Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

when i attempt to sign a FA tomorrow night, could i get an acceptance straight away like the resigning stage or will they wait.
    They will wait till the game week advances and will pick the best offer for them from all the offers they get. Some won't accept an offer until the end of free agency.
    There is 3 FA weeks. Offers, advance and find out who got who. Rinse and repeat for two more game weeks with the odd exception being players who hold off deciding till the final FA week is advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Definitely no answer until the franchise is advanced at least one stage. Even then there might not be a decision until further advanced AND even then maybe no decision until FA is finalised. That's because a number of teams may be bidding on the same player.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Definitely no answer until the franchise is advanced at least one stage. Even then there might not be a decision until further advanced AND even then maybe no decision until FA is finalised. That's because a number of teams may be bidding on the same player.

When is FA actually starting? This thread helped me build my shopping list. Some solid releases from the Packers that may help some teams in need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've been informed by the Seahawks GM that nfl.com got it wrong and the new players were merely having a tour of Qwest Field :D

Seattle aren't CPU anymore guys, a new player took them over :)

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've been informed by the Seahawks GM that nfl.com got it wrong and the new players were merely having a tour of Qwest Field :D

Seattle aren't CPU anymore guys, a new player took them over :)

Will they be docked cap space or picks for contacting players prior to free agency? Dibs on their first pick if so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

DeSean Jackson is my number 1 target in the FA. :)

EDIT - Nelbert, it was an honest mistake and he has cut him. It hasn't made one bit of difference to anyone else. So he is being let off. It will be different after the week is advanced.

Raoul wrote: »
    DeSean Jackson is my number 1 target in the FA. :)

EDIT - Nelbert, it was an honest mistake and he has cut him. It hasn't made one bit of difference to anyone else. So he is being let off. It will be different after the week is advanced.

I was joking about the Goodell style sanctions!

Is Jackson really in FA???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yup according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Jesus there are some stars in this free agency pool!

Prestige - load of crap - Superbowl Champions Chiefs have POOR prestige !

To see your salary cap etc go to

More > Strategy > Team Salaries

It's tells you how much Cap Space you have The cap space you have shown here INCLUDES the Rookie Reserve needed for the draft ( note total cap is 130 ). You will see how much rookie reserve is on the right of the salary cap amount.

So subtract rookie reserve from cap space and that tells you how much available for 2013 free agency salaries once you have completed all your resignings.

One other point, as you go through FA and bids you make come out of that cap figure as you bid. As we advance through FA and you lose players who you bid on that are signed by other teams the available space returns. You can withdraw bids if you find that a bid you put in restricts you in the pursuit of other players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Berty44 wrote: »
    So subtract rookie reserve from cap space and threat tells you how much available for 2013 free agency salaries once you have completed all your resignings.

so if my cap space is 33m and my rookie cap is 6m, does that mean ive 27m for FA's?, hope i get who i want and who i need to resign from FA, Plan is to buy young and cheap and build from there.

Lads is there a list of the FA's for this league on the EA website, just to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lads is there a list of the FA's for this league on the EA website, just to have a look.

It is there but until advancement will not show the players who rejected contracts this week. It does include players coming out of retirement.

madalig12 wrote: »
    It is there but until advancement will not show the players who rejected contracts this week. It does include players coming out of retirement.

Good Stuff, anybody worth picking up coming out of retirement, i cant get on the connected careers on the EA site, keeps saying the server is down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Kurt Warner is the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Patriots updated list of people I didn't throw enough money at.
    Chung SS
    Volmer OL
    Arrington DB
    Woodhead HB
    Sims LB
    Edelman WR
    and Murkzvski....Mervasoski...Myrv..the centre.

And several others in the low 70's high 60's
    Got 19ish in the cap, don't know how much I'll need or if I should tag Chung, top ten safety that fits the scheme, his backup is 63 ovr? worth it? :/

I have no doubt that it will be a last minute decision this evening and regardless of either tagging him for x million or letting him go my reaction will be something like this :o
    cm-20307-05046b68bbf3dd.gif

Don't let the other Dave get his hands on Danny Woodhead or he will be able to beat everyone with one only one hand !

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I feel pretty much same way... lost 14 players to pit of rejection

I tagged OLB Lawson for 10M because I couldnt bare to lose all my Linebackers in one go and now hoping it was right thing to do!

Luckily I still have 30 odd million to play with... but a lot of empty spaces on bench and only half a clue of what to do next

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Chung... Drool...

Chung... Drool...
    I echo these sentiments.....

• Advertisement

Patriots updated list of people I didn't throw enough money at.
    Chung SS
    Volmer OL
    Arrington DB
    Woodhead HB
    Sims LB
    Edelman WR
    and Murkzvski....Mervasoski...Myrv..the centre.

And several others in the low 70's high 60's
    Got 19ish in the cap, don't know how much I'll need or if I should tag Chung, top ten safety that fits the scheme, his backup is 63 ovr? worth it? :/
    Are you keeping Hernandez then???

Nelbert wrote: »
    I echo these sentiments.....

Echo, echo, echo, echo.......

Niners fail to sign all but one, so hitting FA are

R. moss WR 83
    A. Bryant WR 76
    T. ginn WR 71
    B. Scaife TE 76
    L. Davis RG 77
    K.Wiggins RT 72
    M. Thomas DT 80
    I. Williams DT 73
    C. Haggans LOLB 78
    L. Grant MLB 77
    T.Brock CB 75
    C. Johnson CB 74
    A.Gurode C 81

You would almost think there was a fog allergy going around:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

some good players there ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

This FA malarky could turn out to be the most fun part of the season. I have my eye on quite a few players. When does the first FA round start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I have 1 main target and a few situational guys to pick up

Yep.. 2/3 guys I have targeted and a couple of other maybes..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I have one main guy too, probably the same main guy as everyone else!

Is everyone playing with a new centre next season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No Scouting done, so no idea where I'll be able to go in the draft.

I've let a load of players go though, so there will be a new look team in Detroit next season.

Advertisement