Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translating a German book

Options
  • 08-01-2013 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for someone to translate a book that is only available in German into English, it's about 400 pages, it's about education, psychology , human consciousness and spiritual matters (not religious). If anyone is interested could you give me a rough price and get back to me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

Anyone? I would take an audio translation..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Verena

Hi Tony,

I am German and am living in Ireland. It sounds like a difficult book to translate and I have to admit, I have never done anything like this before. But I am willing to give it a shot.I had a look at some other forums and costs vary a lot. Have you researched publishing rights/copyrights, as there might be an issue that way? Have you set a time limit when you would like to have it translated by?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Verena

Hi Verena, thanks for the reply, I did not see it until now, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. This translation is for personal use and will not be distributed to anyone. I would be happy with an audio translation for example if you were to just record the book being read out in English on dictaphone or something like that, I have no time limit on it so it could be done in your own time. If you have any idea how much this could cost please let me know. As this is just a personal project I can't afford much but we can discuss it anyway if you are interested. I can send you some translated work by the same author if you like , along with the original German. There have been some professional translations of other writings by this author which due to the subject matter and wrting style have taken a very long time to correctly translate, the author writes in an unusual style of German but I think this particular book may be more accessible. Anyway let me know what you think. Many thanks. Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Verena

Hi again Tony,

Would you send me a couple of pages of the book that needs to be translated? I would like to see the style of writing, just in case it is too time consuming to translate. Would you send this to vgrube@web.de and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks a mill

Verena

Cool, I'll send you some pages scanned tomorrow after work, thanks again. T.

• Advertisement
Advertisement