen but it's a costly one. Have a look at the FA rules to see what happens. A six year deal to Flacco was actually the deal used as an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Colts took 2 QB's??? Edelman (who is seriously under-rated, good passer) and Ponder?

No just the 1 QB we signed, just back up to Luck, Delighted to get Edelman at WR and Justin Forsett RB, and Cecil Shorts could be a nice pick up to.

Raoul wrote: »

Ehhh...mistakes happen but it's a costly one. Have a look at the FA rules to see what happens. A six year deal to Flacco was actually the deal used as an example.
    Flacco having the best FA period ever for his agent!

• Advertisement

Commish pm'ed over Flacco 6 year deal

A mistake was made and I owned up, can't do anymore

Mike there is no ban or anything. It will just be following what is said in the FA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Warner and Peterson

I like the sound of that!

Packers updates? Please?

Nelbert wrote: »
    Packers updates? Please?

looks like there is no updates

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Warner's stats are sensational. 90 THP, 98 SAC, 95 MAC, 91 DAC, and his injury rating very high too. Personally I think the whole idea of a 40 year old coming back at all is dumb, let alone like this.

• Advertisement

looks like there is no updates

God damn it! Need to know where I stage so I can trade before or during the draft!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Could someone check cardinals for me please?

Looking at some of the contracts offered i could've signed alot more better players then i did, pulled out of deals cos i was a bit confused about the rules like how much to offer. still happy enough with who i got though......have to say that, keep morale in the squad high :D

Cool

Maybe I'm just getting defensive :o

Around 30 boardises in the league and maybe an average of 5 signings each

Twas inevitable something like this would happen, just happened it was me!

It's just extra funny that you did it with the one player that is used as the example too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No just the 1 QB we signed, just back up to Luck, Delighted to get Edelman at WR and Justin Forsett RB, and Cecil Shorts could be a nice pick up to.

Sorry, you're right. I confused Edelman with Enderley (i think) a super solid pocket QB at 65 overall, was on the Jags on Madden 12.

The Colts, Raiders and my Jags have been doing major shopping in the FA window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

This is a little frustrating. Two offers I have on the table are still undecided. So cap room tied up in their offers until they decide one way or the other. Hard to do or plan anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I also bid on Flacco. At stage 1 I released 2 players from my roster to give myself cap room to bid. I offered him a 4 year deal something like which would have a cap hit of around 8million salary 2million bonus. When he failed to sign at stage 1 with the deal I offered I decided I could not afford to offer any more so withdrew from the bidding for him.

I looked again tonight and nobody else was bidding on him. So only me could have a big problem with this and I definitely do not. If a couple of people had been bidding and lost out that would be different as the 6 year deal would have trumped anything they offered.

The rest of the league slightly suffer in that the Browns end up with more cap space for the next 2 seasons than they should have because he got a 6 year deal. Also it sets a precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

This is a little frustrating. Two offers I have on the table are still undecided. So cap room tied up in their offers until they decide one way or the other. Hard to do or plan anything

Plan like you are not gonna get them, so if you do its a bonus.

Flacco cut and the GM resigned knowing full well I'll be labelled as childish.
    I was the one who posted the mistake and then pm'ed Santryred, not another GM

Rest of league suffered? Well I'm not hanging around as a tainted GM.

There are three rounds of FA so if you want him go get him

Tainted GM? I don't think anyone is thinking that at all. Everyone realises it was an honest mistake. :confused:

It wasn't as if you were being sneaky! Also don't think Berty is really giving out about you there at all. If anything the opposite.

etloveslsd wrote: »

Plan like you are not gonna get them, so if you do its a bonus.

Not unless you get bonus cap space to cover them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Absolutely no need to resign Mike. My post says that in my opinion I thought it ok that you keep Flacco. If you read it I say that nobody lost out and the effect is minimal.

You did make an innocent mistake, it was obviously not intentional and your reputation was not in any way tainted.

As Raoul says I was not in any way giving out about it, I was saying I thought it ok and noone should have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not sure if joking, or totally misread Berty's post?

He practially said nobody cares. And I'm almost sure everyone agrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, nobody else was bidding on him after Berty dropped out, so nobody lost out.
    The browns had ~45 million in cap room so the 1-2 that you would have saved due to the longer contract is fairly irrelevant.
    Yours was a genuine mistake, not really precedent setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dont go Mike :( we won't be the best division I all of football anymore! I was excited to play Flacco, sign him up to a legit deal and move on like it never happened

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

2 of top 3 targets signed for me :) other one hasnt decided yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Filled most of the gaps that needed filling. Last thing on the list is to win the 3 way battle for Woodhead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns got defensive with being constantly quoted and reacted badly

Cleveland is a classy franchise and should know better

Apologies to the league :o

Can I rejoin the best division in all of football, AFC North?

And never speak of this again?

Weeden's confidence is shook :(

I don't know the login & password, I'd need that again

Sorry :o

Flacco doing a Jake Delhomme in getting a huge deal, getting cut and will get another new deal!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Someone put mike in the NFC.. Just to p*ss him off!

I presume Rudd hasn't signed yet?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Filled most of the gaps that needed filling.

Same here, have who i needed to get signed up, dont need anybody else apart from a kicker and a punter, maybe a TE but its not a necessity

• Advertisement

lads just a quick question, some of the lads i signed last night accepted a lower offer then i offered 1st time around on friday, does that usually happen?

Advertisement