Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players hitting FA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Berty44 wrote: »
    Down the bottom left is the Total Value of the Contract.

The total bonus ( #years x amount in bonus line ) can only be 20% of that total figure, that the simplest way of calculating it.
    Forgot about that being displayed! Fair bit easier alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cleveland put in 7 bids

edit
    A RG & RT for my ageing Oline

Then the GM went back to their Baltimore roots to look for Pitta TE, Williams CB and Flacco
    I lowballed Flacco, I think he'll reject it

That FB too who has become the hottest FA!

A RE too, I like his rating and reasonable demands

Cliff Avril looks tempting but damn he's expensive

Maybe I missed DeSean Jackson :confused:

I didn't see him in FA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers to gufc who put in my bids for me last night after sorting out the mess that CC did to them!

Come on Barrett Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddeeeeeeeeee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

My internet has crapped out at home ... I am willing website not to suck massively!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

So bloody :confused: with all this, whay cant it be like championship manager, set wage every week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

FA/Drafting is fricking awesome lads (excluding doing it on CC!)

Pi$$es all over Fifa for the depth tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah definitely interesting alright, though will have to re-look at what I did last night in sleep-deprived state.

Absolutely head-wrecking that you can't look at their stats. In what way does it make sense to EA to let you blindly bid money for guys without knowing what they're good/bad at :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I'm only seeing 2 WR in FA on website...

Is anyone else having issues with site not showing everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yeah definitely interesting alright, though will have to re-look at what I did last night in sleep-deprived state.

Absolutely head-wrecking that you can't look at their stats. In what way does it make sense to EA to let you blindly bid money for guys without knowing what they're good/bad at :mad:

If you go to your team needs screen you can see the stats of a tierw select number of players. Click on a player in the position and on the right hand side of screen there is a list of players available through fa/trade/draft. You can view their player cards. Very low number of wr available though only 3 or 4 I think.

• Advertisement

Just been on youtube, think i have this FA thing figured out now, i was'nt offering players enough dosh it seems, will have to re-bid now today. hope ive enough cap room left at the end of it :D

Will Madden reflect the real world and players lessen their demands as time goes on?

So a player may have big demands now but after no offers in Round 1 & 2, they'll be reasonable in Round 3?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Will Madden reflect the real world and players lessen their demands as time goes on?

So a player may have big demands now but after no offers in Round 1 & 2, they'll be reasonable in Round 3?

according to some guides ive read, it seems players may drop their demands near the end if theres a lack of interest showing to them.
    I could be wrong but thats what i took from reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Thanks for the heads up on the limits lads, because that was last thing on my mind on FA last night, so went back in and re-adjusted my bids!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

If you go into my negotiations it will state exactly what the contract is. E.g I have one where it is 4/10M contract with 2M signing bonus.

So...I think that is right yeah? And I think if it is thats the easiest place to look.

EDIT - Feck off Adrian. Bidding on all the same players as me. I bought the packages to try and help FAs want to move to me. So hopefully I beat you to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Raoul wrote: »

EDIT - Feck off Adrian. Bidding on all the same players as me. I bought the packages to try and help FAs want to move to me. So hopefully I beat you to them.

Completely forgot about the packages. Nice one raoul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Anybody bid over the odds for a player?
    Like way more than desired pay/deal?

PADRAIC.M wrote: »

Browns made a substantial offer to a former player from the Titans :cool:

More then what they requested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Yep... On the ones I really need! My cap space will be ok next year as Matthews and Finley will be (hopefully) going into new deals with a low first year cap hit.

Don't really have the cash for that unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement

Note to self:

Stop telling the other GM's my plans and strategy!

Browns made a substantial offer to a former player from the Titans :cool:

More then what they requested

You can take all those in bold Mike!

Velasco C
    Osi Umenyioura RE
    TJ Hous WR
    Leroy Harris Lg
    A Afalava SS
    Buchanon CB
    Sen'Derrick Marks DT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Note to self:

Stop telling the other GM's my plans and strategy!

WHAT ABOUT THAT KICKER, GUY X, I HEAR HE HAS 101 KPW and KAC. I'M TOTALLY GOING TO SPEND 8 MILLION ON HIM BECAUSE HE IS WORTH IT. SUCKS TO BE YOU GUYS THAT DON'T BID ON HIM. >_>

It's not working is it :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you go into my negotiations it will state exactly what the contract is. E.g I have one where it is 4/10M contract with 2M signing bonus.

So...I think that is right yeah? And I think if it is thats the easiest place to look.

Ha ha, you'll probably get them as I spent all my XP on improving the development of players rather than on attracting FA's.

I did make some generous offers though.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ha ha, you'll probably get them as I spent all my XP on improving the development of players rather than on attracting FA's.

I did make some generous offers though.
    My offers weren't too generous really. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I didn't go crazy but offered slightly above what they are looking for due to my prestige and the "Very Low" player interest.

I think all the players have low interest though. I don't think I could afford to offer any of them above what they wanted and I need the positions so I have to divide the money out evenly.

I've plenty of cash but only 33 players :0

I have no idea how many players I have. I need some backups too, so I am not sure exactly what I am going to do. Maybe just hope the Drew Brees doesn't get injured the whole season.

• Advertisement

I have no idea how many players I have. I need some backups too, so I am not sure exactly what I am going to do. Maybe just hope the Drew Brees doesn't get injured the whole season.

Raoul, I have schaub in the PFL... He's my only QB....
    In one of my recent games... he got injured so my punter was going to be my QB... However due to the UPC issues at the time the game was disconnected so the injury was re-set, i was blessed!!

Advertisement