Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

35 years old, not inconceivable that he called it a day? Not showing up in either the FA list, or the on roster list on the connected careers website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Danny woodhead is mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

35 years old, not inconceivable that he called it a day? Not showing up in either the FA list, or the on roster list on the connected careers website anyway.

Some reason had it in my head that he was 33. And I thought players who negotiated new contracts planned on playing next season. I guess he has retired yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Some reason had it in my head that he was 33. And I thought players who negotiated new contracts planned on playing next season. I guess he has retired yeah.

I think Santry mentioned that Ray Lewis retired on him after a draft. It seems it can happen any time.

Took his signing bonus and hoofed it, I like his style :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Took his signing bonus and hoofed it, I like his style :D

Out of curiousity what would happen here in terms of cap space in both real life and in the far more important BFL?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    Out of curiousity what would happen here in terms of cap space in both real life and in the far more important BFL?

1 years worth of the bonus counts against this year, the rest of the bonus counts against next year.

You dont have to pay the salary part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    1 years worth of the bonus counts against this year, the rest of the bonus counts against next year.

You dont have to pay the salary part.

So him retiring costs the team as much as cutting him would? Seems a bit unfair on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Released there now,
    9mil cap hit ouch..

It's unlucky especially as you had extra cap room so you probably could have signed him ahead of the others anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just for clarity, Meester rejected my contract, said he was going to FA, then retired.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I presume the same contract rules apply on FA's after the draft?
    Also we can't look whats left in the FA pool till after the draft can we? kinda annoying if so

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I presume the same contract rules apply on FA's after the draft?
    Also we can't look whats left in the FA pool till after the draft can we? kinda annoying if so

Free agents will only sign a 1yr deal with teams after the draft, and for a lower amount than looked for during the FA period. You'll be able to offer a longer deal at the end of the season

In the players section of the connected career website you can filter by free agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

In the players section of the connected career website you can filter by free agent.

is that through the EA Website? anytime i try to go into madden on there it says there is a server problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

And Joe Flacco is still there. Can I make the suggestion that Flacco be kept for mikemac who made mistake of giving the 6 year deal, then dropped out of the league and did not have the password to get back in until free agency was over.

Berty44 wrote: »
    And Joe Flacco is still there. Can I make the suggestion that Flacco be kept for mikemac who made mistake of giving the 6 year deal, then dropped out of the league and did not have the password to get back in until free agency was over.

Even though I will have to play him twice a year (again) I would agree with this.

(Sure none of the Browns can catch anyway :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Berty44 wrote: »

Yeah no objection to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Flacco is fair game
    Bid away

edit: first player in FA who wants him go get him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Flacco is fair game

Bid away

Cant bid at the moment, it will be the first person who bids on him after the draft..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Flacco should be yours Mike.

It actually make things easier if you do and here is why.

In real life no such QB would ever be in FA. Also it effects the way people might draft, if everyone knows you are taking Flacco then they will go and draft a top QB if they want want one. If he is still in FA someone looking a QB might decide not to draft one in the hope that they might get him and if subsequently don't get him they are screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I also think its kinda cool that he's moving to a divisonal rival I don't know if anyone agrees....

Sorry Pudsy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes, Mike, as you have taken the bonus hit and no one else wants him, I will leave him aside for you if you want him.

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I also think its kinda cool that he's moving to a divisonal rival I don't know if anyone agrees....

Sorry Pudsy :pac:

I think it would be cool to see Flacco lead The Browns to 2nd in the division alright.....

Big off season for the Rams continues as they add CB help with the much coveted J.Powers, as well as Aaron Curry and Tommie Harris on D.

Offensively, B. Banks is added at WR and KR/PR for that added burst of speed and D. Thomas helps flesh out the backfield that will hopefully be one less soon.

Roll on the draft!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

guns4all wrote: »
    Big off season for the Rams continues as they add CB help with the much coveted J.Powers, as well as Aaron Curry and Tommie Harris on D.

Offensively, B. Banks is added at WR and KR/PR for that added burst of speed and D. Thomas helps flesh out the backfield that will hopefully be one less soon.

Roll on the draft!!!!

I'm starting to think that you might actually know what you are doing. :pac:
    I feel a tough season coming:cool:

Last season was just a preamble for the offseason!!

Advertisement