Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Thing I Noticed!

• 08-01-2013 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

In Harry Potter and The Philosphers stone, when Harry finds out he is the new seeker and is nervous about it Hermoine takes them to this trophy which I can only guess is a trophy for Quidditch captains of Gryffindor (Dosn't actually say) but to the right of James Potter it has M.G. McGonagall. Could it be that Minerva McGonagall was a Qudditich captain in her time or could I be missing something? Anyone, thought I would see what you think :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Also just occured to me how does Quirrel get through the chessboard when their are 2 empty spaces? The one Harry stands at and the one Hermoine stands at. I thought maybe Hermoine takes over a piece but when they initially walk into the room that Castle isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    In Harry Potter and The Philosphers stone, when Harry finds out he is the new seeker and is nervous about it Hermoine takes them to this trophy which I can only guess is a trophy for Quidditch captains of Gryffindor (Dosn't actually say) but to the right of James Potter it has M.G. McGonagall. Could it be that Minerva McGonagall was a Qudditich captain in her time or could I be missing something? Anyone, thought I would see what you think :D

I never noticed that before! Nice little find :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Neutron_pot

It would explain mcgonagalls obsession with quiddich?

But it says 1971, now without sounding bad to McGonnagall Im pretty sure she is older than that :D. Its a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

She was definitely on the Quidditch team! Surely you knew that? :O

"A fall during her last year (a foul during the Gryffindor versus Slytherin game which would decide the Cup winner) left her with concussion, several broken ribs and a lifelong desire to see Slytherin crushed on the Quidditch pitch."
    But you're right, she was only a student from 1947 to 1954 so the date is surely wrong :)

• Advertisement

So who is M.G. McGonagall then on the shield? I can't see it just being a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

No I would say its her alright but I would assume the movies got the dates wrong/ changed them on purpose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gagamonster

Mc Gonigal is the Gryffindor house captain, she obviously has an obsession with quiddich and wants her house to gain more points! :)

Advertisement