Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre pilot, can I sign up?

Options
  • 08-01-2013 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I am living in the Dundrum area, am currently an eircom customer and am interesting in joining the fibre pilot which according to this is available in my area.

Am I able to sign up and if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

The fibre pilot has ended. Full fibre services should be available on the completed exchanges this spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi AdamD

Unfortunately the fibre pilot scheme has ended. At this moment there is no forecasted date for fibre to be available to the public but fingers crossed hopefully soon.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thanks for the replies.

Is Dundrum part of phase 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

dundrum was part of the pilot, it will be included in the rollout with the phase 1 exchanges.

go here for a list of all the fibre exchanges

http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/ngn-access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I live in the same area and would have liked to be part of the pilot.  Last year, I registered my interest on the eircom page for fibre (don't recall the link).... and it would have been great to be told about the pilot.

When it is available to everyone, will there be any announcement to those that registered their interest?

• Advertisement

Hi edanto

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, when fibre is available I'm sure there will be a number of announcements and possible advertisements as it is in quite high demand. I also plan to make announcements on our community forum and on boards as soon as we have any information in regards to the availability of eircom fibre broadband.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Hi edanto

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, when fibre is available I'm sure there will be a number of announcements and possible advertisements as it is in quite high demand. I also plan to make announcements on our community forum and on boards as soon as we have any information in regards to the availability of eircom fibre broadband.

Regards

Al

Will they be sending out new routers or are these Zyxel ones sufficient for fiber?

Hi Harry Deerpark

Yes new modems will be required for fibre broadband. As fibre has not been released yet I have no further information on modem type/spc etc.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

Hi Alan

Any updates on this? I'm on the Dundrum exchange (and very much within the area marked on the map in the pilot) - with the pilot complete and maps/websites stating fttc fibre live on the Dundrum exchange, why isn't this being rolled out to the public now? Could you inform us of the delay? Is it an issue with other companies? 

You might let us know as I'm sure you're well aware there are huge speed issues with many of Eircom's current lines and UPC appear to be hoovering up your business.

Thanks in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

May 20th earliest, perhaps not even by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    May 20th earliest, perhaps not even by then.
    well the link on the Eircom Website in Live so it shouldn't be to long. You can register you're interest on http://www.eircom.net/efibre/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baaah

Soryy for butting in here, but for some reason I can't start my own thread. 

I got a leaflet this morning saying that fibre will be available soon in my area. Good news.  What I really was curious about was ...will this be fibre all the way into the house, or just to the nearest cable cabinet, then from this on ordinary cable to the houses.

If it is the latter, will the existing modem have to be changed.

Thanks

baaah wrote: »
    Soryy for butting in here, but for some reason I can't start my own thread. 

I got a leaflet this morning saying that fibre will be available soon in my area. Good news.  What I really was curious about was ...will this be fibre all the way into the house, or just to the nearest cable cabinet, then from this on ordinary cable to the houses.

If it is the latter, will the existing modem have to be changed.

Thanks

Hi baaah

Thanks for your interest, unfortunately I will not have be able to answeryour query until we are much closer to the launch date as we currently don't have access to so such info until this goes fibre live. At this moment in time we do not have an approximate launch date however we are hoping to have more info by mid to late may so if you would like to get back to me then I would be happy to look into this for you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement