Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Berty44 wrote: »
    You can't, big programming error by EA

GDI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

madalig12 wrote: »

GDI

Are we at least all on the same playing field in terms of who is displayed and who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I only had $16m cap room which I thought was odd.

Also pretty underwhelming batch of FA's after some of the names that were getting thrown about earlier in the thread. Some of the lads that rejected contracts from me are not in the FA pool though, particularily C Brad Meester, what's up with that? I also noticed a lot of people mentioning good Centres going to FA but there seems to be 1 decent guy who doesn't fit my scheme and the rest are poor.

Yeah actually, I didn't really see all of those good centers either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Man hardly any of these suits the schemes I'm playing :(
    Also the colts must be mad for a FB :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How do you withdraw a bid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Big Daddy, you are ok. You had 39mill cap space, you have bids on players, obviously worth 21mill and you have 20million left.

What's with people making multiple bids on players in the same position !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

On XbL just view your negotiations and there is an option to withdraw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty, any chance you checking out my current status?

CC seems to be all over the place

Right trigger, my negotiations. Select player with A and it'll give you an option screen with increase, withdraw and wait it out.

Big Daddy, you are ok. You had 39mill cap space, you have bids on players, obviously worth 21mill and you have 20million left.

When you have no players at a position you offer on a cheap and a high value and hope you get both if its a position you require a backup in.

• Advertisement

You're down as having 2 bids on 1 player on my screen, ha!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    You're down as having 2 bids on 1 player on my screen, ha!

fcuk sake!

Did Hernandez get into FA or is he missing due to EA? Very frustrating. Not him I'm after but was a high profile one that is missing or tagged!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't forget, max 4 year contracts and no more than 20% in bonus!!!

Your status is set to:

Happily Married Man

However that might change depending on how Mrs Heli handles FA !!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Don't forget, max 4 year contracts and no more than 20% in bonus!!!
    Hmmmm.... I may have done this wrong.... I did 20% of the regular salary. As in 4 million with 800k bonus instead of up to the 1 million limit on bonus for that example!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yiz are like people queuing up at ungodly hours for the January sales!

Browns are checking FA too :o

Ya here's a dilemma actually,like say there's a position you really need to upgrade.Say there's player you want but you don't think you'll get him(or maybe you might) but there's also a less popular player who you have a better chance of getting.
    Do you go for the star and risk getting no1 for that position or go for both in hopes if u miss out in 1 you'll get the other

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Nelbert wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... I may have done this wrong.... I did 20% of the regular salary. As in 4 million with 800k bonus instead of up to the 1 million limit on bonus for that example!

I did this too I think?:confused:

I give up with CC... what a disaster of a system

• Advertisement

Shure i can leave this till friday right?
    I'm already stressing out over it

Don't forget the maximum contract rule or the Commissioner will be forcing you to drop players and almost certainly take a severe Cap Hit. See Heli's sticky at the top.

Look at the Total Value of the contract you are offering. Two things:

1) The bonus can be no more than 20% of this total value so get your calculators out because if you break it you will have to release the player.

2) Maximum contract length 4 years.

Example of Joe Flacco: he is looking for 6 years but all anyone will be allowed offer him is a contract for 4 years. Reduce the years to 4 and you find that it makes his salary 7m x 4 = 28m. It suggests a bonus of 3m x 4 = 12 but the maximum bonus you can offer him is 7mill. This is because the total contract will then be 35mill total, 7 million bonus will be 20%. Increase his base salary and the bonus can be increases. Example offer him 10million salary per year and you can offer 2.5million bonus x 4 ( the 10mil total bonus will be 20% of the total value )

This may seem complicated but it is a good rule to make FA bidding fair.

If anyone is in doubt please ask the question as the penalty for breach will be very severe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya here's a dilemma actually,like say there's a position you really need to upgrade.Say there's player you want but you don't think you'll get him(or maybe you might) but there's also a less popular player who you have a better chance of getting.
    Do you go for the star and risk getting no1 for that position or go for both in hopes if u miss out in 1 you'll get the other

Well you could offer your second choice a contract with zero bonus so it wouldnt cost you anything to cut him if you ended up with both and needed to cut him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Don't forget the maximum contract rule or the Commissioner will be forcing you to drop players and almost certainly take a severe Cap Hit. See Heli's sticky at the top.

1) The bonus can be no more than 20% of this total value so get your calculators out because if you break it you will have to release the player.

Example of Joe Flacco: he is looking for 6 years but all anyone will be allowed offer him is a contract for 4 years. Reduce the years to 4 and you find that it makes his salary 7m x 4 = 28m. It suggests a bonus of 3m x 4 = 12 but the maximum bonus you can offer him is 7mill. This is because the total contract will then be 35mill total, 7 million bonus will be 20%. Increase his base salary and the bonus can be increases. Example offer him 10million salary per year and you can offer 2.5million bonus x 4 ( the 10mil total bonus will be 20% of the total value )

If anyone is in doubt please ask the question as the penalty for breach will be very severe

Is a 7million bonus not 25%? His salary, not including bonus', is 28mill over 4 years. 20% of this would be 5.6million. So does that mean 5.6million is the maximum bonus he can be offered on top of the 7million salary?

Simpler way of putting this is the bonus part of the contract offer can't be more than 25% of the main salary.

Using Berty's example 28million salary 25% of which is 7 million. The two together make 35 million with 7 million as the bonus!

20% is 25% of 80%! If you understand that you are golden!

Maths and percentages! The fun of free agency!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'm so confused right now.

So if I offered 9 million for 1 year to a player, is the maximum bonus 1.8 million?

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I'm so confused right now.

So if I offered 9 million for 1 year to a player, is the maximum bonus 1.8 million?
    If you want to offer 9 million overall yes.

If you want to offer 9 million in base salary the max bonus you can offer is 2.25 million to give an overall salary of 11.25 million.

2.25 is 20% of 11.25, but its also 25% of 9
    So on the offer screen make the bottom half no more than a quarter of the top half and you will be fine.

Follow?

His total contract value can have 20% in bonus.

Go into the FA bidding and on RT select my negotiations. At the top for each player you will see your offer. e.g 4/S14.40M with 1,36m bonus.

As long as 1.36 is less than 20% of 14.40 you are ok, that is my understanding anyway.

Down the bottom left is the Total Value of the Contract.

The total bonus ( #years x amount in bonus line ) can only be 20% of that total figure, that the simplest way of calculating it.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    His total contract value can have 20% in bonus.

Go into the FA bidding and on RT select my negotiations. At the top for each player you will see your offer. e.g 4/S14.40M with 1,36m bonus.

As long as 1.36 is less than 20% of 14.40 you are ok, that is my understanding anyway.

Yeah but working it out as you making the offer can be awkward. Divide the top part of your offer by 4 and you'll figure out the max bonus.

Advertisement