Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

My top 2 players I wanted A.Branch and Jeff Faine rejected me for lesser contracts at the jags and packers.Prestige must be working against me there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Nice one on ruud and merriman... Both large enough contracts tbf.

Clayborn is available for trade

Wonder how my other offers went:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Pats got
    LE Scafe
    RE Mike Devito, 84 OVR I think I was the only one who offered him a contract.
    LOLB Phil Wheeler
    MLB Jasper Brinkley

Had two others I think but didn't get them. Sneaky Steelers beat me out on Sebastian Volmer who I was sure I was going to get back at an over the odds cost. Either they paid more over the odds than I did or he just wanted to drive the knife in further.
    There was also a ROLB whose name escapes me, his freedom also escaped me as I didn't sign him :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can anyone tell me if there are other receiving running backs left?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    My top 2 players I wanted A.Branch and Jeff Faine rejected me for lesser contracts at the jags and packers.Prestige must be working against me there :(

Branch didn't go to the Jags, I pulled out when I saw there were 4 other bidders. Got Albert Haynesworth instead.

And for the record, after last season the Jags prestige is a B, not too shabby.

Rob, Eben Britton is as solid as they come, re-bid for him myself but the pot was too pricey when 4 or 5 became interested.

The Jags would also like to send a memo around to league GM's that reliable WR Laurent Robinson 79 OVR is available to anyone who might have missed out on a WR FA, looking for a draft pick in return.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gufc21 wrote: »
    Nice one on ruud and merriman... Both large enough contracts tbf.

Clayborn is available for trade

Wonder how my other offers went:o

Yeah wasnt prepared to go over the odds on Rudd,
    will stick with my current LBs and target another area in the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Got Rinehart and Brock, but missed out on Collins. Berty had better have paid a king's ransom for him, I was offering 7.2 salary and 1.8 bonus for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yeah wasnt prepared to go over the odds on Rudd,
    will stick with my current LBs and target another area in the draft

Was in bad need of MLB and there was not many starters in draft so had no choice really.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Branch didn't go to the Jags, I pulled out when I saw there were 4 other bidders. Got Albert Haynesworth instead.
    Sorry I meant to say Hayneswort offered 20 mil 4 year deal but he accepted your 15 mill deal instead frown.png
    My main DT is still mysteriously out injured so in trouble in that positon
    matthew8 wrote: »
    Got Rinehart and Brock, but missed out on Collins. Berty had better have paid a king's ransom for him, I was offering 7.2 salary and 1.8 bonus for 4 years.

Berty got collins for 32mil contract,1st year is 7.17
    I only offered a starting salary of 6.4,pittance compared to ye two.
    His backup FS is rated 81! he'd walk onto my team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Where do you see what draft picks you have? By looking at the net, I may have lost my 2nd round pick due to the bounty scandal :s

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Where do you see what draft picks you have? By looking at the net, I may have lost my 2nd round pick due to the bounty scandal :s

Go to the trade block, and go as if you were going to offer one of your picks and it will tell you exactly what picks you have.

Thanks Mikey, 29th pick woo! None traded or anything. Not around for the draft so saving my scouting points and hoping the CPU does a good job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Are we able to sign FAs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Offered Nick Collins a great deal and delighted to have captured one of the best FS in the game who fits perfectly into my scheme. Kendrick Lewis rated 83 might possible leave as a result. Not many good FS in the league and Lewis would be a starter in about 16 teams.

Disappointed to lose out on Martellus Bennett who was signed by the Bears.

Chiefs signed a second Jet reject in backup RT Austin Howard who would not have left NY if the noose that is RT Jason Smith and his big bonus did not exist.

The most obvious FA signing was Danny Woodhead going to the Jets. Dave's love affair with wee Danny continues, I think Dave want to have his babies !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Are we able to sign FAs now?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Resigned Gurode C and Scaife TE from FA also got a WR and a titans C for backup. Would trade my RG Boone and picks for a RG upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

resigned Pat Mcafee and signed Nate Keating tonight, have my eye on 1 player in the draft tomorrow night and The Colts are ready for the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Can any one oblige the Packers and tell me who I did / didn't get?

Nelbert wrote: »
    Can any one oblige the Packers and tell me who I did / didn't get?

Pretty sure you got the center Jeff Faine
    not completely sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Pretty sure you got the center Jeff Faine
    not completely sure though

Yeah got him. And my backup centre returned too. Got Bullitt at SS also which I'm really happy about. Have another 10 million plus my rookie reserve to spend so may try and reignite some trade ideas....

Missed out on Anthony Spencer, not sure where he went to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So Free agency has been a disaster and next season is pretty much a write off for me.

I have 38 players with 8 draft picks.

That means it will be week 3 of the regular season before I even have 53 plays.

I will need to use 2 of my draft picks on a kicker and a punter.

Because I had bids on players that didn't sign in the end I was unable to bid on other players at those positions.

I should have put on crazy unrealistic bids for players to get them to sign, I'm now left with $27mil in Cap Space.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So Free agency has been a disaster and next season is pretty much a write off for me.

I have 38 players with 8 draft picks.

That means it will be week 3 of the regular season before I even have 53 plays.

I will need to use 2 of my draft picks on a kicker and a punter.

Because I had bids on players that didn't sign in the end I was unable to bid on other players at those positions.

I should have put on crazy unrealistic bids for players to get them to sign, I'm now left with $27mil in Cap Space.

You don't need 53 players, I thought that as well but was corrected on here. Go to team needs in your career menus and find the minimum active players you need in each position.

Also when free agency re-opens you can get the most expensive free agents with all that cap space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You need a kicker and punter to be able to have a valid lineup, so that will need to get done before Week 1 of preseason meaning if i dont get those in the draft I'll have to use my FA picks on them meaning all the best FA's will be gone by the time I get to them.

Also all the best free agents have gone at this point anyway.

I guess I'll use picks 6 and 7 on kicker and punter in the draft so I'll at least have a valid line up.

Cardinals have signed Anthony Spencer illegally. 20 mill total contract and 9 mill in bonuses.

"If a player is signed and it goes against these guidelines and is subsequently released, the number 1 draft team will get first preference on signing this player and we will move down the draft numbers until someone signs him."

This is unfortunate for the other person who wanted to sign him but not much can be done really. Can Cardinals notify me when the player is released.

Ah you're not the only one,my lack of signings leaves me with a DL rating of 69 and a OL rating of 71 or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Raoul wrote: »
    Cardinals have signed Anthony Spencer illegally. 20 mill total contract and 9 mill in bonuses.

"If a player is signed and it goes against these guidelines and is subsequently released, the number 1 draft team will get first preference on signing this player and we will move down the draft numbers until someone signs him."

This is unfortunate for the other person who wanted to sign him but not much can be done really. Can Cardinals notify me when the player is released.
    Just jumped on there, how did that get through?!? I even went back on after the flacco thing and checked my bids!
    Feck it anyway, sorry lads and also to ever else was bidding on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Released there now,
    9mil cap hit ouch..

Guys, does anyone know what happened to my C Brad Meester?

I thought I had lost him to free agency, but he never appeared in there, and he didn't retire. Seems to have just vanished?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know what happened to my C Brad Meester?

I thought I had lost him to free agency, but he never appeared in there, and he didn't retire. Seems to have just vanished?

It doesn't always tell you they retire, so he may have. I didn't get notification that Casey Hampton retired, but he has.

• Advertisement

etloveslsd wrote: »
    It doesn't always tell you they retire, so he may have. I didn't get notification that Casey Hampton retired, but he has.

Well, he was 35. But it just seems odd that he would go through all the re-signing phase then just retire without telling anyone!

Advertisement