Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry if this is incredibly basic but…

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I have a Samsung story 2TB HDD (formatted with samsungs own formatting software to FAT32) with loads of files I watch on my walker TV. However as I get through the back log and delete the files (can only be done via my laptop) all the deleted files are appearing in my video list on the tv as $??????.mp4 (? Being any of a number of characters) if I look at the folder structure on the TV it says I have a folder $recycle.bin but I can't get this on my laptop to delete it(I've checked on XP and windows 7). I have selected show hidden files and folders in my folder options and I have also used disk cleanup on the drive giving me the option to clean up my recycle bin but apparently it sees 0kb in there anyway. It's getting a hassle with hundreds of these files now in my videos list on the TV. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

You need to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)". Its in or around "Show Hidden files". It will be there then.

Advertisement