Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct

Options
  • 08-01-2013 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

My brother ordered a pair of football boots off of sportsdirect.com, because he used the site before he didn't think there would be any problems.

Boots arrived and upon opening the box, he was greeted with the correct boots but they were used, with dirt and grass still intact.

We've emailed but to no reply and can't seem to find a number for them anywhere?

Anyone have any idea what our next step should be?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did you use their contact form to contact them?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/ContactUs/ContactForm.aspx

If so how long since you sent your query to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You have 7 days to return goods under the long distance selling regulations without penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

They're terrible for replying to emails. Firstly their contact form is crap to begin with, and secondly they took nearly a week to reply to me about a simple question clarifying stock levels.

I'd try phoning them if you can find a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

What about trying one of their stores and asking them for a customer service number. The stores phone numbers are on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

google spouts this

SportsDirect - Customer Service, Unit A Brook Park, Meadow Lane, Shirebrook, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG20 8RY, T: 08451299230.

Store: SportsDirect, Unit D Brook Park, Meadow Lane, Shirebrook, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG20 8BU, T: 08443325292. Opening hours: M-F 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 10:30am-4:30pm.

Also: SportsDirect, Unit 7 St Peters Retail Park, Station St, Mansfield, NG18 1BE, T: 08443325437 or T: 08442459260 (same hours except Sat 9am-6pm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jaysus that takes the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

I have been trying to get Sports Direct to tell me why they sent me a Stg cheque for a refund, when their T&C's clearly state that they rebate the card from which the payment was taken.
    Beware, their customer service is chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

SD support has anyway been lacking to say the least..

they are cheap and I know that this doesnt give them the right to do the likes of this..

Last time I had a problem I complained directly to the manufacture after several unresolved complaints to "support". It was sorted out promptly after that.

I've also had several good dealings with them as in I order, pay and the item arrives... as it should.

Persevere with CS and if they are a brand name contact them as well.

Advertisement