Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar Bizarre monthly meet up.

Options
  • 08-01-2013 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Just letting you know about a monthly get together I'm organizing. Its called Bar Bizarre and its in Thomas House on Thomas Street, D8.
    The idea is for people with an interest in everything from ghosts to cryptozoology to get together once a month for an informal meet up. A few pints/coffees or whatever and have a meeting of minds.
    Believers and skeptics welcome, WiFi in the bar so drag your laptops and tablets along and we can check out videos and sites etc.

I haven't set a date yet but its looking like Feb will be the kick off. I'd gladly take suggestions on dates if anyone has a preference.

Interested in hearing peoples takes on the idea. If we should set a theme each month or just let it be a free for all? I'm sure the ghost people will find more ghost people, the bigfoot people will find more bigfoot people, or we can mix it up and laugh at the mothman people etc

Ive set up a facebook page, and Id be over the moon if you could "like" it as it will mostly likely be the main spot for announcements on dates etc (although obviously they will be posted on here too)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bar-Bizarre/141979185957246

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sounds good. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

That sound great ... Too far away for me mind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Well the idea is to have it monthly so that people can travel from around the country to meet up. And if things go well we could organize meet ups in different counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Sounds great, would love to go if I'm in the capital when it's organised =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Ha, like the Alchemists Café, but with actual alchemy (which I seriously thought it was, the first time).

Bit off the beaten track, but I'm interested nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Trying to get a few more people involved in the Facebook page so we can use it as a central point before organizing the first meet up. I also don't want to sort out a meet and be left on my own! So if you are interested please get involved on the facebook page and let any friends know if they are interested in any of the subjects.

I joined the FB page and shared it a number of times but not too sure that it's been successful :pac: Next time I'm in the capital I'll say it to friends and see what their reaction is :)

You are better off here than facebook to be honest.

Have at least one +1 for this, but they never use facebook and aren't on boards :)

I understand that not everyone is on FB thats why I will be pushing it out on boards also. I'd like to do at least one meet up in Feb. So if anyone has any opinion on dates let me know so I can book the back area of the bar.

• Advertisement

The latter two weeks of the month'd suit me better than the first two :)

Was there ever a movement with this

How about the 22nd, Friday evening?

Its still going ahead yeah. I'm slowly building up a few more bodies to join us. The last thing I want to do is organize a get together and have 2 people there. Keep spreading the word and posting in this thread and ill be back on soon with a date.

Would saturday afternoon or saturday evening be better for you guys and gals? Are we talking a few pints or a few coffees for something like this? Id prefer a few pints to loosen the gob but whatever you feel like really! Or maybe something in like middle like 6pm so you can do either?

Evenings are best. Few drinks would be fine. I do want to try and orgainse a night trip to the Hellfire Club this year but I know people wont go with people they don't know, thats fair enough but this might be a way around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Count me in for this?

Can't make that weekend but the one after would suit if it's flexible =)

Still building up but we are getting closer, I'll keep asking and promoting the idea and then we will throw out some dates and see what works. A trip up to the club would be an excellent idea. I was up there at night a few weeks ago with the dog. Good craic. workwhile for the view alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

I'm interested. :)

• Advertisement

Ok Im going to set a date on this and we will roll with it. Saturday 20th April at 7pm in Thomas House pub 86 Thomas Street. www.facebook.com/thomashousdub for direction etc. Let me know if this date suits

Sounds good to me. i'm in

are you going to book an area in the pub, so people wont be walking around like headless chickens trying to find the group?

The back bar of the pub will be reserved for a few hours for us.

Set phasers to fun!

We probably better show up to this or the other pub patrons will think its the worlds shittiest birthday party.

http://www.facebook.com/events/146427358858792 join and share if you are on facebook.

Im actually away that weekend. Sorry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

ah I was intersted in this but not on a Saturday evening, couldn't be a worse time or day for me.

• Advertisement

sorry guys,

i couldn't actually make it to this, how did it go?

Advertisement