Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc Thomson modem limited access

• 08-01-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭

So to start I don't have any broadband lingo so please bear with me.

I have been having problems with accessing the internet(wirelessly). It seems to connect fine to the actual modem but I have limited access meaning I can't get online.

I had this problem a couple of months ago and contacted upc and they changed something on the settings and it worked until this weekend but when I rang them today the girl I was talking to said the problem is with my laptop. I told her that since this weekend neither of the laptops in the house, my phone, tv or Xbox have had a stable connection and she said there is nothing wrong with the service provided but she'll send a technician on wed.

Unfortunately now the laptop will not stay connected for more than a minute:@ I have just enough time to get onto the modems wireless settings before it disconnects so would someone be able to tell me what they should be set to.

These are the current settings.
    Interface...... Enabled
    Wireless mac address xxx
    Output power.... 100%
    802.11 band.... 2.4 GHz
    802.11 n-mode... Auto
    802.11 n support required off
    Bandwitg... 20MHz
    Sideband for control channel... None
    Control channel.... Auto
    Current channel.... 1
    Regulatory mode... Off
    Pre network channel... 60
    In network radar check.... 60
    Tpc mitigation... 0(off)
    Obss... 1(enabled)
    STBC T x... Auto

Doin this on phone guys so hope it comes up ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Connect the laptop to the router with a cable then log into the setups page.

Advertisement