Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul wrote: »
    Hmm...I didn't have a chance to offer some of these guys a contract at all. Don't think I was on autopilot either at any stage. The main guy I am worried about is my LT who is rated 91. Is it stupid franchise tagging an LT? :confused:

Your main pass blocker, no it's not unless you have a decent back up who you trust or don't have the cap room and need to address other areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Your main pass blocker, no it's not unless you have a decent back up who you trust or don't have the cap room and need to address other areas.

I think you are right!

One of the other really good players I have going is Ruud MLB rated 82. Excellent player, I do have Vilma though as backup so not too worried about him. FA is going to be crazy!!

I also have 67,000 exp points as a coach, what am I actually meant to do with them. I don't really see anything too beneficial. How do you use scout points?

I think you are right!

One of the other really good players I have going is Ruud MLB rated 82. Excellent player, I do have Vilma though as backup so not too worried about him. FA is going to be crazy!!

I also have 67,000 exp points as a coach, what am I actually meant to do with them. I don't really see anything too beneficial. How do you use scout points?

You can spend the coach point buying one of four "packs".

1) boosts a positions xp eared from games,
    2) makes it easier to get a position to resign with you,
    3) makes it easier to sign from FA.
    4) The final one is supposed to make players less likely to retire, but I have heard of people buying it and the players going anyway.

On the scouting one, you can scout attributes for a player at a cost, first you get a letter value (A-F) and then for a higher price you can get the actual figure, so say speed is 100 XP and you get A, then spend 500 XP to find out is 92.

As vice commish I would have assumed you would have got all this in the pre-launch press pack? Not to mention the seminars....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think you are right!

always been a fan of Ruud Raoul, will be bidding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yesh after reading through the posts here I'm afraid to log in to see who's leaving me

• Advertisement

always been a fan of Ruud Raoul, will be bidding!

He is very good but I have Vilma. So silly to have one of those two sitting on the bench eating up my salary cap.

Thanks for that ET! It is more or less what I thought but as with a lot of the player's boosts such as clutch, I don't know exactly what effect they will have so are they worth it or not. When do we get to have a look at the players in the draft and to scout them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bought the MLB retirement package.. cost me 12K and Farrior still retired!!

Bought the MLB retirement package.. cost me 12K and Farrior still retired!!

:D. Ah Madden is great fun this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Coachs XP were of great help in improving the Chiefs. I spent all mine on XP boosts for players only. Started out with the one for WR and then the one for CB....the rationale I had more players in those positions on my roster than any other so got must benefit. Then worked on positions I considered most important. The FB package was cheap so I bought that as he was a big part of my gameplan. He was my FA pickup and has gone up from 84 to 91.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Colts have 11 heading to FA and i managed to franchise tag the wrong CB :eek:. still have 33m cap space so i hope to still sign some players

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    Coachs XP were of great help in improving the Chiefs. I spent all mine on XP boosts for players only. Started out with the one for WR and then the one for CB....the rationale I had more players in those positions on my roster than any other so got must benefit. Then worked on positions I considered most important. The FB package was cheap so I bought that as he was a big part of my gameplan. He was my FA pickup and has gone up from 84 to 91.

:eek: From 84 to 91? What the flip was I doing. I love a good FB. I know what I will be spending my money on now. :)

I remember trading you, Berty, for a FB in the last one when I had Chris Johnson, it was unreal. Just get behind him and then wait for the block and Chris Johnson was gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep I love my Fullbacks, a much maligned species !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got a great FB in the draft actually last time, Goodall, 5th or 6th round, but instant starter.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep I love my Fullbacks, a much maligned species !

He was decent catching too. Had a lot of PAs where I passed to my FB. My aim for the offseason is to work on my PAs. Did hardly any last year.

Leach will be an asset in Tenn, have always liked a good FB but using Reece in Oakland has given me a good appreciation for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

He was decent catching too. Had a lot of PAs where I passed to my FB. My aim for the offseason is to work on my PAs. Did hardly any last year.

Yeah am thinking the same Raoul, despite my run-heavy offense I definitely under-utilised the PA.
    Probably a carry-over from my M12 experience where PA got you sacked all too often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Play action still gets you sacked too often, I use precisely 2 play action plays and only ever when I'm pretty sure there's no blitz coming.

is it 11.30 the FA market opens tonight, it'll be a late night for the Colts :D

Leach will be an asset in Tenn, have always liked a good FB but using Reece in Oakland has given me a good appreciation for them

Reece is amazing, I have him in a fantasy draft I did, Andrew Luck passing to him, unstoppable

Reece is amazing, I have him in a fantasy draft I did, Andrew Luck passing to him, unstoppable

I dont find i get sacked that often on PAs nowhere near like M12.

However Reece can really catch the ball

• Advertisement

is it 11.30 the FA market opens tonight, it'll be a late night for the Colts :D

Yeah, bit there is no advantage to putting your bids on straight away, the FA's wont decide anything until the gameweek is advanced.

They can also decide not to accept any bid and wait for the next round of FA.

There 3 rounds of FA before the draft.

You just need to ensure your re-signings are done by tonight, then you'll have 2 days I think to make offers for the first round of FA.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, bit there is no advantage to putting your bids on straight away, the FA's wont decide anything until the gameweek is advanced.

They can also decide not to accept any bid and wait for the next round of FA.

There 3 rounds of FA before the draft.

You just need to ensure your re-signings are done by tonight, then you'll have 2 days I think to make offers for the first round of FA.

Need to get my offers in tonight as I'm not around and as nice as my wife is i'd prefer her not to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals Losing:

Tate - WR - 73
    Gradkowski - QB - 72
    Leonard - HB - 71
    Geathers - LE - 86
    Lawson - ROLB - 88

There are a bunch more - but currently going from memory.. mostly my once rock solid defense

My massive losing streak putting them off!

8?

adrian522 wrote: »

oh they're done, didnt take to long the majority went to FA

Need to get my offers in tonight as I'm not around and as nice as my wife is i'd prefer her not to do it!

You have til Friday to offer! they don't go through until the league is advanced

You have til Friday to offer! they don't go through until the league is advanced

not around from tomorrow morning til sunday..

not around from tomorrow morning til sunday..

Well lets hope Mrs Heli knows her NFL

Well lets hope Mrs Heli knows her NFL

My season depends on my wife... she hates Madden!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns have a F in franchise prestige, the FA's won't be giving me any love :(

East coast bias :mad:

Advertisement