Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV Phoneline

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

nc6000 wrote: »
    Just tried it with the phoneline from the alarm panel straight into the wall, no DSL filter or broadband modem turned on.

I still got F6 after C1, C2 & C3.

Are you sure you have the main working line going into the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

No luck with adding the pause, still getting F6.

Yep, I'm sure the line is going to the panel correctly. If I disconnect it and try a test call I get the F1 error which means no dial tone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you connect a phone directly into the pair at the panel & see can you make a call. Also try powering the panel down completely and power up again after 2 minutes.

No luck with adding the pause, still getting F6.

Yep, I'm sure the line is going to the panel correctly. If I disconnect it and try a test call I get the F1 error which means no dial tone.

Wonder if its an issue with the dialer. You only defaulted it so that would of brought it back to factory settings. Try this again and connect the main line direct into the first two terminals. Have no return to the phone point connected and test again.

I'll have another look at it later on, didn't get to it over the weekend.

I popping the mains fuse and taking off the jumper on the right-hand side enough to power it down completely?

• Advertisement

I'll have another look at it later on, didn't get to it over the weekend.

I popping the mains fuse and taking off the jumper on the right-hand side enough to power it down completely?

Thats correct.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A busy tone can also give F6. On some UPC lines the dial tone is similar to the busy tone on Eircom etc.
    Try turn line monitor off - Command 22 to NO
    Ensure Dialling is set to DTMF - Command 19 to 1

KoolKid wrote: »
    A busy tone can also give F6. On some UPC lines the dial tone is similar to the busy tone on Eircom etc.
    Try turn line monitor off - Command 22 to NO
    Ensure Dialling is set to DTMF - Command 19 to 1

I tried this and also tried powering down the panel for a few minutes and still no luck.

I think I'll try another factory reset later on and see if it makes any difference.

Yippee!!! I got it working. I used command 19 and changed it to pulse dialling and the test call worked straight away.

Thanks very much for your help Altor & Koolkid. It is much appreciated.

Are you sure it was pulse and not tone?
    Anyway if its working leave it alone.

• Advertisement

I found this in the Engineer Manual and gave it a go as it sounded like my problem. I was about to get the ladder back out to do a reset and was having a quick look at the manual so I had all the commands ready.

"The communicator sees the telephone line, but seems to have great difficulty making a call. Sometimes it gives F1 (no dial tone), F3 (no handshake) or F6 (busy) Check that the line is not an Internet access line (mostly in schools). This line will only connect to one number, the only solution is use a
    different line.
    Check that the line is not a PABX line or an ISDN line with a terminal adapter. If an ISDN line has been installed then the dialller MUST be connected to the ANALOG port of the terminal adaptor. (An ISDN line will give a voltage reading of approximately 100 volts, an analog port or a regular phone line will be be about 50 volts). Try changing command 19 to 2 (pulse dialling)."

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

Just wondering seen as though a good few of you are mentioning command lines. How do I get these functions. I've an ASTEC 63dv and test call goes thru the motions. You can hear the box clicking and C1 then C2 the the C3 and then I get a F6 fault. The mobile that its set to ring never rings. I've unplugged the broadband router and its still the same. Got the e fibre in a couple of weeks ago and I'm not sure if this has been the case of the alarm not ringing any of the numbers. Haven't got the engineers code either.

marcoz wrote: »
    Just wondering seen as though a good few of you are mentioning command lines. How do I get these functions. I've an ASTEC 63dv and test call goes thru the motions. You can hear the box clicking and C1 then C2 the the C3 and then I get a F6 fault. The mobile that its set to ring never rings. I've unplugged the broadband router and its still the same. Got the e fibre in a couple of weeks ago and I'm not sure if this has been the case of the alarm not ringing any of the numbers. Haven't got the engineers code either.

C1 dialer seizes the line.
    C2 dial tone detected.
    C3 ringing number.
    F6 busy tone detected.

Check the number programmed.
    Can you dial the number off your phone.
    Does you home phone go dead when the lines is seized?

He is a link to the user manual. Page 10/11 covers changing and adding phone numbers.

Try changing to pulse dialling. That's what I did and it started working straightaway.

Advertisement