Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl VI

Options
  • 08-01-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Two old adversaries took their new teams to New Orleans to meet in the 6th Boards Superbowl. These coaches were meeting for the 4th time in the big game with Ben holding the advantage 2-1.

Q1: Chiefs receive and go on a long drive mainly on the back of some Charles running. They got 1st down at the Redskins 5, 3 plays later and it was 4th and goal at the 1. Coach Berty went for the jugular but the Redskins pulled out a great stop and the ball turned over on downs. However after making a couple of yards on their first two downs RG3 was sacked in the end zone on 3rd down for a safety. Chiefs were driving again at the end of the quarter.

Q2: Chiefs drive stalled again and they settled for a FG. 6 minutes to go in Q2 and the Redskins still had only run 3 plays. Then RG3 got going. A 51yard pass to Moss started them off on a drive and Washington combined some good running and play action passes. Moss finished off the drive with a 5 yard reception on 3rd down with 2:04 left in the quarter. Chiefs put together a good 2 minute offence resulting in Succop kicking a FG as time expired. HT and Chiefs led 8-7.

Q3: Both teams moved the ball but not effectively enough and the only score was when Billy Cundiff kicked the Redskins back into the lead halfway through the quarter. The quarter ended with the Chiefs driving.

Q4: Chiefs regained the lead with another Succop FG from 29 yards, there were 9 minutes left in the game.The Redskins were stopped and the Chiefs marched upfield with Tony Moeaki catching a 21 yard TD pass to extend the lead to 8 points. Redskins were stopped again by a Brandon Flowers interception and Chiefs ran the clock and forced the Redskins to use all their timeouts. The Redskins just stopped Kansas ( it was 4th and inches ) and after a great punt had 90 yards to go with only 45 seconds left. Cue the most amazing finish since Superbowl I.

RG 3 got going with psses to Moss 29yds, Davis 15yds, and they were past past midfield. 12 seconds left and Josh Morgan hauls in a 39yard pass at the 6 and falls out of bounds with 3 seconds left. A TD and 2 point conversion away from OT. RG3 steps back, throws, it's caught by Davis at the 1 but the he is hauled down and the clock runs down to zero. Chiefs win the Superbowl, just does not sound right !

RG3 was 14/20 237yds 1TD 1Int
    Cassel was 16/17 94yards 1Td

Redskins only had 40 yards rushing, Chiefs with Hillis and mainly Charles had 170.

Moss was the outstanding receiver with 5 catches for 114yards and a TD.

Superbowl MVP went to Brandon Flowers for that crucial interception.

Great games always with Ben, a class guy, win or lose. He has been incredible at Madden 13 and to beat him is an achievement I am proud of.

So the prolonged season is finally over !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Congratulations Bert. Well deserved win. The way you played was perfect and the first drive set the tone, an 8 minute drive to start the game is class and I knew I needed to get a lead, but I just couldn't get a big enough one to change the complexion of the game. You played a great game and deserved it, see you for revenge next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Congrats Berty, great achievement with KC!

Not too pleased that the Redskins will be on the war path next season though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah a really incredible win berty well done.

I would say your heart was in your mouth with that last second pass by Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The circumstances of the last two minutes were incredible. I had 3rd and about 5 around halfway line and Charles dodged outside towards the sideline. Two crucial things, one helping each side. Firstly Charles was stopped only inches short of the 1st down marker which would have iced the game. Secondly he was only just about inbounds when taken down. Had he gone out Ben would have had another 40 seconds and probably have tied the game. As it was I ran the clock down as far as I could and kicked a great punt out of bounds.

Then Ben started passing....fantastically. I was playing conservative, giving up the middle and preventing the deep ball but RG3 had no real pressure on him as a result. His pass to Josh Morgan was absolutely outsanding. When he completed that I was sure he would tie the game.

The game was played in great atmosphere. We had a great laugh throughout the game, complimenting each other on the good plays and commiserating on a couple of missed picks. Typical was in the 1st half Washington had a 3rd down in Chiefs territory. RG3 scrambled but was hit short of the 1st down and fumbled the ball forward. Not only did the Redskins recover the ball but it was good enough to convert for a 1st down. The two off us were piddling laughing at that.

Advertisement